Sky creating monopoly in the U.K?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
El Scorchio

Re: Sky creating monopoly in the U.K?

the EDGE wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 16:22
El Scorchio wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 15:05
the EDGE wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 14:49

Does f1tv offer on an on-demand service for the most recent race?
I think if you don't care at all about any other sports or TV packages then this is probably your best bet. (But you will have to run the slight risk of getting caught out and losing it. I imagine most VPNs would charge 5-10 quid a month as well, though) Or you could do a Now TV pass for each weekend, although that probably works out 2-3 times more expensive across the season as a whole, but of course you get all other sports too if you're interested in them.

Watching live sport is so complicated :)
To be honest its not about the cost. the problem is as much as I love F1, sometimes there is something better I'd rather be doing on a Sunday afternoon and with NOW TV you either watch there and then, or not at all

Is that the same as F1TV? or can you watch the latest races anytime with an on-demand catch-up service
Very true- it's the same with Sky Go. No recording or catch up! I wouldn't know if you can do that on F1TV or if it's the same deal.

nzjrs

the EDGE wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 14:49

Does f1tv offer on an on-demand service for the most recent race?
I think if you don't care at all about any other sports or TV packages then this is probably your best bet. (But you will have to run the slight risk of getting caught out and losing it. I imagine most VPNs would charge 5-10 quid a month as well, though) Or you could do a Now TV pass for each weekend, although that probably works out 2-3 times more expensive across the season as a whole, but of course you get all other sports too if you're interested in them.

To be honest its not about the cost. the problem is as much as I love F1, sometimes there is something better I'd rather be doing on a Sunday afternoon and with NOW TV you either watch there and then, or not at all

Is that the same as F1TV? or can you watch the latest races anytime with an on-demand catch-up service
You can watch replays with F1TV.

Tbh I can't believe sky go doest let you. What a scam that is.

the EDGE

nzjrs wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 17:02
the EDGE wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:

You can watch replays with F1TV.

Tbh I can't believe sky go doest let you. What a scam that is.
That's exactly what I mean about Sky creating a monopoly through the back door. You can watch sky sports channels via other means, but only live.

If you want to be able to watch at leisure when it suits you, you have no choice other than to have a full sky tv service instillation

dodds_turbo

NOW TV offering 9 months Sky Sports (including F1) for £20 instead of £33.99. Cheapest legal way to watch F1 in the UK. Offer expires 27th March 2022.

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase

Big Tea

dodds_turbo wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 11:49
NOW TV offering 9 months Sky Sports (including F1) for £20 instead of £33.99. Cheapest legal way to watch F1 in the UK. Offer expires 27th March 2022.

Is there a subscription for NOW?
I only watch F1 on sky
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dodds_turbo

Big Tea wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 15:07
dodds_turbo wrote:

I only watch F1 on sky
Now TV allow you to purchase different Sky 'passes' for Sports, Entertainment, etc. Either a week or month long. can be set up to allow recurring payments (i.e. continual subscription). If you have a smart TV or Amazon Stick you can usually load the NowTV app on to it and watch on the big screen. Phone/Tablet apps exist too.

Big Tea

dodds_turbo wrote:
24 Mar 2022, 17:20
Big Tea wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 15:07
dodds_turbo wrote:

I only watch F1 on sky
Now TV allow you to purchase different Sky 'passes' for Sports, Entertainment, etc. Either a week or month long. can be set up to allow recurring payments (i.e. continual subscription). If you have a smart TV or Amazon Stick you can usually load the NowTV app on to it and watch on the big screen. Phone/Tablet apps exist too.
Thanks, I'll look at that.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.