2020 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, October 23 - 25

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zibby43
zibby43

Re: 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, October 23 - 25

34s gap to Verstappen.

Wow.

cplchanb
cplchanb

214270 wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 16:58
Racer X wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 16:56
MtthsMlw wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 16:52
Gasly Albon swap when?
Plus this is silly season talk and they have said Gasly isn't considered for RedBull anyways.
We’ll see. They can’t deny GAS has been stellar. If they indeed hold him at AlphaT that would be very stupid.
i think its more than that. Gasly feels at home at TR/AT. by his record he did well before and after his RB stint so I think his work environment is key to his success right now. the 2nd seat at RB is just a toxic mess right now. None of the drivers since 2015 has fared well in it. Kyvat was demoted, gasly demoted, albon looks like hes getting demoted either this year or the next. only max did well because he was a unique case and to be honest, i think the team is coddling him over the 2nd driver anyways. Not to mention HM being who he is and committing constant infanticide.

Wouter

zibby43 wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 17:37
34s gap to Verstappen.

Wow.

Verstappen only 9sec gap to Bottas in a Mercedes.

Wow. :wink:
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

cplchanb wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 17:39
only max did well because he was a unique case and to be honest, i think the team is coddling him over the 2nd driver anyways.
I don't think I would use the word coddling, more like heavily favored like Vettel was before him.
197 104 103 7

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

MtthsMlw wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 17:30
Wow that is actually incredible

e30ernest
e30ernest

Wow, Lewis took that record in style! He just kept going flat-out to the end. I was thinking he'd start cruising at some point to the end, but no he kept getting fastest laps.

I feel bad for Bottas. You can see at the podium ceremony that he was mentally spent from this race. It'll take a lot of willpower to bounce back from that. I really think he's given up on the title as of this race.

Another good showing for Verstappen. Albon is done now. It's a shame... I was hoping Albon would gain his confidence back after scoring a podium. I have no doubt that he is fast. But Verstappen is just so much faster, and the pressure is getting to Albon.

Leclerc was impressive again. I don't know if the Ferrari was a top-5 car, or if it was just flattered by Leclerc's performance.

Gasly... Wow! Impressive run there. Some really good overtakes on his part. He seems to have found his groove. I wonder if Red Bull will give him another chance? I think he deserves it.

mzso
mzso

Does anyone have a video of Leclerc's Q3 Lap?

El Scorchio

It really sounds like Hulkenburg or Perez for the RB next year. I’m not even sure Gasly would want to go back there.

What they really need is to find another driver who likes to drive a car with those characteristics which have been developed and set up for Max to get the best out of it. Clearly it doesn’t suit the last two drivers they have tried. Only then are they going to see the second car getting the results they really want on a consistent basis.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

e30ernest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 18:09
Wow, Lewis took that record in style! He just kept going flat-out to the end. I was thinking he'd start cruising at some point to the end, but no he kept getting fastest laps.

I think he was worried about rain and so wanted a decent gap to allow for an additional pitstop. He could then have gone for softs if it got too damp for the hards but not enough for inters.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

HungarianRacer
HungarianRacer

mzso wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 18:13
Does anyone have a video of Leclerc's Q3 Lap?
Juzh's Youtube channel.

El Scorchio

Just_a_fan wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 18:27
e30ernest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 18:09

I think he was worried about rain and so wanted a decent gap to allow for an additional pitstop. He could then have gone for softs if it got too damp for the hards but not enough for inters.
Or in case they wanted to Chuck a quick penalty his way or give the safety car a run out 😉

DChemTech
DChemTech

Shrieker wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 17:21
Watched carlos' on board, it's quite clear Max goes wider and wider and wider until he hits perez. This was no different than Ham vs albon @ Austria. The double standards are staggering.
Mwah, race start, cold & somewhat dirty tires, light rain - there were definitely some different factors at play there. I think the judgement of a racing incident was fair. Max could have been a bit more careful, but considering the dynamics of the opening lap, Perez could have opted for some more room too. Anyway, really impressed by Perez's comeback. Makes one wonder what he could have done without an unfortunate first lap.

ringo

epo wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 17:12

Bottas is a joke, burning his tires now everytime in the first rounds.
Put Leclerc or Max next to Hamilton, only that way he can prove he is so great. Now it’s just cruising in history longest dominant car against shitty teammates.
The irony of your post is that leclerc and max have no reference to claim that they are even worthy of cleaning Hamilton's shoes. Yet you think Lewis needs to be proven. Hamilton doesnt have to prove anything at this level. It is Max and Leclerc who need to convince f1 fans that they even can drive within 5 tenths of Hamilton.
I dont think you are watcing F1 long enough to appreciate the drivers' acheivemts.
Max nor Leclerc knows what it is to fight for a champipnship muchless to have to worry about a team mate fighting them all season while fighting another team at the front every weekend for 20 weekends. Those two still a riding with training wheels at the moment, as talented as they are.
Bottas again i feel is grossly underestimated in terms of talent and speed. He is driving against an unbeatable driver who is enlightened. If Bottas leaves Mercedes now to redbull or ferrari he will wipe the floor with max or leclec in qualifying. maybe the race. There is a reason why mercedes keeps giving him contracts and its not because he sucks enough to let let lewis win. Mercedes would love to find a driver to beat lewis.
For Sure!!

TAG

I think Verstappen has tremendous talent, but it's funny to see people continue to make the claims that he'd be waxing Lewis should he be in the same car. Verstappen has shown again and again and again that he does not work well when teammates challenge him. Ricciardo will tell you a thing or two about it. Max is easy to force into mistakes when he feels pressure from within, for a long time he kept beating Ricciardo on Saturday only to lose out on Sunday.

We're watching history unfold . Anyway, really enjoyable race today beginning to end.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Wouter

El Scorchio wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 12:38
Wouter wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 12:36
El Scorchio wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 12:21

2mm you say? :o
Yes, 1.8mm after the race at 4pm lokal time. The race starts at 1.10pm lokal time.
Ah. So it shouldn’t really come into play then anyway unless there are some delays.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Power of Dreams!