Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Moore77

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

I did an excel sheet work and it turns out (best probability exercise), only three team bosses have given 25 (1st place) to Hamilton. 2 have given 18 (2nd) and 4 have given 15 (3rd place). It adds up to 171. That says, how much team bosses thinks it's the car!

Similarly, one team principal has given 18 (2nd place) to Bottas and 7 team bosses have given 1 (10th place) and one has given 2 (9th place). It adds upto 27! Not hard to guess Toto has saved Bottas' a**.

Max - 3 (25) + 1 (18) + 1 (15) + 4 (12).

{EDIT} Only 9 team bosses participated in survey. Binotto was missing. Reworked the list above.
Last edited by Moore77 on 17 Dec 2020, 21:08, edited 2 times in total.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

NathanOlder

Moore77 wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 20:40
I did an excel sheet work and it turns out (best probability exercise), only three team bosses have given 25 (1st place) to Hamilton. 4 have given 15 (3rd) and 3 have given 12 (4th place). It adds up to 171. That says, how much team bosses thinks it's the car!

Similarly, one team principal has given 18 (2nd place) to Bottas and remaining 9 team bosses have given 1 (10th place). It adds upto 27! Not hard to guess Toto has saved Bottas' a**.
Even if Toto gave Bottas 1st, it means the rest gave him 10th, out of 20! So still shows Bottas is top half. me personally hold him around 8th.
But to point out again, this is nothing to do with the car, why do you keep saying it. This is how they all performed over the season in the opinion of the team bosses.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 18:45
So the ten f1 bosses have voted on their top 10 drivers of 2020. Each driver on their lists receives points for where they placed and it was put in to championship order.

Hamilton came out on top.
Bottas was in the top 10.

This is the F1 bosses, so can people who continuously go on about Bottas being the worst driver on the grid please stop now?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... eFNa3.html
He came joint 9th with Gasly... that's actually pretty brutal, F1 bosses are essentially saying the guy in the best car on the grid is the 9th best driver on the grid... :o

NathanOlder

Diesel wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 20:52
NathanOlder wrote:
So the ten f1 bosses have voted on their top 10 drivers of 2020. Each driver on their lists receives points for where they placed and it was put in to championship order.

This is the F1 bosses, so can people who continuously go on about Bottas being the worst driver on the grid please stop now?

He came joint 9th with Gasly... that's actually pretty brutal, F1 bosses are essentially saying the guy in the best car on the grid is the 9th best driver on the grid... :o
Bottas is around 9th best on the grid. who's saying he's better than that? I reckon 8th as I hold him higher than Lando at the moment.

How high was Webber, Rubens ect when they had the best cars. probably around the same number. just inside the top 10.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Moore77

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 20:53
Diesel wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Bottas is around 9th best on the grid. who's saying he's better than that? I reckon 8th as I hold him higher than Lando at the moment.

How high was Webber, Rubens ect when they had the best cars. probably around the same number. just inside the top 10.
9th best performer in the best car on the grid by miles, is as good as plum last in second best car don't you think? Gasly in 7th best car, is also 9th!
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

NathanOlder

Moore77 wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 21:18
NathanOlder wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 20:53
Diesel wrote:

9th best performer in the best car on the grid by miles, is as good as plum last in second best car don't you think? Gasly in 7th best car, is also 9th!
No no no, your not understanding it. Its not a driver/car combo. Its just their driving. They rated Bottas as the 9th best driver on the grid. Forget about the cars. If it included the cars, Russell cant be in the top 10 as he finished very low.

Its quite simple, out of the 20 drivers, who do you think performed the best? and who make up your top 10. Thats what the team principles had to do and they rate Bottas higher than....

Kvyat, Albon, Gio, Kimi, Ocon, Vettel, Latifi, Stroll, KMag and Grosjean.

and thats about right.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

lio007

FrukostScones wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 22:57
ofical,

PER to RB:

https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/ ... Perez.html
No it's not.
Right now it's more on the "it may be announced on 18th"-side of things.
Yes it's highly likely, but not yet official.

djos

rogazilla wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 13:33
There are some unfair assessment here for Red Bull drivers. As for Gasly, it was known he could not set the car up right. At some point he would go so far in extreme that they ended up use Max setup for him. I think that’s one of the reason people forget or dismiss when considering swapping him with Albon this season. On Albon, disappointing season for sure but it was said end of last season and this season also from Horner and Max, that Albon feedback to the car matches Max. He couldn’t drive around it. I think that maybe one of the trait where red Bull would be considering keeping him next to Max.

As for Perez, then it comes down to would you listen to his feedback to develop the car over Max? Answer this question from Newey, Red Bull’s point of view.
Max and Daniel have been the only drivers to really get on top of Newey's V6 hybrid cars, even Vettel couldn't get to grips with them and got destroyed by Daniel in his first year at RBR. For Vettel, it was likely, in large part, due to the loss of the exhaust blown diffuser that he clearly loved and got the most out of.

It's clear that Newey cars aren't the easiest to drive, it takes real 1st class talent - being merely good does not seem to be enough.

Regarding Perez, he's a good driver, but a dirty one imo. There have just been too many incidents where he's tried (and frequently succeeded) to put other drivers into walls etc. It's one thing to make life difficult for other drivers, it's quite another to intentionally push other drivers into walls etc.

As a result, I really don't see Perez being a team player and working well with Max. If RBR do hire him, I fully expect it to be a 1 year deal only and he'll be replaced by Yuki Tsunoda in 2022 (he looks very impressive!).
"In downforce we trust"

LHamilton
LHamilton

A few more rumours that it is Perez to Red Bull. Looks more likely and anything other would be a suprise. For me, Perez is not the solution. Looks to me he is quite similar to Gasly in the way he prefers more understeer in the car. So if the Red Bull car is as tricky as it sounds, I see Perez going down the route of Gasly and I wouldn't put it pass that Albon replaces him at some point during the season (If they go with that shared/dual drive thing). I think that Perez will be roughly at 'Albon/Gasly pace' (not to expected level) in the beginning, and if patience is short with Helmut and Horner, we might find ourselves with a situation where Perez/Albon gets swapped the odd time. It might become even worse than it already is. Exciting times ahead... :D

I do think that Perez will be closer to Verstappen, if given time. Will he be given time though? Only one way to find out. However, I do think that people will find themselves thinking "I expected a little bit more actually", when the season gets underway.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

I think that if the car suits Max and not Sergio, Sergio will be left to look silly. Vice versa, I see the car being changed to help Max. Max is the team's "chosen one" and I'm sure he'll be given preferential support.

I think this will actually work against Red Bull.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

LHamilton
LHamilton

Poor Hulkenberg though. Comes in at the British GP, produces good feedback to get a good upgrade package on the car, only for Perez to take advantage of that and get the Red Bull seat ahead of him :D

Racer X

LHamilton wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 05:55

And Perez learned his mastery of the tires from Kobayashi.

Source: F1 Nation 25:45 mark roughly.

Guess we need to chuck Kobayashi in that Red Bull car :D
And maybe it's a Japanese secret and we should just skip to Tsunoda!
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

PlatinumZealot

nzjrs wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 17:34
PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Dec 2020, 15:49
Perez will be given a one year contract. Albon to sit as test and reserve for one year, staying in the family, til Perez or Gasly can find another seat. Albonwill not get winter testing days because of the shortened testing days.
Link?
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/14639774 ... ull-racing

Well my source is secret but here is a link as u asked.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

djos wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 23:37

Regarding Perez, he's a good driver, but a dirty one imo. There have just been too many incidents where he's tried (and frequently succeeded) to put other drivers into walls etc. It's one thing to make life difficult for other drivers, it's quite another to intentionally push other drivers into walls etc.
Every incident you bring up can be argued. Perez has never maliciously used his car as weapon in the vein of Schumacher and Vettel. The times when he crashed he is usually holding his ground and closing the door.
I am not even a fan and I never saw him as dirty. I think that is unwarranted. He simply held his ground against overly ambitious rivals.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏