Is Portimao the track with the least number of corners on the F1 calendar?

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: Is Portimao the track with the least number of corners on the F1 calendar?

godlameroso wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 22:11
With the car's downforce there are only 7 corners that drivers need to slow down and drive through. Even Austria had more actual corners and that's a really short track.
So watching Max's fastest lap in FP1, he braked for 9 corners, and had a lift in turn 4. Im guessing the lift will be gone when the track gets a little faster or use a softer compound, but the 9 braking zones will remain.

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

godlameroso

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 14:40
godlameroso wrote:
With the car's downforce there are only 7 corners that drivers need to slow down and drive through. Even Austria had more actual corners and that's a really short track.
So watching Max's fastest lap in FP1, he braked for 9 corners, and had a lift in turn 4. Im guessing the lift will be gone when the track gets a little faster or use a softer compound, but the 9 braking zones will remain.

https://youtu.be/EzCpONC8qJw
I meant to post how wrong I was, I was basing my estimations off a track that wasn't very accurate. I am wrong, the real thing is much more challenging.
Saishū kōnā

NathanOlder

godlameroso wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 15:24
NathanOlder wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 14:40
godlameroso wrote:

https://youtu.be/EzCpONC8qJw
I meant to post how wrong I was, I was basing my estimations off a track that wasn't very accurate. I am wrong, the real thing is much more challenging.

At least it will be a good race to watch, as like you say, it looks pretty challenging.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Mogster

Yes the cars do look great here.