IndyCar Series

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Morteza

Re: IndyCar Series

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

gshevlin

Well that didn't last long...
Not sure what happened here, although it seems that statements made by Askew's management did not help.
Some people are highly vulnerable to concussions. Jahvid Best was a potentially great NFL running back but had to retire because every time his head hit a solid object, he would be significanty concussed, and he became more and more susceptible, which is normal. Oliver Askew may have the same issue. Or his concussion may have been a bad one. Bad concussions leave you sensitive to light and unable to sleep.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

jjn9128

Is that all but confirming Perez -hasn't Ganassi been a fan for a while?!
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Scorpaguy

jjn9128 wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 16:10
...certainly an interesting point to aver. However, I hope not. I would think that a driver of his caliber would still prefer to be an "also ran" in a Haas rather than a contender in Indy...also not sure of his oval skills.

...but if true, is Indy soon to be the F1 retirement home?

Jolle

Scorpaguy wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 20:41
jjn9128 wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 16:10
...certainly an interesting point to aver. However, I hope not. I would think that a driver of his caliber would still prefer to be an "also ran" in a Haas rather than a contender in Indy...also not sure of his oval skills.

...but if true, is Indy soon to be the F1 retirement home?
Isn’t it always been a bit?

strad

many times Jolle, many times. However it's somewhat surprising how often it has proved not fruitful. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Morteza

Sevach

Hey Montoya back with Mclaren, kinda lol.

strad

Say it isn't so. Can't he just slip away and go fishing or rock climbing?
I don't think I have ever been so disappointed in a driver as I have been in Montoya.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Morteza

Jolle

Sevach wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 23:07
Hey Montoya back with Mclaren, kinda lol.
Kimi @ Sauber, Alonso @ Renault and a Verstappen in a Stewart. Not much has changed in the last 20 years.

Wouter

Grosjean to Indycar? 15:00 p.m. CET

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

"Grosjean signs with Coyne for IndyCar road and street races."

“I’m very excited for this opportunity to race in the United States in the NTT IndyCar Series,” he said. “I had different options in front of me for this coming season and choosing to go IndyCar racing was definitively my favorite one… although, I’m not ready yet to take on the ovals!

“IndyCar has a much more level playing field than what I have been used to in my career so far. It will be exciting to challenge for podiums and wins again.”
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... ssion=true

Why Grosjean chose IndyCar – but won’t race Indy or Texas

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... r/5323751/
The Power of Dreams!

strad

Some people are highly vulnerable to concussions. Jahvid Best was a potentially great NFL running back but had to retire because every time his head hit a solid object, he would be significanty concussed, and he became more and more susceptible, which is normal.
Should read Dale Jr.s book. :wink:
After enough concussions all it takes could be a slight hit to leave you close to being a vegetable...Scary thing to have that hanging over your head every time you climb into the car.
Sir Stirling Moss