[ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

AT is able to have parts of the RB16 the same year?? I mean the ones that are legal to buy to another team

Wouter

Marti_EF3 wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 13:43
AT is able to have parts of the RB16 the same year?? I mean the ones that are legal to buy to another team
Yes Marti.
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

According to Tanabe, Pierre's car behavior changed and the actual time of the deployment shortage was in the realm of milliseconds. To the driver it might have felt like 1-2 seconds to even 10 seconds of deployment shortage but in fact there was a change to the way the throttle was being depressed which threw off the energy management balance which is set up to not leave any unspent energy at the end of the lap. His comment didn't elaborate if it was an actual setting change to the throttle pedal or if it was a change in the way Pierre was driving compared to his FP3 laps.

selvam_e2002

ispano6 wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 17:54
selvam_e2002 wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 09:27
then why RB failed? It is pure luck it is one off.
The pitstop before the safety car was luck. The performance after the red flag was just that, pure performance. Stroll and Bottas did not win, neither did Sainz or Norris. A Honda powered car led 25/53 laps to the end, with no tow, no overheating. There is a saying that success is 99% preparation. SAT quietly went on with their business and prepared well, including long run pace with Daniil, so credit goes where credit is due. But it wasn't going unnoticed since even McLaren and RedBull drivers saw SATs pace. That last 1% is execution. It's not a surprise since it is their home turf. Similar to RedBull at Silverstone2, Honda felt their teams would be able to fight for the podium. I almost said before the race that the only way Honda could do better for AT after acknowledging the 50races and thanks for STR and Tost for partnering with Honda was to better the P2 and P3 podiums with a win but I didn't want to jinx them, so I didn't. Honda PU just won at the Temple of Speed, in a very Honda way. Not in straightline drag race speed but making up for it in the corners.
where is the "pure performance"? It is pure luck for Gasly to be in Podium at Monza. Honda is suffering more in high speed circuits.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

“I had to fight for everything in my career” – Gasly on becoming an F1 race-winner

https://www.racefans.net/2020/09/17/i-h ... ce-winner/
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Looks like they will invest more to AT than they did before. Great news. If I am not wrong Horner or Marco also said that.

godlameroso

If 2022 is supposed to level the playing field, then it makes sense to make the cars more similar as that will only improve their chances of winning.

What I dislike about the new regulations is that it purports to turn F1 into European Indy car. The budget caps are steps in the right direction, but the regulations are turning more into specifications.

F1 did a good job with introducing the complex bargeboards we have. They've very functional, look cool, and are not terribly expensive to develop when you consider they're basically bolt-ons. There are parts that are much more expensive to develop, which are not even visible on the car which don't even give the same performance benefit.

Next year the bargeboards will be even more important because of what's going missing on the floor.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

etusch

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

siskue2005

Wouter wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 17:40

But Yuki Tsunoda needs to finish 4th or higher in F2 this year to get the required super license points to get a seat next year in F1.
Currently, he is 22 points behind the second place, but from 3rd down to 6th they are covered by just 7 points.

I think It is premature to even consider him at this stage, maybe for 2022

Marti_EF3

With 5th and some FP run he will be able to get it too.

Wouter

siskue2005 wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 19:59
Wouter wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 17:40
But Yuki Tsunoda needs to finish 4th or higher in F2 this year to get the required super license points to get a seat next year in F1.
Currently, he is 22 points behind the second place, but from 3rd down to 6th they are covered by just 7 points.

I think It is premature to even consider him at this stage, maybe for 2022
Getting enough points for the Super License changed last week.

“In the wake of the current global situation, the window in which drivers will be allowed to score superlicence points has been extended from three to four years. The highest number of points accumulated in any three years of a four-year period that includes 2020 will be taken into account."

“Drivers who did not gather the required 40 Super Licence points due to circumstances out of their control or reasons of force majeure will have the opportunity for their case to be considered by the FIA.

“Drivers must have scored a minimum of 30 points and consistently demonstrated outstanding driving ability in single-seater cars to be able to apply under this new regulation.”

In 2017 Yuki finished 3rd in the Japanese Formula 4 Championship.
In 2018 he finished 1st in the Japanese Formula 4 Championship.
In 2019 he finished 9th in the FIA Formula 3 Championship. He also competed in the Euroformula Open that year. He won a race at the Hockenheimring and took five more podium places, but also had to miss two race weekends due to his commitments in FIA Formula 3. He then finished 4th.

The number of points he still needs has therefore changed. I don't know exactly how much he needs, but he doesn't have to finish fourth.
The Power of Dreams!