[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Lock2nl
Lock2nl

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

diffuser wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 18:26
Sieper wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 15:04
Not a problem. The medium was the fastest qualify tire as well.

Two reasons. I think 1 do something else as Merc and hope it works. No cigar. 2 have an advantage in the opening lap and see if you can keep them behind. No cigar.

Option 2 did have some success as Max got Bottas at the start but (as could be seen in the ziggo post race analysis) 2020 Max is very carefull in the opening lap and he gave Bottas plenty of space who aggresively put it next to him and even fully forced Max of track. A point not being mentioned anywhere. Forcing a driver off track. Opening lap of course but still. It caused the Perez jump attempt, which caused the mclaren attack, the charles and kimi attack etc. The point, Max is very carefull with others these days but that did negate the opening lap advantage.

WRONG
1:16:4 was the fastest lap in Quali by Bottas in Q2 ON SOFTS.

I think you just say whatever, with out looking at any data.
Bottas did that lap on mediums in the first stint of q2. Check the replay.
They went out again on soft at the end of q2 but they never put a lap together.

Lock2nl
Lock2nl

godlameroso wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 20:46
Ferrari will NEVER agree to an engine freeze as long as their engine is uncompetitive. Therefore such an agreement cannot be reached this year, only next year when they can introduce their new power unit will they be able to have that conversation.
They way I read it, the freeze is supposed to start in 2022. Not in 2021. And Ferrari will have its engine, I'm sure. Chassis wise LeClerc isn't complaining much either. He will be in the mix for 2021.

The thing about the freeze is all about Red Bull saying they want to use the latest version of the Honda engine, but without being able to develop it. But I do not believe Red Bull is dead serious about this. They cannot even pull off a fix if something goes bad in that block. And do not forget, RBR is nothing else but a marketing gadget. Expensive, but that's what is. There is no room for a high tec engine factory within company called Red Bull. Too high a risk to even think of financing that.
So why the fuzz about this freeze ? Two possible reasons I guess. First. To put as much pressure on FIA an FOM to get the best possible customer deal. Second. If that deal is not good enough to get a chance of winning the championship: a reason for a bye bye as 'an owner'.

diffuser

Lock2nl wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 01:28
diffuser wrote:
Sieper wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 15:04
Not a problem. The medium was the fastest qualify tire as well.

Two reasons. I think 1 do something else as Merc and hope it works. No cigar. 2 have an advantage in the opening lap and see if you can keep them behind. No cigar.

Option 2 did have some success as Max got Bottas at the start but (as could be seen in the ziggo post race analysis) 2020 Max is very carefull in the opening lap and he gave Bottas plenty of space who aggresively put it next to him and even fully forced Max of track. A point not being mentioned anywhere. Forcing a driver off track. Opening lap of course but still. It caused the Perez jump attempt, which caused the mclaren attack, the charles and kimi attack etc. The point, Max is very carefull with others these days but that did negate the opening lap advantage.

WRONG

I did, well live timing.

Lock2nl
Lock2nl

diffuser wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 02:11
Lock2nl wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 01:28
diffuser wrote:

WRONG

I did, well live timing.
Well, I saw him do it on yellows. So did Motorsport.com at https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/port ... p/4897691/

godlameroso

Speaking of yellows. They should seriously consider a two stop. 18 laps a piece on red tires, then a blast to the finish on yellows. The cold weather will make it difficult to get the hard front tires to work so they'll simply be too slow. Unlike Portimao there aren't any long high speed corners that can put some heat in them.

While the yellow tires can likely make it a good 32 laps, the softs won't go more than 20, that's 52 laps and you'd be short 11. 18 18 27 is easy to do and you can push the whole way. I think this strategy would work considering the pace advantage of the red tires over the whites.
Saishū kōnā

Marti_EF3

godlameroso wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 04:44
Speaking of yellows. They should seriously consider a two stop. 18 laps a piece on red tires, then a blast to the finish on yellows. The cold weather will make it difficult to get the hard front tires to work so they'll simply be too slow. Unlike Portimao there aren't any long high speed corners that can put some heat in them.

While the yellow tires can likely make it a good 32 laps, the softs won't go more than 20, that's 52 laps and you'd be short 11. 18 18 27 is easy to do and you can push the whole way. I think this strategy would work considering the pace advantage of the red tires over the whites.
That should be great if graining don't show on the softs like in Portimao :roll:

Wouter

diffuser wrote:
WRONG

You think Bottas was fastest in Q2 on the Soft.
Then how do you explain that he had to start the race on Mediums?
The Power of Dreams!

DChemTech
DChemTech

Wouter wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 11:31
diffuser wrote:
WRONG

Shhh, they just painted over the tires in Q2 to fool everyone :o

Wouter

DChemTech wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 11:42
Wouter wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 11:31
diffuser wrote:
WRONG

Shhh, they just painted over the tires in Q2 to fool everyone :o
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, how hard is it to admit you're wrong, after @Locknl and @Sieper come up
with convincing / irrefutable evidence that he really saw things wrong?
Seems like a small effort to me, especially after he corrected @Sieper with harsh words.
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

Thanks guys. I am in a bit of a hard place so quite thin skinned at the moment. Perhaps I should just accept it more easily, step over it.

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 12:55
Thanks guys. I am in a bit of a hard place so quite thin skinned at the moment. Perhaps I should just accept it more easily, step over it.
First you are falsely accused and then he does not speak up again. Very immature.
Wish you a quick recovery wherever you are @Sieper.
The Power of Dreams!

velizare
velizare

zibby43 wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 20:26
velizare wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 08:47
any words about the pu meeting happened yesterday?
"RaceFans understands the possibility of a freeze on engine development was discussed during yesterday’s F1 Commissions meeting but no decision was taken and the subject of a Balance of Performance was not tabled.

Speaking ahead of the meeting, Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto said an engine development freeze is not a priority for F1.

“I think that before starting discussing the freezing it’s more important to discuss 2026,” he said in response to a question from RaceFans. “What’s the new technical format for the new power units in the future, where costs need to be address, where the technology needs to be addressed. So I see that as a first priority and freezing, it’s only a second priority for the discussion.”

https://www.racefans.net/2020/10/27/red ... ne-freeze/

The "Balance of Performance" proposal was also introduced (in addition to the freeze, which Toto is in support of, but Mattia is not), which basically would mean Merc and its customer teams would be given less fuel to use to curb their performance.

While Toto is in support of an engine freeze, he and his Merc customers will not be supporting the "Balance of Performance" proposal.
thanks. bop is one of the last things i'd want to be in f1.

godlameroso

Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 09:28
godlameroso wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 04:44

That should be great if graining don't show on the softs like in Portimao :roll:
The soft is one step softer than used last round and the track surface isn't anywhere near as smooth. I doubt graining will be an issue because sliding will be easier to deal with.

The graining happened because of smooth track surface combined with overheating the tire surface. There aren't the same kind of long high speed corners to overheat them, at worst there's a tiny bit of rear management to keep them in the window.

Anyway I ran a full GP distance race on this track with wear and fuel consumption. There will be a tiny amount of fuel saving. I was averaging around 2.3 liters of fuel per lap. I couldn't get the hard tire working at the front. Even with crazy front toe angles to force heat and wear. So I ignored that tire because it was too slow, set up to preserve the faster tire instead. The soft was over a second per lap faster, the yellow was right about .7 to .8 faster.

It may be possible to qualify on the yellow tire, it's only around. 3 to .4 slower.

Laptime wise I started in the low 1:22's and ended in low 19's, was so frustrated I couldn't dip into the 18's. Using the 2017 Ferrari f1, the 2020 mod cars have cartoon levels of grip.
Last edited by godlameroso on 28 Oct 2020, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Gasly is confirmed for AT, Redbull are now waiting for bahrain (where the last f2 race is) to see if Tsunoda has the points available to get a superlicense. If not its Albon in AT.

godlameroso

Kvyat is out one way or another it seems.
Saishū kōnā