[ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

Tsunoda did very well. Gasly will have his work cut out. If Tsunoda does not get a shock promotion to redbull directly.

I can’t understand a word he says though in that post race interview.

Wouter

And again a podium for Yuki! 2th place!! \:D/
He almost became second in the drivers standings! Only 2 points short. :-(

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Well Mr. Tost.... When will be the announcement? :)

The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

AT could have closed the gap considerably to Ferrari in the constructors championship today but somehow threw it away. If I were Red Bull I would sacrifice points to let AT get more with a chance for more prize money...

etusch

ispano6 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 23:25
AT could have closed the gap considerably to Ferrari in the constructors championship today but somehow threw it away. If I were Red Bull I would sacrifice points to let AT get more with a chance for more prize money...
I expect more than AT's. In fact after Verstappen crash I only expected from them. :lol:

Wouter

=D> =D> =D>

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

And he is realy young :twisted:

AT 2021 line up PGasly & YTsunoda we can say.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

The Bahrain outer circuit will be particularly unique due to the short length of a lap, but while it is a layout that has very few corners, it is those corners that Motohashi-san believes will be a key area of focus.

“The biggest challenges are the new corners. For example the simulation says the driver can apply almost full throttle but we don’t know if that’s realistic. If the driver lifts off the throttle then in that case we would need to adjust the energy strategy. The energy strategy depends on throttle application, so if we have some differences between the real world and the simulation it’s very tough, and I can’t completely rely on the expected throttle application in brand new corners before we’ve physically run them.

“At every track we focus on throttle application. If whether the driver needs to keep in the mid-range of the throttle or needs to fully lift makes a massive difference to our energy strategy.”

With harvesting under braking also set to be a big challenge because there are so few braking zones, Friday practice is set to be the most important of the year in terms of learning about the circuit. And it’s not the straights that necessarily demand attention.

“Practice is very important, more important than many others. I don’t know what the track improvement will be or things like that, so it’s difficult to know what will happen on Saturday and Sunday just based on Friday’s data, but we do have some experience from the many races we have done.

“We have been together for three years now and through that period AlphaTauri has been very important for Honda, and we see each other as mutually important partners. We have a very good relationship and it really was a big pleasure to be able to win with them and I’m really happy with how much progress we have made. Especially when you think about next year, I am really looking forward to how much we can achieve.”
https://en.hondaracingf1.com/insights/M ... rcuit.html

etusch

Gasly concern Williams will copy their car :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CIq52--K ... 8lio800xc1

ispano6

Great lap by Kvyat, hopefully both him and Gasly finish strong!

Wouter

=D> =D> =D> I think it is a shame that it will be his last race tomorrow!! :(

The Power of Dreams!

nzjrs

Wouter wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 18:39
=D> =D> =D> I think it is a shame that it will be his last race tomorrow!! :(

Me too. I always liked him.

Sieper

He can be quite fast, a tad too often a bit of the pace. But he held his own against enough drivers who will remain in F1.

Big Tea

I think he has not progressed at RB because he says what he thinks. I have always thought he would fit in well with Gunther Steiner. two of a kind i think
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.