[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SilviuAgo

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Both Renault's made today an equal number of points with Lando's fastest lap 🤣🤣

Chicane
Chicane

We are 5 points behind Racing point and 13 points ahead of Renault, 17 points ahead of Ferrari
Last edited by Chicane on 15 Nov 2020, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
Quickshifter

CjC
CjC

Also Ferrari are well and truly in this fight for 3rd
Just a fan's point of view

ScottR267
ScottR267

https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2020/team.html

Current standings, Ferrari brought themselves right back into the fight

Darth-Piekus

I don't think Ferrari has the car to challenge for 3rd. Not with Leclerc being the only driver to deliver. Mclaren needs one thing to take the lead. They need a good qualifying in front of both RP and Renaults and a good clear race where everything goes our way while our opponents have all the bad luck just for once and we can get away with a good haul of points.

Emag
Emag

Racing Point only 5 points ahead, which considering how yesterday went is not bad at all. Crucially, Renault is now 13 points behind with Ferrari just 6 points behind them. If no shenanigans happen these last couple of races 3rd is not entirely out of reach. There has been so much bad luck this year it's unbelievable. It's time for karma to balance itself out and give McLaren a lucky race for once. Everytime they had the chance to score big points they have been screwed by one reason or another. Very annoying.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Great race! Electric pace of the boys. If it wasn’t for yesterday, what could have been! No one knows but honestly don’t care so much either. Even if we lose to TracingPoint, it makes not a lot of difference. Let’s develop and homologate as much as possible and get the aero and car kynematics on point for next year.

Great damage limitation. Wow. Grats to Lewis, that was an impressive drive

Darth-Piekus

Emag wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 14:19
Racing Point only 5 points ahead, which considering how yesterday went is not bad at all. Crucially, Renault is now 13 points behind with Ferrari just 6 points behind them. If no shenanigans happen these last couple of races 3rd is not entirely out of reach. There has been so much bad luck this year it's unbelievable. It's time for karma to balance itself out and give McLaren a lucky race for once. Everytime they had the chance to score big points they have been screwed by one reason or another. Very annoying.
All I ask is give one race weekend where Mclaren qualifies best of the rest and everything happens in the race that gives Mclaren a whole lots of points while the rest get as few as possible. Mclaren had this bad luck all this year.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Feels like Monza. Happy that a potentially disastrous result was converted into something pretty great. But finishing 3 seconds behind P2 with the fastest car of the 3 in front of you leaves a slightly bitter taste. Still, all to play for in the final 3 races.

Emag
Emag

Macklaren wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 14:22
Feels like Monza. Happy that a potentially disastrous result was converted into something pretty great. But finishing 3 seconds behind P2 with the fastest car of the 3 in front of you leaves a slightly bitter taste. Still, all to play for in the final 3 races.
I mean the podium was nice and all, but if no weird --- happened on Italy McLaren was set for P2-P3 with the rivals getting less points than they ended up getting. Even when they get "lucky" they get unlucky. So frustrating.

proteus

Its like a random raffle with 5 teams of the midfield. There was Mclaren on top, then RP, then Renault, then AT started to rise, now it is Ferrari. I really hope cars manage to get to the finish line at atleast 2 circuits and that Bahrain 2 would be something similar to Monza in terms of pace.

The car was aparently set for a dry race today, as well as the Ferrari.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Nice result. McLaren seemed very competitive and feels a shame that had to start from so far back. The pace was there for greater things. Gonna be an awesome fight for P3, definitely in it.

bauc

Ground Effect wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 14:03
Szabi1112 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 13:59
Horribly fantastic performance from the drivers
Disgustingly fantastic! =D>
Superb race from both drivers, we keep pushing till the end!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

diffuser

chrisgr wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 14:04
Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde! What happened? Were the cars set for the race? Probably we couldn't warm the tyres enough during quali. I am not really sure. But today, when most of the drivers were finding it difficult to pass anyone, Norris was doing it so easily!! After the second pitstop I was sure that he will catch Stroll!
Think you're right, where they could not get enough heat in the tires in quality, that lack of heat was saving them from over heating today.

That also seemed to end up in Stroll's fall. His new inters generated and kept too much heat.
Last edited by diffuser on 15 Nov 2020, 15:09, edited 2 times in total.

chrisgr
chrisgr

diffuser wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:02

Think you're right, where they could not get enough heat in the tires in quality, that lack of heat was saving them from over heating today.

That also seemed to end up in Stroll's fall. His new inters generated and kept too much heat.
Yes. From the first lap with his new set, Stroll was complaining on radio.
I still find it strange why Norris took the lap running record just after his second pitstop, if we struggled so much with tyre temps. There were other drivers that have just made their pitstop.
Last edited by chrisgr on 15 Nov 2020, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.