[ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

Kvyat: "People are calling me quite a bit" for 2021 drive

Kvyat says that he’s already heard from potential employers in other categories, and his manager Nicolas Todt is looking at options.

“People are calling me for sure quite a bit,” he said. “And for sure, there is a lot of interest from everything, from many places, but right now I know that I will be able to choose what I can do next year anyway.

“My deal was with AlphaTauri, Toro Rosso at the time, that I do 2019 and 2020. And that's it. And then we will see. However, after Abu Dhabi, regardless of anyone's decision, I'm deciding what I'm doing with my life, with my career.

“We'll see what it's gonna be, I still don't know. For sure there is interest from other people. I received calls, and it's good. It's always very nice to have interesting options. And it never hurts.

“So I'm definitely in touch with people, Nicolas is in touch with people. So it can become a very interesting thing in the future. So like I said, I'm open to many things, and I don't have any particular preferences at the moment. I am still focusing on these races here.”

Asked if he would accept a Red Bull/AlphaTauri reserve role, he said: “I don't know. I haven't thought about it yet. I haven't thought about these kind of things. So we'll see what will be on the table after the end of the year, first of all.

“And then you look at all the things and you pick what suits you the best, what you think you will be able to do the best job possible in a way.

“There is still nothing to think about yet, about these kinds of things. But of course, I'm not saying no to anything before it even comes.”

Kyvat admitted that one possibility is to take a year out and reflect, something that Sergio Perez has suggested he might do.

“I said that I have options. And one of the options is also just to have a proper holiday year, doing something else. Just enjoy other things, other things that I didn't do while I was in F1.

“I'm confident I can be competitive in anything. So whatever I drove usually, from day one,everyone was saying to me, ‘Wow, you're really competitive, even if it's a completely different thing to F1.’

“I had a full year off in 2018, and I barely drove anything. And then I came back to Abu Dhabi in the test, I did 160 laps and I was straight away very competitive also. So I'm also not too worried about that.”
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvya ... n=widget-1
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Wow, Tsunoda robbed of a victory and now down to 5th in the championship. Pretty unlucky weekend for him. Kvyat may just keep his seat.

godlameroso

Tsunoda finished the sprint race 16th. Does he still get his super license?

At least Honda won at Fuji and sealed the SGT championship. Toyota ran out of fuel on the final corner and gave the win and championship to Raybrig NSX.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

" ... but it doesn’t feel that important on such day."

And so it is; well said Pierre!!

The Power of Dreams!

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Marti_EF3

godlameroso wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 15:08
Tsunoda finished the sprint race 16th. Does he still get his super license?

At least Honda won at Fuji and sealed the SGT championship. Toyota ran out of fuel on the final corner and gave the win and championship to Raybrig NSX.
If he finish 5th or above he gets the SL. Still 2 races to go, and have 7 points advantage to 6th and only 5 points disadvantage to 3rd. So anything is possible right now

I love Team Kunimitsu since they started racing with Raybrig livery with the NA1 NSX. Those blue front lights were awesome. Also I've all Raybrig bulbs on my civic :lol:

godlameroso

Tsunoda on pole, he just has to convert tomorrow! Get the drive on merit ol' chap.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

Honda, Franz Tost and Helmut Marko must be pleased. :lol:
Tomorrow 1:10 p.m. CET.

The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Wouter wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 23:31
Honda, Franz Tost and Helmut Marko must be pleased. :lol:
Tomorrow 1:10 p.m. CET.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIYy3ZblYRF/
Looks good! He did it with full wet tires! :lol: :lol:

godlameroso

HE DID IT!!!! Well done Mr. Tsunoda!!! P1 with a brilliant overtake FTW!!!
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

YES!! YUKI on P1!! =D> =D> =D>

Helmut Marko was watching in front of the podium. :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

That puts him 3rd in the standing with one race to go.
Saishū kōnā

Marti_EF3

He have the SL anyway! Lundgaard was last! We will have him next year with Gasly!! =D> =D>

Wouter

I agree with @Dan Castell! :D

The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Tsunoda deserves that seat! He did an awesome race!! Nursing the tires and then pushing on the right moment! =D> =D> =D>