[ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ENGINE TUNER

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

Wouter wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 18:22
Shameful that AlphaTauri didn't give Kvyat a proper goodbye !! :evil:
At least I didn't see anything. Did anybody see it?
Kvyat didn't deserve one, he's crashed so much and cost the team so much in damage.

MtthsMlw

Two years ago he was driving in F4, impressive progression.

etusch

Wouter

Well, what a proper fare well festivities! A simple Tweet!! #-o #-o #-o The should ashame of thereselves!! :evil:

The Power of Dreams!

Espresso

Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Marti_EF3

Great to see again a Japanese driver with Honda!! =D> =D> =D>

maguetox

Marti_EF3 wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 15:17
I only hope he can help the team to bring the team to the next level and not the opposite.

Marti_EF3

maguetox wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 15:39
Marti_EF3 wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 15:17
I only hope he can help the team to bring the team to the next level and not the opposite.
Giving the level he has shown in F2, and the abilities to nurse the tires and overtake, I think the first is more probable. But we will see. Let's start talking mid season, the kid needs first to adapt to F1 a few races

godlameroso

He's quick, I saw the lap times.
Saishū kōnā

Scorpaguy

Assuming the car/team do not dramatically improve or decline, my initial bet is that they will sorely miss Kyv. Tsu seems a great kid...but one that could have done well with another year in F2.

Wouter

Scorpaguy wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 16:32
Assuming the car/team do not dramatically improve or decline, my initial bet is that they will sorely miss Kyv. Tsu seems a great kid...but one that could have done well with another year in F2.
Nonsense. Yuki is to good for F2. If he had not 9 times! bad luck by other drivers during racing, he had a lot more points than Schumacher and Illot in his rookie! year.
The Power of Dreams!

Scorpaguy

Wouter wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 16:36
Scorpaguy wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 16:32
Nonsense. Yuki is to good for F2. If he had not 9 times! bad luck by other drivers during racing, he had a lot more points than Schumacher and Illot in his rookie! year.
...please note I am not doubting his talent, which I rate higher than Illot and MUCH higher than Schumacher. I simply believe he could use a bit of age-induced life (and race) experience. Also, Alpha T has a tendency to eat its young...I hope that does not happen with Tsu.

Hkbruin2

If you compare Yuki to Max, he follows a similar trajectory in that he made a pretty big jump very early in his racing career, but Max was even further ahead of Yuki comparatively. Max ascended from Formula3 straight to TR at age 17 in 2014. Yuki had F4 and F2 seasons and he is 20 years old, so he’s more or less where he is supposed to be? As far as other Japanese drivers, the only other good ones are older and in SuperFormula and aren’t under consideration. Tsunoda is Japan’s next best hope and Honda should stay in F1 to support their future star!

Scorpaguy

Max was very good...even excellent in the lower tiers/formulas. However, Max was darn near phenomenal in F1 almost immediately. Whether such was due to natural evolution or the fact that it is F1's specifics that truly suited him...I do not know. However, I think such debuts in F1 are rare...certainly not seasonal (winning the F2 title does not mean greatness). I hope Tsu is in fact a second, recent lightning strike.

What I fear is that his relative youth/inexperience (yes I am old), F1's disparity in equipment (not as big a factor in F2), and the cut throat mentality in the paddock could dull his edge pretty quickly (heck, Alb appears downright suicidal in recent interviews).

As for Honda...I have been around long enough to see Honda (and BMW) quit time and time again in various motorsports. Personally, I hope RB takes over and succeeds...maybe other small manufacturers will take notice and gain interest.

Wouter

Meet Yuki Tsunoda by Peter Windsor

The Power of Dreams!