2020 Sakhir Grand Prix - Sakhir, Dec 04 - 06

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zibby43

Re: 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix - Sakhir, Dec 04 - 06

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Mercedes put Russell in the Mercedes this weekend, while putting Vandoorne in the Williams?

How bonkers would that be?

Most importantly, hoping for a full and speedy recovery for Lewis.

nzjrs

Fingers crossed for an exciting race at the front!

AMG.Tzan

Vandoorne maybe? Please don't put Guitierez in there!

Russell or Hulk would have been awesome to see in the Merc but i don't think they will give any of these 2 the chance! Vandoorne is also a nice option...i would very much like to see what he can achieve in the Merc!

Hopefully Hamilton's absence will create a better race for the top spot! Bahrain's outer loop may help in creating a great race!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Morteza

:lol: :lol: :lol: =D>
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Moore77

I hope this happens.

This race looks more in the kitty of Max now.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Juzh

MtthsMlw wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 09:34
Return of Gutiérrez?
I dont think he has a super licence, didn't this come up not so long ago?

jjn9128

AMG.Tzan wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 09:56

Russell or Hulk would have been awesome to see in the Merc but i don't think they will give any of these 2 the chance! Vandoorne is also a nice option...i would very much like to see what he can achieve in the Merc!

Hopefully Hamilton's absence will create a better race for the top spot! Bahrain's outer loop may help in creating a great race!
Guitierez doesn't have a super license. Buxton suggests it's unlikely Hamilton will be able to travel to AbuDhabi as both they and Bahrain have quite strict quarantine rules - so could be a driver needed for 2 races. Vandoorne is the most likely candidate as he's driven the simulator, been involved in the DAS development and should know the steering wheel layout. He's also shorter than both Russell and Hulk - closer to Ham/Bot height and there may be an issue there. Hulk could easily fit the Force Racing Martin because he's the same height as Stroll. But while Vandoorne is the most likely he's also the least exciting candidate, he didn't exactly set the world alight last time, plus I think most F1 fans would love Hulk to get a podium finally.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

ENGINE TUNER

I hope Russell and not Hulk gets the seat, Hulk does not deserve a podium. Russell has done work that has benefited the Merc AMG team.

MtthsMlw

Juzh wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 10:48
MtthsMlw wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 09:34
Return of Gutiérrez?
I dont think he has a super licence, didn't this come up not so long ago?
I don't know but yeah Vandoorne looks more likely.

zibby43

jjn9128 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 10:50
AMG.Tzan wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 09:56

Guitierez doesn't have a super license. Buxton suggests it's unlikely Hamilton will be able to travel to AbuDhabi as both they and Bahrain have quite strict quarantine rules - so could be a driver needed for 2 races. Vandoorne is the most likely candidate as he's driven the simulator, been involved in the DAS development and should know the steering wheel layout. He's also shorter than both Russell and Hulk - closer to Ham/Bot height and there may be an issue there. Hulk could easily fit the Force Racing Martin because he's the same height as Stroll. But while Vandoorne is the most likely he's also the least exciting candidate, he didn't exactly set the world alight last time, plus I think most F1 fans would love Hulk to get a podium finally.
Hamilton can be cleared for Abu Dhabi if he returns a negative test by next Thursday.

Spot on re: Esteban. He is out of the running for this weekend. No super license.

Finally, Russell will be eligible for the seat if Mercedes does the following (i.e., Merc cannot unilaterally make the move, unless provided for in Russell's contract):

1) Provides adequate compensation to Williams

2) Provides Williams a suitable stand-in driver

zibby43

Moore77 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 10:44
I hope this happens.

This race looks more in the kitty of Max now.
They couldn't ask for a better head-to-head comparison of Bottas and Russell. New circuit in championship-winning machinery.

Williams will need to be compensated adequately, as they're 3 points behind Haas in the WCC, and Russell would have a great chance for points in the outer loop configuration with a Mercedes PU.

jjn9128

zibby43 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 10:55
Finally, Russell will be eligible for the seat if Mercedes does the following (i.e., Merc cannot unilaterally make the move, unless provided for in Russell's contract):

1) Provides adequate compensation to Williams

2) Provides Williams a suitable stand-in driver
I'm willing to bet he has his powerpoint out regardless.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

El Scorchio

Hope Hamilton gets better soon.
Big weekend for Bottas then. How will he fare against someone else in the other car, and will he be able to win the race comfortably?

Or if Russell gets in that car and puts it top three, then Verstappen can probably kiss goodbye to getting in a Mercedes any time soon and possibly forever.

Just_a_fan

Well we're going to have to wait until next season for the next historic milestone - Hamilton could have reached 100 poles this season but now will have to wait until at least Australia next season (assuming he races again this year and that Australia actually happens next year) or Bahrain next year to have a chance at the milestone.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.