Non reciprocating combustion engines.

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
63l8qrrfy6

Re: Non reciprocating combustion engines.

I see where you are coming from, but:

The dictionary definition is "reciprocate - (of a part of a machine) move backwards and forwards in a straight line".
Strictly speaking any fixed point (except points on the centreline) on the wankel rotor follows a curved path when the shaft rotates.

Big Tea

Mudflap wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 09:21

The dictionary definition is "reciprocate - (of a part of a machine) move backwards and forwards in a straight line".
Strictly speaking any fixed point (except points on the centreline) on the wankel rotor follows a curved path when the shaft rotates.
(not intended to wind up but ) what is a rocket engine then? Straight line an all that?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

63l8qrrfy6

Big Tea wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 15:52
Mudflap wrote:

(not intended to wind up but ) what is a rocket engine then? Straight line an all that?
It's a reaction engine :))
Which component of the rocket engine do you think reciprocates with respect to a coordinate system that is fixed to the rocket?

Rodak

Is this part of the 'Rocket Pendulum Fallacy' stuff?

PhillipM

Mudflap wrote:

I mean if you're gonna go strict then a piston rocks from side to side depending upon which direction it's travelling too : :wink:

Big Tea

PhillipM wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 09:19
Mudflap wrote:

I mean if you're gonna go strict then a piston rocks from side to side depending upon which direction it's travelling too : :wink:
I just happened across this real weird engine on youtube. Yes I know its reciprocating, but all sorts of other things too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHXKNpXoQUo
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.