Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DChemTech

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Zynerji wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 15:11
Anyone think RBR could lure Rosberg out of retirement for 1 year? 🤔🤔
I doubt it. He seems to have enough fun playing commentator on youtube and messing around with GoPros. Besides, coming out of retirement comes at a risk of tainting his legacy (if unsuccessful) while there is also a risk of tension with Max in case Rosberg does well in the RB - I don't reckon he'd come out of retirement to be designated second driver. Similar reason I wouldn't see Alonso at RB, were he available.

Big Tea

DChemTech wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 15:40
Zynerji wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 15:11
Anyone think RBR could lure Rosberg out of retirement for 1 year? 🤔🤔
I doubt it. He seems to have enough fun playing commentator on youtube and messing around with GoPros. Besides, coming out of retirement comes at a risk of tainting his legacy (if unsuccessful) while there is also a risk of tension with Max in case Rosberg does well in the RB - I don't reckon he'd come out of retirement to be designated second driver. Similar reason I wouldn't see Alonso at RB, were he available.
When asked if he could stand in for a covid hit driver he said he was not fit enough.
I know it would be a different case having months to prepare, but if he was thinking of driving he probably would have kept his fitness up
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

tangodjango

Racer X wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 12:30
tangodjango wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 12:27

Unfortunately your argument (which is rather nonsensical) falls flat because it's always been Max running away from facing the challenge of Lewis at Mercedes.
That's never been a possibility don't be nonsensical. RedBull would not allow that's to happen and Mercedes has never searched out Max.

Also Max hasn't been available....

Max isn't scared of Hamilton.

Max really would beat Perez and anyone really.

--- I'ma Max fan.... Hahaha...---.

What's nonsensical to me is arguing that Hulkenberg is the right man for the job because he's slower and docile.

When clearly RedBull has that in Albon or they would not be looking for a replacement.

Even tho I still don't think they will get some one from outside their academy.....

If they do they will not get the slower one for being slow...

Lol 🤣

Max can beat Perez

But they will probably still end up with Albon or Yuki.

I'm not arguing that RedBull Will take Perez....

I'm arguing that if they do take some one outside of their academy it wont be the Hulkenberg.

He has had ample chance to be in the Mercedes. He goes on about how the Merc is dominant, how many drivers would have won Championships in the Mercedes, how he feels he himself is the best and fastest driver but ultimately didn't sign for them then.
Winter 2016: He (Horner) confirmed Mercedes had inquired about hiring either Ricciardo or Verstappen as a replacement for Nico Rosberg after the German's retirement in December, but said that he had turned them down in a "fairly short" conversation. source - https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/form ... -prospects

April 2017: Wolff got asked (2m11s) if Verstappen would become a Mercedes driver in the future and he answered, "Yes!" source -
Late summer 2017: 'Mercedes tried to sign Red Bull's Max Verstappen' - Lauda
source - https://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne/m ... a-20180706
Fall 2017: Just before Verstappen signed an extension with Red Bull Lauda got asked (2m35s) if he could imagine Hamilton - Verstappen next to each other for 2019 and 2020, "the perfect line up," he answered, "Yes!" source -
June 2018: Wolff in an interview with a Dutch newspaper about Verstappen joining Mercedes, he describes Verstappen as "one the most talented and fearless drivers" of this moment. Wolff: "but Max decided to commit himself to Red Bull until '20 and we respect contracts. So from '21 we should talk again." source -https://www.volkskrant.nl/sport/boven-o ... ~b33cb2ab/)
August 2019: Lewis Hamilton would not have a problem with Max Verstappen becoming his Mercedes teammate next year, saying he would enjoy the opportunity to prove he is the better driver. Lewis - In some ways it works well for me. I see stories saying that we have different cars, so that's the only way (I am beating him), so it gives me an opportunity to show that's not the case.
Source - https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2730 ... verstappen)
Jan 2019: MAX VERSTAPPEN says he would only join Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes or Sebastian Vettel's Ferrari if he had no other options. Verstappen - When I think of my own career, it is not convenient to sit next to Hamilton or Vettel right now. Although I would absolutely do it if I had no other choice.
source - https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... a-One-news

To be honest I hate the kind of driver glorification many people do, recently many Max fans but all drivers have fans who do this whether it be Schumacher or Alonso or Hamilton or whoever. I don't get it. Especially on this forum. It's F1TECHNICAL not reddit or mydriveristhegoat.com. Do you honestly feel that adds anything sensible to the discussion apart from yes Max is the best and would beat anyone. (No offense intended just asking for some self reflection)
Last edited by tangodjango on 16 Oct 2020, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Racer X

That was potentially in the future on a gameshow type series of questions. Obviously they would consider Max he's the best of the younger drivers have they negotiated with Max no.

Niki said he wanted to take Sergio Perez to if Hamilton had said no :D :D :D :D and Brawn said that about Hulkenberg.
Last edited by Racer X on 16 Oct 2020, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

tangodjango

Racer X wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 16:46
That was potentially in the future on a gameshow type series of questions. Obviously they would consider Max hes the best of the younger drivers have they negotiated with Max no.
Of course as soon as you are debunked let's resort to what-aboutery or deflection.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Racer X

tangodjango wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 16:48
Racer X wrote:
That was potentially in the future on a gameshow type series of questions. Obviously they would consider Max hes the best of the younger drivers have they negotiated with Max no.
Of course as soon as you are debunked let's resort to what-aboutery or deflection.
Debunked by a game show type where they were talking about the future?

Okey lets pretend that was "true" if it would make you happy then Maybe the driver they are secretly negotiating with NOW is Hamilton and we will have Max with him i still think Max wins.

Racer X

tangodjango wrote:
Racer X wrote:
Isnt it sad youre basing all of your hopes and dream on a series of gameshow type questions to support your argument.

NL_Fer

How about Gasly for Mercedes? This year he is stunning in the easy to drive Alpha Tauri. He could be as great in the Mercedes i suspect. Also great guy for the brand marketing, now Hamilton is becoming more and more political.

tangodjango

NL_Fer wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 17:54
How about Gasly for Mercedes? This year he is stunning in the easy to drive Alpha Tauri. He could be as great in the Mercedes i suspect. Also great guy for the brand marketing, now Hamilton is becoming more and more political.
What does Gasly offer over Bottas? How is a Frenchman in a German brand great for marketing for Mercedes?

Wynters

Racer X wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 16:50
tangodjango wrote:
Racer X wrote:
Debunked by a game show type where they were talking about the future?

Okey lets pretend that was "true" if it would make you happy then Maybe the driver they are secretly negotiating with NOW is Hamilton and we will have Max with him i still think Max wins.
Inoue would beat both of them.

How else do you explain the fact he's not racing in F1 anymore? Between Mercedes and Red Bull, they control the majority of the grid and they've obviously forced him out to prevent him making their fragile-egoed GOATs look bad.

Sure, Hamilton and Verstappen look faster, but that's because they are in faster cars so that invalidates any and all performances those two might have put in at any point in their career.

The only way to disprove Inoue's ultimate GOATness, is to put Inoue in the same equipment and we know that both Hamilton and Verstappen are scared because neither Mercedes nor Red Bull even considered putting Inoue in either Rosberg's or Ricciardo's seat. It's well known that multi-billion dollar companies are renowned for kow-towing key policy decisions worth hundreds of millions of dollars to individual, junior-ranked employees who are barely old enough to stop wearing diapers.

Oh, and Inoue is clearly the best because I support him and have so overly (and weirdly) emotionally imprinted on him that I treat other people's opinion of him as a personal validation / hurtful attack on me (which is bizarre, because Inoue has no idea who I am and wouldn't care even if he did).

I think that's all the normal arguments raised for why 'My DrIveR is TeH BesTeST evAH', right? Conspiracy / Faster car / Cowardly driver dictating policy for a global company / Feels=Reals? Or have I missed one?
NL_Fer wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 17:54
His press is good. And he's regularly finishing 1-2 positions in front of Kvyat...

PlatinumZealot

Ah... Taki Inoue.. One of the all time greats. Those cars just didnt have enough downforce for him. Just too much G-force that never emerged from the parallel universe. Too much for those poor tyres to handle. That ungodly G-force was about to burst the space time barrier though so God himself came down to declare Taki's car undriveable and that he must retire immediately and never turn an F1 wheel in anger again. True story.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

I believe Merc will replace Hamilton with Raghunathan
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

George Russell to Red Bull and Perez to Williams?
Saishū kōnā

Big Tea

godlameroso wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 21:00
If Red Bull is looking outside the family, their chances will not be much better than this.
They may even score some brownie points with Merc too
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

godlameroso

Big Tea wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 22:20
godlameroso wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 21:00
If Red Bull is looking outside the family, their chances will not be much better than this.
They may even score some brownie points with Merc too
If the Red Bull is competitive then Russell and Verstappen will both be fighting for the championship.
Saishū kōnā