[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

MachineCo. wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 00:04
Would it really make sense for Ferrari to spend all that effort to make Vettel look as bad as he's been? They could have just released him it that was the case.
I don't think it's a question of 'trying or effort to make Vettel look bad', i think it's much more a case of being very unsupportive of a driver (and his side of the garage), perhaps due to a clash, in a situation where Ferrari is already on the back foot, and being overly supportive to the other side. Meaning, they weren't 'actively' taking measures against Vettel, but instead, they took every active measure for improvement to the LeClerc side, and left Seb out.
Then, Mekies stepped in, recognised the situation, adresses the situation, takes measures, and all of a sudden, Vettel gets normal treatment, and behold, the results come back in.

The sheer difference between Vettel and Leclerc in the past races imo - anything tinfoil aside - is very suspect to me, as Vettel really is not that bat by any means, and LeClerc really isnt THAT good by any means either.
It wasn't that bad at the start of the season either to be honest.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Tea

If it is that sort of thing, it is more likely to be some one demonstrating to their bosses that they were correct in calling it as the driver I told you to get is better than this old one, see I am right.

I just think it is seb being unloved and not giving a **** if he finishes in the points or not.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dtro

ryaan2904 wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 21:08
dtro wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 23:10
The weekend Binotto was left behind there were whispers round the paddock that the Ferrari shipment was twice its usual size at one other point this year. Laurent Mekies instructs the engineers and mechanics to prepare the cars, both cars. Lo and behold both cars finish in the points.

No illusions and zfg about next season but at least Vettel got one last chance to shine after everyone wrote him off.

Charles will come back stronger I'm sure.
This is crazy. I get it that people don't like Binotto but spreading rumours like this is just ridiculous. Can't believe people still believe "the cars are different theory" when Sebastian himself has disagreed with such rumors.
All I'm saying is that maybe, just maybe, the atmosphere in the garage was a bit different with MB back at the office.

Ferrari finally got an okay points hall this year. It happened when the big boss was away. It's not ridiculous, it's occam's razor.

I do grant Vettel's boner must have been real when Istanbul Park was announced so maybe you're right, the car hasn't changed it was Vettel that changed.

Finally it's a public online forum, my "rumors" are half-cocked ideas concocted to bring a chuckle if not a laugh. But even Vettel accepted/made the joke that if the results aren't as good when Binotto returns maybe they should keep him at the factory. Sooooooooooo. 8)

dtro

Manoah2u wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 23:41
dtro wrote:
The weekend Binotto was left behind there were whispers round the paddock that the Ferrari shipment was twice its usual size at one other point this year. Laurent Mekies instructs the engineers and mechanics to prepare the cars, both cars. Lo and behold both cars finish in the points.

No illusions and zfg about next season but at least Vettel got one last chance to shine after everyone wrote him off.

I must say I find it pretty remarkable that now Mekies is taking a more 'leading' or 'actively leading' role, and Binotto being far less involved there and supposedly more active at Maranello (or in secrecy sent home and sit out his time), that Ferrari has gained quite a lot in the field and from what I could gather or 'spot' I am getting the idea the vibe is much better and far more amicable, far less hostile. Hell, Vettel looks far more relaxed and his onboards have a different 'vibe' to it aswell.

I could be seeing things that aren't there, perhaps influenced by my own ideas/feelings and as such reading far more into it than actually is happening, but I can't help but notice a better atmosphere and oddly enough, a certain amount of progress.

I'm actually hoping Binotto - who in my opinion has clearly shown not capable of the TP role and has failed hugely - will NOT return EVER to a TP role by any means. I personally believe he has served his time there anyway, and it's time for other people.
Thank you! I completely agree that MB has looked out of place in the position ever since Arrivabene got sacked. Vettel has definitely not been as comfortable, Raikkonen was unceremoniously dropped, and LeClerc has shown a lot of promise but also seems to feel the pressure which a TP should be able to ease and allow the driver to feel comfortable and confident enough to deliver results. Binotto really hasn't given me that kind of vibe at all. Granted that's coming from the perspective of someone looking at pictures/watching interviews/practice sessions and not someone with in person experience.

Maybe they're giving MB a sort of soft demotion, no public flogging because I assume he knew and was supported with regards the engine "issues" that left them in the position they're in now. Higher ups must have known/consented implicitly to Binotto doing whatever it takes to get them back on top, now that they've been slapped on the wrist bring him back down to a lower position and replace him with someone who can be a Toto Wolff and let their drivers feel confident/build them back up if they're in the hole.

Kind of excited to see what Bahrain/Bahrain Oval hold for Ferrari at this point.

ryaan2904

Manoah2u wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 00:16
MachineCo. wrote:
Would it really make sense for Ferrari to spend all that effort to make Vettel look as bad as he's been? They could have just released him it that was the case.
I don't think it's a question of 'trying or effort to make Vettel look bad', i think it's much more a case of being very unsupportive of a driver (and his side of the garage), perhaps due to a clash, in a situation where Ferrari is already on the back foot, and being overly supportive to the other side. Meaning, they weren't 'actively' taking measures against Vettel, but instead, they took every active measure for improvement to the LeClerc side, and left Seb out.
Then, Mekies stepped in, recognised the situation, adresses the situation, takes measures, and all of a sudden, Vettel gets normal treatment, and behold, the results come back in.

The sheer difference between Vettel and Leclerc in the past races imo - anything tinfoil aside - is very suspect to me, as Vettel really is not that bat by any means, and LeClerc really isnt THAT good by any means either.
First of all, Vettel had a good race in Imola as well, when Binotto was present. And before you mention the botched pitstop, do know that botching a pitstop in action is just impossible. You cant 'orchestrate' a bad pitstop. Is it that hard to just accept the fact that the upgrades brought on the car have been helping Seb as well?
Ferrari, even moreso, Binotto doesn't have time for that kind of drama. Would you say the same for all the mistakes and missed opportunities by Seb in 2018 as well as 2019?! When he arguably had the best car and all the support he could ask for.
Charles has proved why he's the better driver enough times, independent to Seb's performances, for Ferrari to hold Seb back. Get over it.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

ryaan2904

dtro wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 01:46
ryaan2904 wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 21:08
dtro wrote:

This is crazy. I get it that people don't like Binotto but spreading rumours like this is just ridiculous. Can't believe people still believe "the cars are different theory" when Sebastian himself has disagreed with such rumors.
All I'm saying is that maybe, just maybe, the atmosphere in the garage was a bit different with MB back at the office.

Ferrari finally got an okay points hall this year. It happened when the big boss was away. It's not ridiculous, it's occam's razor.

I do grant Vettel's boner must have been real when Istanbul Park was announced so maybe you're right, the car hasn't changed it was Vettel that changed.

Finally it's a public online forum, my "rumors" are half-cocked ideas concocted to bring a chuckle if not a laugh. But even Vettel accepted/made the joke that if the results aren't as good when Binotto returns maybe they should keep him at the factory. Sooooooooooo. 8)
Hehe yeah, Vettel and then even Binotto joked about it later. Could it be that the atmosphere was different? I can't say. I think Seb's finally started to find his feet in the car. He said after the race in Imola that the car felt good and if not for that pitstop, he would have finished well. That confidence got up even more in Istanbul after his practice sessions in the wet. In the race, his experience shone through. We have to remember that Seb always struggled in pushing the car, not in actively controlling the car, as evidenced by his performance in Istanbul.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

Schippke

My 2 cents on Ferrari's Turkish Grand Prix.

Firstly, I seriously don't think Binotto being there or not would've made the difference to the end result. So I don't know why people (here and elsewhere on social media) are making a big deal out of it.

As for the drivers, Sebastian made a mega start and drove beautifully... keeping Lewis behind for such a long time was amazing to see, considering the car he had at his disposal. As much as his recents performances are below his usual self (be that motivation, the team, the car or a conspiracy of some description), this was Vintage Vettel and it was awesome to see.

In saying that, Charles for me... was even more so impressive. Yes, he didn't make the lighting start Vettel did, and the start of the race wasn't that noticeable... but once he pitted, considering how far back down the field he was, how he caught-up and passed Sebastian was nothing short of incredible; Tremendous pace throughout all things considered. Whilst it was a shame he lost out of a Podium place, the fact he gave it a go to try and stop Perez getting past again was a valiant effort. Had he kept the place, we'd all be singing his praises but consider the state of the conditions on track, the intermediates basically becoming semi-slicks, I'm not going to criticise him. When you compare how he has driven the rest of 2020, he's doing incredibly well.

It was just nice seeing Ferrari capitalising and seemingly making all the right calls (for once!). They made the most of the conditions and brought home their best result of the season. With the last few races, don't think we'll be seeing much in terms of similar positions (those straights at Bahrain are going to be a killer)... but hopefully we can finish the season with a few more double-points finishes and prepare for a stronger 2021.

f1316

I really don’t think this is what they’re doing - Ferrari are racers and want to do as well as possible in every race, not to mention get more prize money for finishing higher up in the constructors - but it might end up for the best for them if they end up in 6th rather than 3rd in the constructors, given the wind tunnel ‘handicap’ system coming in next year.

While it’s only 24 points between Ferrari in 6th and Racing Point in 3rd, I also don’t think Ferrari will be strong in any of the remaining races given this year’s PU weakness, but again, I think this might work out for the best as it could help them to be stronger in the first half of next year.

Manoah2u

ryaan2904 wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 07:15
before you mention the botched pitstop,
i never mentioned such a thing nor concider it,
stop accusing me of things i haven't claimed nor will
Get over it.
you need to tone down your hostile attitude, and stop accusing people of things.

You should start learning that people are free to have and vent their opinions, that's what makes a healthy discussion and is able for people to learn and progress and is beneficiary to humanity. Just because you have a different opinion or interpretation of certain events does not mean you are right or in any position to impose your ideas.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ryaan2904

Manoah2u wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 17:45
ryaan2904 wrote:
before you mention the botched pitstop,
i never mentioned such a thing nor concider it,
stop accusing me of things i haven't claimed nor will
Get over it.
you need to tone down your hostile attitude, and stop accusing people of things.

You should start learning that people are free to have and vent their opinions, that's what makes a healthy discussion and is able for people to learn and progress and is beneficiary to humanity. Just because you have a different opinion or interpretation of certain events does not mean you are right or in any position to impose your ideas.
Firstly, I never actively accused you about the botched pitstop, it was just a bit of 'pre-clarification' in case you thought of going that direction. 'Before you mention the botched pitstop'. My bad, but its been a going thing for Seb fans/Ferrari haters to mention these things so I felt the need to mention it.

And you are completely right, people are free to have and state their opinions. I just felt yours were complete bullshit and felt the need to state mine as eloquently as possible so as to facilitate growth and progress of humanity.
Ofcourse I never intended to impose/accuse and as such you are free to keep your opinions and vent them.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

MachineCo.

Manoah2u wrote:
MachineCo. wrote:

Really? Must have watched different races then. I thought he was best driver out there. Maybe he's just been getting lucky.

I don't think there is any conspiracy for Vettel's pace. Leclerc has just managed to be quicker in this car. vettel himself said that Leclerc is able to find grip and speed that he can't. We saw it last year as well. Vettel hasn't managed to get the speed out of the car until recently when the new updates have made the car more stable and the rear end traction much better.

Zynerji

ryaan2904 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
MachineCo. wrote:

First of all, Vettel had a good race in Imola as well, when Binotto was present. And before you mention the botched pitstop, do know that botching a pitstop in action is just impossible. You cant 'orchestrate' a bad pitstop. Is it that hard to just accept the fact that the upgrades brought on the car have been helping Seb as well?
Ferrari, even moreso, Binotto doesn't have time for that kind of drama. Would you say the same for all the mistakes and missed opportunities by Seb in 2018 as well as 2019?! When he arguably had the best car and all the support he could ask for.
Charles has proved why he's the better driver enough times, independent to Seb's performances, for Ferrari to hold Seb back. Get over it.
When Charles has a few WDC trophies, then we can talk about whos the better driver...🙄

MachineCo.

Zynerji wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 00:50
ryaan2904 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

When Charles has a few WDC trophies, then we can talk about whos the better driver...🙄

OK sure. Wonder what Ferrari ever saw in this guy to sign him for the next 5 years? Bet you said the same about Ricciardo?

ryaan2904

@Zynerji yes you are correct, he still has to really win anything yet but it doesnt change the fact that Currently he's performing better.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

hape

Schippke wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 12:47
My 2 cents on Ferrari's Turkish Grand Prix.

Firstly, I seriously don't think Binotto being there or not would've made the difference to the end result. So I don't know why people (here and elsewhere on social media) are making a big deal out of it.

As for the drivers, Sebastian made a mega start and drove beautifully... keeping Lewis behind for such a long time was amazing to see, considering the car he had at his disposal. As much as his recents performances are below his usual self (be that motivation, the team, the car or a conspiracy of some description), this was Vintage Vettel and it was awesome to see.

In saying that, Charles for me... was even more so impressive. Yes, he didn't make the lighting start Vettel did, and the start of the race wasn't that noticeable... but once he pitted, considering how far back down the field he was, how he caught-up and passed Sebastian was nothing short of incredible; Tremendous pace throughout all things considered. Whilst it was a shame he lost out of a Podium place, the fact he gave it a go to try and stop Perez getting past again was a valiant effort. Had he kept the place, we'd all be singing his praises but consider the state of the conditions on track, the intermediates basically becoming semi-slicks, I'm not going to criticise him. When you compare how he has driven the rest of 2020, he's doing incredibly well.

It was just nice seeing Ferrari capitalising and seemingly making all the right calls (for once!). They made the most of the conditions and brought home their best result of the season. With the last few races, don't think we'll be seeing much in terms of similar positions (those straights at Bahrain are going to be a killer)... but hopefully we can finish the season with a few more double-points finishes and prepare for a stronger 2021.
Spot on.
All even numbered grid positions were a disgrace at the start, Vettel, starting from the uneven position, choose the right path and found himself in 3rd spot before he knew it. Most of the race he had no car in front of him, a huge advantage in the wet.
Leclerc on the other hand found himself in 14th position, did some great overtaking on a wet track, closed a huge gap to Verstappen, Vettel, Perez etc. overtook them all by being fastest on the track for quite some time.
Perez and Vettel just took advantage when he made that small error in the last lap that cost him a few seconds.