[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
the EDGE

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

diffuser wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 05:19
the EDGE wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 20:05
Forgive me if this question has already been asked/answered, but regarding Ricciardo and Abiteboul's bet

Does anyone if it was actually a bet, or was it a pact? Because the former would suggest Cyril actually bet against his own team scoring a podium this year. That would be a rather strange position to take
Isn't like that...more like a incentive..." If you get a podium I'll put on the tattoo of your choice".
So a pact, not a bet. Makes more sense

selvam_e2002

sorry to ask this question again: is there any chance cowell joining Renault? As we do see lot of changes in Renault. did they have his name in pipe line?
I also see some rumors about Abitabul exit?

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

Fernando Alonso and Renault DP World F1 Team start work for 2021
Renault F1 wrote:
Earlier this week, double world champion Fernando Alonso made his first visit to Renault DP World F1 Team in preparation for his 2021 F1 campaign. The Spaniard returned to his ‘home’ team, visiting both the Enstone, UK, and Viry-Chatillon, France, sites for the first time in over 10 years.

Fernando’s F1 career has been meshed with that of Renault. He started with the team as a 21-year-old in 2002 and secured his first-ever win in 2003. Both his drivers’ titles were sealed with Renault, first in 2005 and again the next year. He later returned to the team in 2008 and 2009.

Fernando and the team are however squarely looking forward and the visit this week was to get ahead of the game for 2021. Over the two-day visit to Enstone Fernando completed a full day in the on-site driver-in-the-loop simulator, a seat fit and engineering meetings with Renault DP World F1 Team technical management, plus a visit to the wind tunnel to see progress for next year. Fernando then flew to Paris to catch up with Renault engine technicians at Viry as he visited the dynos and engine build workshops at the French site.

“Being back at Enstone was a very good experience, they were very emotional days,” commented Fernando. “A lot of things have changed; the simulator is new, the wind tunnel has been updated, but a few things are the same: there are the same offices, the gym that I used to visit a lot…

“It was a like a first day at school, with lots of things to learn and get through, but it was very productive. I’ve followed a programme in the simulator, getting used to the car a little, testing the facilities – last time I was here the simulator didn’t exist! Then I had a seat fit and meetings with key people to understand the programme for next year. It was really just getting up to speed.

“I think the team is in good shape for the future. The last few races were encouraging for everyone, for myself too. To see Renault back in a competitive manner is a good thing for the sport and I’ve been delighted to see the improvements. We’ve still got a long way to go and the midfield is very tight but I think the guys have done an amazing job trackside. The last couple of races were very exciting to watch and I am looking forward to being back in the mix. I’ll now follow what the team needs from my side – some sim days, helping some weekends and being available for the team for anything they need.”

Renault DP World F1 Team Team Principal and Managing Director Cyril Abiteboul added, “It’s been great to see Fernando back at the team in person. He’s hugely motivated to have the best start possible. He wants to be very involved in the preparations. Spending three days at Enstone and Viry gave both sides the opportunity to restart those links and set the foundations at a very early stage, which will be critical to hit the ground running in 2021, a key year in our progress as a team.”
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

selvam_e2002

Good to see you back. Hoping he will repeat what he did in 2005 and 6. Good Luck

selvam_e2002

any update for this week for renault? are they plan for any power unit and engine update this year?

PowerandtheGlory

selvam_e2002 wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 11:26
any update for this week for renault? are they plan for any power unit and engine update this year?
I think there was confirmation that the engine wouldnt get any updates this year.. but hooefuly they can boost performance before the budget cap comes in.
There was floor updates in the last races, but nothing else... the short turnaround between races this year, hasnt given teams the means to develop in a short space of time.. other issuee like factory shutdowns and lockdowns and now budget concerns have slowed things this year. Good thing the car was pretty good in the first place...
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

selvam_e2002

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 18:55
selvam_e2002 wrote:
I think there was confirmation that the engine wouldnt get any updates this year.. but hooefuly they can boost performance before the budget cap comes in.
There was floor updates in the last races, but nothing else... the short turnaround between races this year, hasnt given teams the means to develop in a short space of time.. other issuee like factory shutdowns and lockdowns and now budget concerns have slowed things this year. Good thing the car was pretty good in the first place...
Thanks for the information. Hope they would get some performance boost before end of this year.

the EDGE

selvam_e2002 wrote:
Other than for reliability tweaks teams are not permitted to change the engine spec until the winter break,

Big Tea

the EDGE wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 07:09
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Other than for reliability tweaks teams are not permitted to change the engine spec until the winter break,
Like reliably getting another 10hp? :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chgarciasys

Big Tea wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Mmmmm
post Cyril - Toto meeting about "pink Mercedes gate", Renault made a big improvement in it's pace.
Ricciardo said the team found a way to balance the car, but for me there's something else...

Enviado desde mi moto e(6) plus mediante Tapatalk

SmallSoldier

chgarciasys wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
Mmmmm
post Cyril - Toto meeting about "pink Mercedes gate", Renault made a big improvement in it's pace.
Ricciardo said the team found a way to balance the car, but for me there's something else...

Enviado desde mi moto e(6) plus mediante Tapatalk
Their improvement (Renault’s) isn’t engine related is car related

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mclarensenna

Ever since that Ocon radio incident in Monza the past 2 races Ocon in every interview has done a complete 180 in attitude. It went from always negative and always insinuating he not getting equal treatment with words like on my side this and my side we need to work out that and other issues always on his side.

To the last 2 races where he is super smiley and constantly in the most positive upbeat mood about the car and how great the car is.
It seems Cyril pulled him up after Monza and it seemed to work well as hes attitude is changed and seems more relaxed.
Maybe Ocon felt so much pressure to beat Ric but im guessing Cyril put his worries at ease as well.
Ocon is in good spirits and a driver in good spirits will always perform better.
Good on Ocon as yes its tough being constantly beaten by your team mate but he is growing and hope his psotive attitude and hopefully more positive results continue.

PowerandtheGlory

Mclarensenna wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 09:09

Ever since that Ocon radio incident in Monza the past 2 races Ocon in every interview has done a complete 180 in attitude. It went from always negative and always insinuating he not getting equal treatment with words like on my side this and my side we need to work out that and other issues always on his side.

To the last 2 races where he is super smiley and constantly in the most positive upbeat mood about the car and how great the car is.
It seems Cyril pulled him up after Monza and it seemed to work well as hes attitude is changed and seems more relaxed.
Maybe Ocon felt so much pressure to beat Ric but im guessing Cyril put his worries at ease as well.
Ocon is in good spirits and a driver in good spirits will always perform better.
Good on Ocon as yes its tough being constantly beaten by your team mate but he is growing and hope his psotive attitude and hopefully more positive results continue.
Yes, he is def being beaten quite soundly by Ricc, who has shown a great level of maturity in the last 3 races.. that is what is missing from Ocon’s driving and personality altogether.. i guess he realises that and needs to stop spitting his dummy out?
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Sevach

https://www.racefans.net/2020/09/26/ric ... last-year/

Interesting read, hopefully the team carries the lesson they learned into the future.