Renault R25

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Irvingthien

Renault R25

Once again Renault revealed their car before if was launched, still pretty much the same except the airbox and the front wing. sidepods look a little square though.

akbar21881

F1racing.net says R25 has a distinctive nose.Whats so distinctive about it?? I see nothing new apart from a very curvy front wing.

KJ
KJ

akbar21881 wrote:F1racing.net says R25 has a distinctive nose.Whats so distinctive about it?? I see nothing new apart from a very curvy front wing.
The nose is much more narrow at the front, much like the McLaren MP4-19.

- KJ

Irvingthien

Yeah, the nose is pretty narrow, didn't noticed it. and check out the stunning rear end, the exhaust outlet is smaller because of the larger area of the gills.

Those are some FAT gills! Bigger than on any other car we've seen ever.

DaveKillens

x
Last edited by DaveKillens on 02 Sep 2009, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.

Steven
Owner

I think this car is somehow a disappointment aerodynamically. It seems to me that there aren't much changes. The front wing looks very big, nothing really special about it I would say.

The front nose indeed makes me think of the MP4-19.
The shark cooling things... well if that doesn't cool the engine nothing will :D

Sidepods don't seem to have changed much apart from that, and I fear that won't be enough to keep up with the rest of the teams who seem to have made serious aerodynamic improvements.

Ciwai

Overall I'm not too surprised at the similarities since the 24 was pretty swoopy and seemingly advanced. The expanse of cooling slots reminds me of the laminar flow wing tests conducted in the early sixties, though on a larger scale--and you would think there's a lot of separation coming off the sidepods with that degree of curvature. But that can't be it. Can it?

Spencifer_Murphy

The sidepods look even tighter, those gills must solve the cooling problems that come as a result of this. The front wing looks quite good...but as on the BAR, I hope this doesn't lead to too much pitch-sensitivity.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

NOone
NOone

Just as with the BAR, it looks life last years car but kinda as if it melted! :?

dumrick

NOone wrote:Just as with the BAR, it looks life last years car but kinda as if it melted! :?
Hot summer in the model workshops in England???? :D :D

sharkie17

i think that has got to be the UGLIEST nose ive ever seen.

joseff

Even compared to the FW26? :D

uzael

Does anyone know if renault is sticking with 72deg engine or whether they're moving to 90 for the 2005 spec engine?
"I'll bring us through this. As always. I'll carry you - kicking and screaming - and in the end you'll thank me. "

icef1mkd

uzael,
90 degrees, I assure you! the 72degree was just a sure concept for 2004, and also a preparation for the 2005 90deg. concept. Renault wows big time that this engine is a beast, we'll see... :o
"You will never know the feeling of a driver
when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings
that cannot be understood."
Ayrton Senna, November 1988