2020 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, September 25 - 27

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
i70q7m7ghw

Re: 2020 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, September 25 - 27

Anyone else think turn 2 was actually dangerous this year? Sainz could have been seriously injured, all because the race director is asking drivers to drive towards a concrete wall.

siskue2005

jz11 wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 19:57
siskue2005 wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 19:52
jz11 wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 19:42

ok, fine, then why they made that additional rule then? to prevent anyone doing exactly what he did because of the reason I mentioned, if you don't read the notes, or read and don't understand and ignore what you don't understand, it doesn't mean the rule is unnecessary...
if something is unclear - go to stewards and ask where they think it is fine to do the practice starts - IT IS THAT EASY!
What rule ???

this is the rule

from this race event notes

19) Practice starts
19.1 Practice starts may only be carried out on the right-hand side after the pit exit lights and, for the
avoidance of doubt, this includes any time the pit exit is open for the race.
Drivers must leave adequate room on their left for another driver to pass.
19.2 For reasons of safety and sporting equity, cars may not stop in the fast lane at any time the pit exit
is open without a justifiable reason (a practice start is not considered a justifiable reason).

https://serving.photos.photobox.com/525 ... ac047f.jpg

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... on%203.pdf
All the above info taken from their events notes in the above pdf

So where exactly is the rule u are talking about ??

There is no clear place designated to have start, it just says u can do a practice start after the lights before the pit exit ends (see the 19th section in the pdf and the picture of the pit exit in the later pages)

And if the events notes says u can do practice start after the pit lane lights and there is no need to get clarity on every little thing!

It is the fault of FIA that they have a stupid rule written here, and it should have been FIA clarifying it to the team rather than dishing out penalties to cover their incompetence's
was Hamilton the only one doing practice starts?
You where talking about additional rules in the post above?
Could you please show me what Lewis did was wrong according to the race notes?

What other drivers didnt do or did do is not relevant, what the rules allow is what Mercedes team said to Lewis and what he did.
Last edited by siskue2005 on 27 Sep 2020, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

siskue2005

Diesel wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:00
Anyone else think turn 2 was actually dangerous this year? Sainz could have been seriously injured, all because the race director is asking drivers to drive towards a concrete wall.
Yup, the race director instruction was stupid really, it was even more dangerous to go through it than just joining the track straight away

PlatinumZealot

f1jcw wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 17:38
I was following the race on the autosport forum. Is their any thoughts on the drivers steward Salo leaking information to a TV station before official confirmation?
Ok here is the video with subtitles:

A couple of points:

- Juusela seemed dead set that Hamilton would get his penalty points filled to 12, which suggets the stewards initially considered this as the penalty.

- I know that the investigations for the two practice starts were already announced at this point, but the way Juusela would "predict" a hockey-style 5+5 penalty is very unlikely.

- To me it is evident beyond reasonable doubt that at the start of the video Salo messages Juusela and spills the beans. Nothing about it seems like it's Juusela's own speculation.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Woooaah!!

This is the heights of unprofessionalism!

Did Mika Salo leaked highly confidential infromation information to Finish commentators?!

Jesus.... Heads are going to roll....
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

jz11

siskue2005 wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:01

You where talking about clear cut rules in the post above?

What other drivers didnt do or did do is not relevant, what the rules allow is what Mercedes team said to Lewis and what he did.
I'll be very impolite and ask another question, because I assume the answer to my previous question was - all the drivers do multiple practice starts during race week end

and I'll immediately STFU and apologize if someone shows me other driver doing practice start where he did, or even closer to the pits, but if you don't, I have one more question - how did the other 19 drivers/race engineers know where to do them?

El Scorchio

jz11 wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:11
siskue2005 wrote:

I'll be very impolite and ask another question, because I assume the answer to my previous question was - all the drivers do multiple practice starts during race week end

and I'll immediately STFU and apologize if someone shows me other driver doing practice start where he did, or even closer to the pits, but if you don't, I have one more question - how did the other 19 drivers/race engineers know where to do them?
I think what he’s saying is that it’s totally irrelevant where anyone else did their starts if the notes don’t specifically forbid Hamilton doing his where he did.

i70q7m7ghw

Mika Salo should be banned from attending any F1 event if what's being circulated as true. That's race fixing, he could be leaking that to people to place bets on Bottas to win the race.

PlatinumZealot

Yes the Finish commentator even admitted it himself that the information should not be released! This is a scandal!

I alwys hated Mika Salo as a Steward. He is always up to no good.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

siskue2005

El Scorchio wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:13
jz11 wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:11
siskue2005 wrote:

I think what he’s saying is that it’s totally irrelevant where anyone else did their starts if the notes don’t specifically forbid Hamilton doing his where he did.
Thank you :)

i70q7m7ghw

Just seen the replay of the starts............ where was he meant to do the practice start? There's a wall, you can't even go outside the "white lines" of the track!?

siskue2005

Diesel wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:14
Mika Salo should be banned from attending any F1 event if what's being circulated as true. That's race fixing, he could be leaking that to people to place bets on Bottas to win the race.
and also to other teams who may want to change their strategy accordingly

If this is true then Masi will be happy to include Salo in the future also, as he likes to spice things up and have people who have low moral values to do his bidding :lol:

siskue2005

Diesel wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:22
Just seen the replay of the starts............ where was he meant to do the practice start? There's a wall, you can't even go outside the "white lines" of the track!?
But he still pulled out of the way to the right and was not at all impeding any cars to go by

i70q7m7ghw

Can someone please tell me where the practice start is meant to be done, because after watching the replay I don't understand where else it could be done.

maxxer

Diesel wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:24
Can someone please tell me where the practice start is meant to be done, because after watching the replay I don't understand where else it could be done.
The others did it where the safety car is normally is parked , but Lewis said it was not a good place there was too much rubber laid down already

i70q7m7ghw

maxxer wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:25
Diesel wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:24
The others did it where the safety car is normally is parked , but Lewis said it was not a good place there was too much rubber laid down already
Can you show me a picture?