Turkish GP announced!!

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
falonso81

Re: Turkish GP announced!!

This is a great addition. 2020 is going to be remembered for years to come. I would have also wanted a race at Magny Cours (Imola chicane full throttle would have been awesome).

NathanOlder

Imola full throttle would be unlikely surely ? Interesting to see either way. I do like Magny Cours though. I'm looking forward to watching a Live F1 race just 12 days before Christmas!! Yes please!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

holeindalip

El Scorchio wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 12:21
I like that they are going to tracks there is no current data on- including this one. That adds a little unknown at least as to how the weekend may pan out.

It’s not a track teams will have accounted for when making design decisions
Yup a few of those thrown in there this year, might be a good idea every year to throw in a couple random bogey tracks which the teams don't know about...

Ozan

it's gonna be an amazing race this year, with these cornering speeds seen on Spa circuit, turn 8 and last sector will be amazing to watch. I hope we can see it live on circuit.

etusch

New asphalt for İstanbul Park circuit

foxmulder_ms

I cannot believe we are having A race in Turkey under this circumstances with covid. Turkish hospitals are literally turning down patients because they are full. I mean... if we can have a race in Turkey we can have a race *anywhere*. I wish it was Japan or China or Texas :|

Mogster

foxmulder_ms wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 16:51
I cannot believe we are having A race in Turkey under this circumstances with covid. Turkish hospitals are literally turning down patients because they are full. I mean... if we can have a race in Turkey we can have a race *anywhere*. I wish it was Japan or China or Texas :|
I think the problem with Texas, Japan and China are the local quarantine restrictions, bans on entertainment events etc.

Just_a_fan

foxmulder_ms wrote:
If F1 turns up to race and they don't let in any spectators, then there is no increased risk to the local hospital infrastructure. F1 races in isolation and so it is as if they aren't there so far as the hospitals etc. are concerned.

The reason they might go to Turkey more easily than Texas is likely to do with local politics. I'd say that Erdogan (President of Turkey) is able to say "do this or that" without people questioning him where Greg Abbott (Governor of Texas) can't, for example.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

LM10

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 18:10
foxmulder_ms wrote:
If F1 turns up to race and they don't let in any spectators, then there is no increased risk to the local hospital infrastructure. F1 races in isolation and so it is as if they aren't there so far as the hospitals etc. are concerned.

The reason they might go to Turkey more easily than Texas is likely to do with local politics. I'd say that Erdogan (President of Turkey) is able to say "do this or that" without people questioning him where Greg Abbott (Governor of Texas) can't, for example.
The organisers are planning to let 100 k spectators in.

Jaeger

LM10 wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 18:17
Just_a_fan wrote:
foxmulder_ms wrote:

Spectators won't be allowed at the track,it had been decided weeks ago.

LM10

Jaeger wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 18:31
LM10 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Source?

Jaeger

LM10 wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 19:09
Jaeger wrote:
LM10 wrote:

Source?
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/turk ... 0/4886396/

Just_a_fan

LM10 wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 19:09
Jaeger wrote:
LM10 wrote:

Source?
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/turk ... 0/4886396/
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

etusch

I don't need source, they repaid my ticket money :(