B.A.R introduce BAR007

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

B.A.R introduce BAR007

here are the first pics!!

Related articles:
Technical review
B.A.R about their 007

Monstrobolaxa

What else can we expect this season from a nose point of view.....we started with a relativly normal car....and the following 2 have suprised us with very interesting nose/wing combinations......lets see the other cars :wink:

Irvingthien

this cars a beaut !! Sleeker sidepods, more commitment from Honda, let's hope they can spice up the title race.

Great Design.. & most of all, a great looking front wing. Everyone are getting radical this year with their car, except for Toyota maybe :D

pompelmo

great design--Interesting nose

Scuderia-Russ
Scuderia-Russ

Anonymous wrote:Great Design.. & most of all, a great looking front wing. Everyone are getting radical this year with their car, except for Toyota maybe :D
Surprising when you see what radical cars did for McLaren and Williams last year,but maybe evolution worked better with the rules stability.Can't remember the last time i was looking forward to a season of F1 so much!

ginger
ginger

looks like evoloution to me,

the front wing isnt that different from last year, but the whole package still looks damn fast!! :D

Ciwai

Just some random thoughts.

Its interesting how far the center portion of the front wing protrudes forward, matching the tip of the nose and has a long chord extending far under the nose, and how it seems to curve in sympathy with the contours of the nose. Other board discussion has mentioned a Pacific F1 from the nineties that bears a conceptual comparison. Googling didn't reveal any pics, so if anyone has images feel free to post them.

The rest of the front wing in contrast lacks relative subtlety appearing in plan form primarily to maximise surface area.

The outer edge blades that prominently extend forward from the shadow plate is the second most interesting feature. Has something like that been developed before? It appears to be a different approach from prior Willis BARs that had conditioner wings in front of the sidepods.

Much of the rest of it appears evolutionary. There appears to be a noticable inward curvature of the fences between the rear wheels appearing to create a subtle venturi concavity (in plan) ahead of the rear wing. Undercut contouring of the sidepods is pretty shallow relative to the competition and was sort of an expected development from last season that never materialized so is a bit of a ho hummer.

It is nice how the extended rear wing endplates allow greater area to list the employee credits.

dumrick

Ciwai wrote:Other board discussion has mentioned a Pacific F1 from the nineties that bears a conceptual comparison. Googling didn't reveal any pics, so if anyone has images feel free to post them.
This is it:
Ciwai wrote:The outer edge blades that prominently extend forward from the shadow plate is the second most interesting feature. Has something like that been developed before? It appears to be a different approach from prior Willis BARs that had conditioner wings in front of the sidepods.

I think it is a new solution based on the blades introduced in the Williams some years ago and somehow followed by Renault last year. As in Williams, these blades are combined with the absence of bargeboards, at least at this stage. 'Til now, this devices had angles from about 45 to 90º from the motion direction. This is a whole new placing and orientation.

West

From the front the car looks like a duckbill platypus, and i don't like the extension of the RWE.

Then again looks don't matter in performance (last year's Williams is an exception).
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

ReubenG

The side pods do look smaller, but I'm not seeing any chimneys or "shark's gills" on the sidepods to help exhausting hot air... any ideas how they're going to keep temperatures down - especially for an engine intended to last two race weekends.

Steven
Owner

well they have some sort of hidden chimneys just like last year. I think the Ferrari of 1999 had some of those too.
You can see it in the second picture posted here, there is an opening just under the winglets and before the flip up. It's not very big, but it will have to do though :)

dumrick

On top of those openings, there seems to be a wing profile to help create depression on the exit area, to accelerate the air outlet.

walter

It is very hard to see in the picture up top(that damn black paint), but do the exhaust cutouts also have room for engine bay air to escape? (like ferrari and mclaren last year)

Looking at the current cutouts for engine bay's hot air escape, I dont think I see enough openings, especially considering the large radiator inlets.

Those little chimneys may only extract as much as 20% of the air volume thats coming into the engine bay, and since honda engines are suppesedly one of the most powerful on the starting grid, I would assume that they produce much heat.

any insights on that?

tabulous2003
tabulous2003

BAR Center wing !!!!!!!!

Why do people think the wing in the center near the engine air in take is there to produce downforce ?????

it's there to aid air flow to the rear wing thus making the rear wing more effcient

:D