[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

I was also interesting that RP said Hulk 'made some observations on the car when he drove at silverstone', and they have implemented them.
Additional to this both Andrew Green and Hulk himself said it was 'a very different car now'.

They obviously appreciated his feed back, so that alone has to be a bonus point for Hulk.
Lance is not that experienced with cars, but I would expect one of the full time drivers to have remarked on something that important. +1 for Hulk
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

diffuser

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 10:31
Just wondering, if Renault have given Alonso time in the current car, and he's had seat fitting and everything.... ****can he be the reserve COVID driver????***** Id love to see him and Ricc together this season maybe going for that 3rd place in the champs'.......

It's unfair to think that Alonso could just jump into this year's car and match Dan Ric when Ric has been racing week in week out and Alonso has had 1 test drive of 100KM (which amount to less than 20 laps).

diffuser

djos wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 10:59
Honestly I think hulk would be a better no.2 than either Gasly or Albon. I think hulk is a lot like Mark Webber, he’s an excellent driver who has suffered from being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He’s not WDC material, but he’s a highly competent driver who will be there when the number one driver has a bad day.
Good Freind of Alonzo's too.

I'm of the mind that there isn't a clear edge either way between Gasley and Ocon. Yes Gasley looks better but he isn't competing with Dan Ric either. You need to remember that when Gasley was competing with Max (who you could agrue is at par Dan Ric) he looked like Ocon. Gasley maybe better than Ocon but I don't see any real evidence of that.

Please do no belabour the difference between Max and Ric. Just using that as reference that they are close.

djos

I agree with you, Daniel is the only driver to go head to head with Max at Red Bull and match or beat him.

That definitely shows his class.
"In downforce we trust"

selvam_e2002

what happen to Renault. why all of sudden they are very slow?

tangodjango

Probably couldn't get the tyres to work properly
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

CjC
CjC

selvam_e2002 wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 17:21
what happen to Renault. why all of sudden they are very slow?
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15304 ... -struggles
Just a fan's point of view

selvam_e2002

Thanks however, it is similar to everyone. The track is slippery for everyone and it should not be an excuse. Seems Ferrari got Renault position. Not sure how only Lecrec car is fast compared to Vettel and their customer/sister team. Are they doing extra burning again with two sensors? Seems strange. The only teams i.e Mclaren, Renault, RP are in same league.

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 17:37
Thanks however, it is similar to everyone. The track is slippery for everyone and it should not be an excuse. Seems Ferrari got Renault position. Not sure how only Lecrec car is fast compared to Vettel and their customer/sister team. Are they doing extra burning again with two sensors? Seems strange. The only teams i.e Mclaren, Renault, RP are in same league.

Right, that doesn't mean that all the cars will struggle to the same degree with the tires.

tangodjango

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Ng1Pj.html

"I had graining on the soft tyres, so we did not have enough aero balance on the car, and killed the front quite quickly. On the medium it was a struggle to get the tyre working and to get it into the temperature."

What Ricciardo said after the race. Basically couldn't get the tires to work, which is the same thing some anonymous plonker downvoted in my earlier post.
Last edited by tangodjango on 29 Oct 2020, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

CjC
CjC

tangodjango wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 21:15
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Ng1Pj.html

"I had graining on the soft tyres, so we did not have enough aero balance on the car, and killed the front quite quickly. On the medium it was a struggle to get the tyre working and to get it into the temperature."

What Ricciardo said after the race. Basically couldn't get the tires to work, which is the same thing some wanker downvoted in my earlier post.
Evened it out mate. I hate the down voters too who don’t like the normal people in the world to be right before it gets confirmed by the drivers/ teams.
Just a fan's point of view

tangodjango

Anyway going back to topic. I wonder if they will be able to make improvements to total downforce on the car for next year. From comments from the Renault team I think we can estimate that efficient downforce is clearly a strength while total downforce is a weakness compared to the others. If they could add more total downforce while retaining the efficiency across next year's floor and diffuser changes then it's possible they could be even closer to the front.

101FlyingDutchman

I thought it was mentioned by one of the team that their high DF package comes with an excessive drag penalty compared to other teams.

selvam_e2002

why there is no update from Renault compared to other teams?

are they going to bring any update in next couple of races?

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 17:03
why there is no update from Renault compared to other teams?

are they going to bring any update in next couple of races?
You sure there are no updates ? We don't see alot of pcis of the Renault. I haven't been looking at it closely enough to notice minute changes.