2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Today Alex Marquez ride incredible. He was so close to win. Looks like he has talent and need to develop.

Andres125sx

That was a fun race! :D

Alex Marquez impressed me, if he´d have passed first ducati a bit sooner he´d have won the race wich is ridiculous when you know what was his perfomance the rest of the season. Should be HRC reconsidering his move to the satellite team?

Or Rins who was also the fastest until he crashed, wich he´s doing too frequently lately

Mir was really unfortunate with Rossi crash, otherwise he could have take the lead of the championship. That would have been epic for him but unfortunately he didn´t have the chance once Rossi crashed in front of him and was forced out of the track

I like Petrucci, congratulations for his victory. 7th rider to win a race out of 9 races, unbelieveble. And Alex was 15th rider to take a podium this season from a 22 riders grid, this is even more unbelieveble :shock: :shock: :shock: Can you imagine that in F1? :lol:

And another podium for Pol Espargaró and KTM, great!

This season is awesome!!!

edit: I´m wondering about Dovi. Do we know what will he do next season? I´m wondering about Suzuki, they´re proving to be a top team again, I like Rins and Mir, but they obviously are not big names in MotoGP... what if they´re signing in Dovi for next season?

rscsr

Andres125sx wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 07:58
That was a fun race! :D

Alex Marquez impressed me, if he´d have passed first ducati a bit sooner he´d have won the race wich is ridiculous when you know what was his perfomance the rest of the season. Should be HRC reconsidering his move to the satellite team?

Or Rins who was also the fastest until he crashed, wich he´s doing too frequently lately

Mir was really unfortunate with Rossi crash, otherwise he could have take the lead of the championship. That would have been epic for him but unfortunately he didn´t have the chance once Rossi crashed in front of him and was forced out of the track

I like Petrucci, congratulations for his victory. 7th rider to win a race out of 9 races, unbelieveble. And Alex was 15th rider to take a podium this season from a 22 riders grid, this is even more unbelieveble :shock: :shock: :shock: Can you imagine that in F1? :lol:

And another podium for Pol Espargaró and KTM, great!

This season is awesome!!!

edit: I´m wondering about Dovi. Do we know what will he do next season? I´m wondering about Suzuki, they´re proving to be a top team again, I like Rins and Mir, but they obviously are not big names in MotoGP... what if they´re signing in Dovi for next season?
I think he was talking about a test rider role somewhere. I also think that Suzuki is most likely now. I don't think that Aprilia wants to spend quite a lot on Dovi, when it is quite clear that the bike is quite good, but the engine isn't really.

n_we1ss

Since Dovi loves motocross, maybe he should consider competing in MXGP or supercross.

etusch

Andres125sx wrote:

What makes dovi big name but not mir and rins? He is just one of other riders. Especially in this season he is just one of them.
Rins is good but makes mistakes much of opportunities he get. How many times he fell just before taking lead.
Mir looks stronger this season compared to Rins. He has more opportunity to become wdc which is big name dovi could not do by now and dovi isn't stronger candidate than others.
Ducati's are good at straights but not at turns, this makes them good in rainy conditions which cause other teams also bad at turns. (it is annoying to see a bike reovertake a rider easily at straights who overtook him with talent, turning ability, strategy, risk etc) Even in these conditions they almost lost race. Dovi can not kept even podium. Wrong tyre, if petrucci choose dovi's tyre I accept it otherwise it is not good excuse.

Andres125sx

etusch wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 12:54
Andres125sx wrote:

What makes dovi big name but not mir and rins?
2nd in the championship last 3 seasons

rscsr

Andres125sx wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 20:38
Bold claim mate!

A 2nd in his rookie season is remarkable. And he did it in the wet (his very first wet race with a MotoGP bike?) what IMO is even more remarkable

He already outperformed Smith rookie season with a 2nd while Smith never made it into the top 5, and that bike was not bad at all, Crutchlow did 4 podiums with same bike

I didn´t have high hopes for him, but you´re forcing me to analyse and now he´s growing on me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
In the end of the day, no one expects anything from rookies, but to improve from race to race. And to be honest he does show some improvement. When you compare someone, who is more likely to find in the second half of the grid, I think you should look at the position from the rear, and who he finished in front of. To account for crashes or technical issues of the riders in the front. Finishing 10th when 13 riders finish is not good, but 10th when everyone finishes is good, especially for a rookie.
So to compare the 3 rookies, the results so far:
Marquez
+3, +4, +3, +3, +5, +2, +6, +4, +14
Lecuona:
C, C, C, +8, +11, +5, C, +3, +0
Binder:
+2, C, +17, +13, +13, +7, C, +6, +4

so to me this looks quite clearly like Marquez is the worst of the rookies, maybe on the level of Lecuona, but clearly worse than Binder. And there you can't even claim that Binder is on a works machine since Marquez is also.

Andres125sx

rscsr wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 21:06
Andres125sx wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 20:38
Bold claim mate!

A 2nd in his rookie season is remarkable. And he did it in the wet (his very first wet race with a MotoGP bike?) what IMO is even more remarkable

He already outperformed Smith rookie season with a 2nd while Smith never made it into the top 5, and that bike was not bad at all, Crutchlow did 4 podiums with same bike

I didn´t have high hopes for him, but you´re forcing me to analyse and now he´s growing on me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
In the end of the day, no one expects anything from rookies, but to improve from race to race. And to be honest he does show some improvement. When you compare someone, who is more likely to find in the second half of the grid, I think you should look at the position from the rear, and who he finished in front of. To account for crashes or technical issues of the riders in the front. Finishing 10th when 13 riders finish is not good, but 10th when everyone finishes is good, especially for a rookie.
So to compare the 3 rookies, the results so far:
Marquez
+3, +4, +3, +3, +5, +2, +6, +4, +14
Lecuona:
C, C, C, +8, +11, +5, C, +3, +0
Binder:
+2, C, +17, +13, +13, +7, C, +6, +4

so to me this looks quite clearly like Marquez is the worst of the rookies, maybe on the level of Lecuona, but clearly worse than Binder. And there you can't even claim that Binder is on a works machine since Marquez is also.
True, but only partially. Riders are not robots, some need some time to adapt, some don´t. You can´t evaluate all rookies at X race and stablish who will be better in the category, things don´t work that way.

Then the bike plays a role obviously, and Honda-Repsol has proved to be an extremelly difficult bike to ride. None other rider made it work apart from Marc. Not even Jorge Lorenzo. Do we kill Alex Marquez when he clearly outperformed a multiple world champion like Lorenzo with same bike? Some years back Pedrosa was heavily criticized because of not performing with that bike.... he was the last rider to win a race with Honda-Repsol apart from Marquez, and the only one to take a podium till Alex Marquez. There have been several riders trying, all with tons more experience in the category, and even world champion, none of them was even close to the 2nd position Alex achieved

You can´t ignore this fact

AMG.Tzan

Rossi to miss Aragon GP after positive COVID-19 test

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... n=widget-1

Something tells me that either Yamaha will not run a second bike or Lorenzo won't take the chance to ride because he will fear finishing last!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

AMG.Tzan wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 20:11

Something tells me that either Yamaha will not run a second bike or Lorenzo won't take the chance to ride because he will fear finishing last!
Will we see Hulkenberg as replacement of Rossi ? :P

AMG.Tzan

etusch wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 20:15
AMG.Tzan wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 20:11

Will we see Hulkenberg as replacement of Rossi ? :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one

AMG.Tzan

Yamaha unlikely to replace Rossi for Teruel GP

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... n=widget-2

Wow...didn't expect that!! :o

Classic Japanese idiots again... :P

NathanOlder

Alex Marquez looking very strong today :shock:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Great result Alex, well deserved win :wink:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

rscsr

What a wonder a new Öhlins damper makes.
Great ride though from Alex Marquez, Rins and Mir. And even Vinales made strides at the end of the race.

8 different winners in 10 races. And now 4 different bikes won.