[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xero

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Messy Q2 for Lando. Needed him in the mix for points, so he's got a lot of hard work to do tomorrow from there to salvage something.

Hopefully Carlos can repeat his lap here.

Chicane

Same old same old. Took two sets to get through Q1 and bottled it in Q2. Seidl put it bluntly, the pace was there but Lando couldn't extract. What a way to bottle when P3 for the team is on line. Irrespective of what happens tomorrow this was unacceptable from Lando.
Quickshifter

Darth-Piekus

I will say it again. If Lando is champion material as the media claim him to be then next year he must deliver.

mwillems

For a while I thought they were being smart and letting Lando catch Carlos for the Tow. I do think he did leave early.

But ultimately he had a poor session.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

SmallSoldier

mwillems wrote:For a while I thought they were being smart and letting Lando catch Carlos for the Tow. I do think he did leave early.

Haven’t watched the onboard, but he may have aborted if he went too wide in turn 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CjC
CjC

Chicane wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 19:47
Same old same old. Took two sets to get through Q1 and bottled it in Q2. Seidl put it bluntly, the pace was there but Lando couldn't extract. What a way to bottle when P3 for the team is on line. Irrespective of what happens tomorrow this was unacceptable from Lando.
For me Lando is a snowflake.
Why on earth did he abort that last attempt? Surely p12 on the grid is better than p15???

He aborts too many laps in my opinion does Norris
Just a fan's point of view

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 19:57
mwillems wrote:For a while I thought they were being smart and letting Lando catch Carlos for the Tow. I do think he did leave early.

Haven’t watched the onboard, but he may have aborted if he went too wide in turn 8

I have now tv so I dont get the onboards so I can't tell.

Slow end of Q3. About right, good job from Carlos.

Darth-Piekus

Not a good qualifying again unfortunately but tomorrow is where points count.

mwillems

CjC wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 19:59
Chicane wrote:
Why on earth did he abort that last attempt? Surely p12 on the grid is better than p15???

Lol

Lando has a ton of points and Sainz has also made mistakes this year.

He aborted because he thought he could go faster. He gambled and lost. No snowflake, just poor judgement.

proteus

Xero wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 19:46
Messy Q2 for Lando. Needed him in the mix for points, so he's got a lot of hard work to do tomorrow from there to salvage something.

Hopefully Carlos can repeat his lap here.
How is he with the tyres though? He should have some spare fresh sets of yellows, or he doesnt? If his car gets trough the race working fine, he might still be in a good position.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Macklaren

Tom said he made a strategy error with on track positioning for Carlos'last run. Oh well. Disappointing quali but good news is that the car has pace and passing is possible here. Also STR P10

godlameroso

Looks like the starting order is reversed. Only hope for Lando is to start on mediums and try to push the stint as much as possible for an overcut. Most others will be two stopping.
Saishū kōnā

JRindt

mwillems wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 20:04
CjC wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 19:59
Chicane wrote:

Lol

Lando has a ton of points and Sainz has also made mistakes this year.

He aborted because he thought he could go faster. He gambled and lost. No snowflake, just poor judgement.
He aborted on the final run too, when could’ve taken the flag. I think he also did 2 green sectors in the first two on that run.
Regardless, he should’ve taken the flag. I was kind of stumped that he didn’t #-o

SmallSoldier

godlameroso wrote:Looks like the starting order is reversed. Only hope for Lando is to start on mediums and try to push the stint as much as possible for an overcut. Most others will be two stopping.
I would be daring and go for Hards from the beginning... with the DRS train it shouldn’t be that big of a handicap, he can also push them a bit more than the rest and have a tire delta on a faster tire towards the end of the race.

Will be interesting to see what the strategy is tomorrow... They started Carlos last week on Softs even though he was also P15

dp12

Same situation as last week
Let’s hope for good points tomorrow