[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

etsmc wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 05:45
well, the car has been submitted and I think I will either be receiving a penalty or have found a bit of a grey area, either way, it could probably be exploited more but I guess it will get closed up in the next season.
There are some holes, we will have to fix for next year. Some of you guys are pretty good at finding the loop holes. It is always funny to see new ones, esp. as the rules are now pretty old. So, I am looking forward to your discovery.

hollus

This is a technical F1 forum. Hardly a surprise that people look for and find loopholes? It is one of the fun aspects of following you guys.
Rivals, not enemies.

Koldskaal

Unfortunately, I have to nominate my car from the last race. I had been working on an HDF setup but can’t seem to make the floor work.

From what I’m seeing Interlagos will favor high downforce to an even greater extent than the other races this season. So I don’t have particularly high hopes for this race. To me it seems quite likely that GCBB will win this race, and that Macca or JJR will take the 3rd place. Meaning I will lose my 2nd place in the championship to a fully deserving GCBB.
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

CAEdevice

I submitted the car yesterday: I am not sure I improved enough to be on the podium, but I am happy with the improvement of the car during the challenge. Compared to 2019 car, I gained about 10% in downforce, with the same drag.

What about 2021? We will use new rules (F1 2022 inspired) or we will keep the present rules with a small revision of the template?

This is the car for the last race:

Last edited by CAEdevice on 17 Nov 2020, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

Ft5fTL

This is the car that i submitted for the last race. I'm pretty happy the gains i made with this one. I'm predicting the c/l around 2.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

spacehead3

Here's my final car. Slowly getting better but still a long way off. I'd love to see some of the detailed results of the top cars because I don't know how you manage to get so much downforce. Anyway this has been a lot of fun and a great learning experience, really looking forward to next year!

Max Taylor

MaccaRacing

And so this journey has finally ended... almost 300 iterations and so many lessons learned, especially about making backups and about correctly tracking all the changes to the model...
I feel I could have done something better if only I had a better performing computer, but I can be very proud about me.
About the race, I am looking towards a podium, but I can't trust at all the fast simulations... let's see...

variante

Awesome cars! They really have evolved during the course of this season, reaching a good level of maturity.
Macca has made the greatest gains recently, so i wouldn't be surpsised to see him taking even the 2nd position. 300 iteration is A LOT! I'm not sold on his sidepods though.
I still have a sweet spot for Ft5fTL car (except for the rear wing), especially in this updated livery.
And i must say that it's nice to spot "familiar" details on some of these cars :D

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that GCBB is going to take his impressive 3rd win.

MaccaRacing

variante wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 05:18
300 iteration is A LOT!
Well, considering that I am running only fast simulations, they are definitely few.. With my brother's PC I could have run twice the simulations per day..

etsmc

Would be interested to see where most people are making their downforce. Would it be possible to post it as some sort of percentage after the final race??
eg
Frontwing 20%
Rearwing 20%
Floor60%

Would anyone be against that if they did this for all competitors? I know I lack downforce and always have but would be nice to see the difference between differing designs. If its possible

CAEdevice

etsmc wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 09:54
Would be interested to see where most people are making their downforce. Would it be possible to post it as some sort of percentage after the final race??
eg
Frontwing 20%
Rearwing 20%
Floor60%

Would anyone be against that if they did this for all competitors? I know I lack downforce and always have but would be nice to see the difference between differing designs. If its possible
Frontwing 38%
Rearwing 27%
Floor 35%

variante

etsmc wrote:
Would it be possible to post it as some sort of percentage after the final race??
I'm planning to write a little article about my car, as i used to do in the past.
I'm always for sharing more info, even automatically after each race.

MaccaRacing wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 08:11
With my brother's PC I could have run twice the simulations per day..
Time to buy a nice Ryzen. That's what i'll do sometime in the near future.

Koldskaal

etsmc wrote:
eg
Frontwing 20%
Rearwing 20%
Floor60%

My floor is divided into a few different parts, so it might be too much hassle for them to go over each part and judge whether some part is considered floor or not.
Anyway, my percentages:
Frontwing: 29%
Rearwing: 23%
Floor: 48%
This is not accounting for lift from body/wheels
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

Joe7218

etsmc wrote:
eg
Frontwing 20%
Rearwing 20%
Floor60%

Front wing = 30%
Rear wing = 32%
Floor = 38%

Ft5fTL

etsmc wrote:
eg
Frontwing 20%
Rearwing 20%
Floor60%

Frontwing 29%
Rearwing 21%
Floor 50%
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing