[ 2020 ] Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mattchu

Re: [ 2020 ] Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

djones wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 17:30
Just watched the Mazepin video.

I'm seriously struggling to see much of a problem ethically. The girl in the car was clearly just having some fun and good times were had.

Sure it might not be good from a Haas marketing/PR point of view. But from every other point of view, you get to end of the video and it's like "was that it??"
So while being filmed driving along in a car the lad turns round, gropes the girl in the backs breast and you`re struggling to see much of a problem!
This is then posted on social media for the world to see...

My prediction...this kid is going to be a disaster in F1.

Scorpaguy

It appears the only victim was Haas...as all the others were willing participants. While it may not be proper...nothing appears illegal. Young kids partying and having a good time.

Just another chance for the overly sanctimonious to engage in social media derived destruction. While the kid may be a spoiled brat, his only crime seems to be having a friend that posts improper things to his acct...which is not smart and may be enough to get him fired.

...probably more deserving drivers anyway.

Sevach

I don't know why it still surprises me when the narrative becomes more important than the truth.
I see all the major websites, social media outlets of the team and F1, failing to include the woman's statements because it goes against the angle they are pushing, no addendums, no clarifications nothing...
It's frankly disgusting.

djones

Mattchu wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 17:45
djones wrote:

I'm seriously struggling to see much of a problem ethically. The girl in the car was clearly just having some fun and good times were had.

Sure it might not be good from a Haas marketing/PR point of view. But from every other point of view, you get to end of the video and it's like "was that it??"
So while being filmed driving along in a car the lad turns round, gropes the girl in the backs breast and you`re struggling to see much of a problem!

I wonder if we are watching a different video?

The one I have seen they are not driving. The car is stopped and its on the back seats.

Jolle

The Mazepin post in solo could be explained as a freak mistake or friends on a night out being silly. For me, in line with his other behaviour it isn’t and a clear sign he’s an entitled prick. Someone who posts a “grab them by the pussy” video because it’s a normal thing to do.
If my son was posting videos like that, he wouldn’t get a F1 car for Christmas but have a long conversation about respect, boundaries and that woman aren’t possessions. But then again, I wouldn’t get him a F2 ride after he punched another driver or allowed him a phone harassing women online.
Not even taking into account how he endangered his fellow drivers with his wreckless driving in Sochi.

godlameroso

This is the most attention the Haas thread has gotten in ages.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

This farewell helmet was designed by his children for this weekend. :(

The Power of Dreams!

Mattchu

djones wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 00:42
Mattchu wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 17:45
djones wrote:

I wonder if we are watching a different video?

The one I have seen they are not driving. The car is stopped and its on the back seats.
pm`ed you a twitter link to the video Iv`e seen.

Also the "narrative" being pushed by whoever does not really concern me. A gentleman should never do something like this, "just for laughs", so what if the girls come out and said it was just fun and games, that doesn`t make it alright in my view.
If he had a daughter or sister would he like to see them treated like this...

p.s. I don`t want him to lose his seat or anything, hopefully he`ll learn from this.

nzjrs

Mattchu wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 19:08
Also the "narrative" being pushed by whoever does not really concern me. A gentleman should never do something like this, "just for laughs", so what if the girls come out and said it was just fun and games, that doesn`t make it alright in my view.
FWIW one type of woke person would take offence to your statement and say to you "woman are capable and responsible adults and can decide for themselves what they want, and men like you should not decide for them". Another woke person might say to you "this type of behavior exemplifies the patriarchal tyranny of our modern society that so many men can behave like this".

Often, non-liberal woke people will hold the two beliefs simultaneously for the same situation, or hold one or the other belief when it is convenient for them to express distaste for the person doing the good/bad things. In all cases they will tell you loudly - to push a narrative or express virtue one might say.

Mattchu

nzjrs wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 19:49
Mattchu wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 19:08
FWIW one type of woke person would take offence to your statement and say to you "woman are capable and responsible adults and can decide for themselves what they want, and men like you should not decide for them". Another woke person might say to you "this type of behavior exemplifies the patriarchal tyranny of our modern society that so many men can behave like this".

Often, non-liberal woke people will hold the two beliefs simultaneously for the same situation, or hold one or the other belief when it is convenient for them to express distaste for the person doing the good/bad things. In all cases they will tell you loudly - to push a narrative or express virtue one might say.
Couldn`t give 2 hoots what someone who is "woke" thinks. To be honest I only found out what it means ~6 months ago.

This [groping a woman like that] is something (IMO) that has always been wrong, not something we are only just waking up too!

Anyway I`ll leave it there, I`ve had my rant :)

nzjrs

Mattchu wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 20:05
Couldn`t give 2 hoots what someone who is "woke" thinks. To be honest I only found out what it means ~6 months ago.

This [groping a woman like that] is something (IMO) that has always been wrong, not something we are only just waking up too!
I'm with you there buddy, I'm just documenting things as a wannabe cultural anthropologist, one who has been observing the woke and the development of social-justice thought for many many years now.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Espresso

Scorpaguy wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 19:08
It appears the only victim was Haas...
Victim? Winner you mean.
Controversial news is part of Haas DNA.

Condemn (name driver here) by some nothingness words. Winn by free P.R.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

godlameroso

Grosjean is going to have a blast racing in America, pun not intended.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

Yesterday evening:

This morning:

Half an hour ago at home.

The Power of Dreams!