Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tangodjango

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Big Tea wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 21:34
ringo wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 21:31
Racer X wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 17:21

I hope Max runs with them in 2022.... With the commitment that RedBull has for winning and Maxes skill.... I hope he continues to push hard with the team until they get a Championship together. I'm a huge fan of hard work and the work he's done is amazing and we'll deserved with stupid risks and mistakes but he's grown to be an amazing talent. Now he's an aggressive but very clinical driver. Which is pure entertainment and wonderful to watch as a Fan.
What happens to Max depends on if Perez beats him. And Perez can beat him if red bull do not meddle. I know Max is faster but it is yet to be seen how he fares against an experienced driver with strong points that are more about operating the car in an optimal range than it is about raw talent.
He held his own against Ricciardo, and that was when he was less experienced. He could get his head in a tiz if Perez ran him too close I suppose though?
Perez will not be able to put him under sustained significant pressure unless he has disastrous reliability and Perez doesn't. Perez is not Schumacher/Hamilton/Alonso and Verstappen is very much a talent of the level of those three
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Restomaniac

FrukostScones wrote:
19 Dec 2020, 10:08
when the source is a Red Bull owned Motorsports Magazine / Website. when RB paid journo (on renowed motosports journo Günther Wiesinger (back in the days at Motosport Aktuell (both mags I actually bought when I was younger)) writes that RB will anounce PER the next day, it is proof of fact, that PER had been signed. At least for me. :mrgreen:
Indeed but some would argue up was down and left was right instead of admitting mistakes.

raymondu999

So Sainz is starting the Ferrari life. Seemed McLaren allowed him off tbe leash early. Any word on other teams and early let-gos?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Manoah2u

FrukostScones wrote:
19 Dec 2020, 10:08
when the source is a Red Bull owned Motorsports Magazine / Website. when RB paid journo (on renowed motosports journo Günther Wiesinger (back in the days at Motosport Aktuell (both mags I actually bought when I was younger)) writes that RB will anounce PER the next day, it is proof of fact, that PER had been signed. At least for me. :mrgreen:
thank you.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

f1jcw

I found McLaren in the Button years very suspect. You had Whitmarsh dissemble Lewis team. They didn’t support Lewis charge in 2012 much preferring to put more working into discovering why Button was slow. The Turkey incident.

And with Perez the incident when Whitmarsh was being interviewed and Buttton barged in

Many people like Button but I found him a political snake, and Whitnarsh practically had the hots for him.

lio007

\:D/ silly season:
Ex-Red Bull driver gets replaced by ex-Red Bull driver at Ferrari, who is also replaced by ex-Red Bull driver, while the original ex-Red Bull driver replaces a non-Red Bull driver, who then becomes a Red Bull driver.

Steven
Owner

All ratings in this topic were deleted, and rating has been disabled.
Subsequent questioning moved to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29566

nokivasara

lio007 wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 14:35
Ex-Red Bull driver gets replaced by ex-Red Bull driver at Ferrari, who is also replaced by ex-Red Bull driver, while the original ex-Red Bull driver replaces a non-Red Bull driver, who then becomes a Red Bull driver.
=D>

Manoah2u

lio007 wrote:
that's awesome
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Sevach

lio007 wrote:
It's been a long, he got out of the program to go to Mclaren, but Sérgio is a Ferrari academy driver.

Wouter

lio007 wrote:
Ah, now I know who you are @lio007! Your other nickname is Callum.
Now we know what you look like. :)

The Power of Dreams!

Scorpaguy

lio007 wrote:
...and yet Ham still wins the 2021 WDC (and Merc the 2021 WCC). Maybe it is time for the other teams to stop playing musical chairs with drivers and develop their cars! Simplistic yes, but beating Merc will not come via signing a talented driver...if that were the case Max would be a multiple world champion. Nor will beating Merc come from trying to "out-Merc" Merc (nice try Racing Point). Merc will be eventually beaten by:
  • their exit after becoming bored or lack of trophy space
  • brilliant engineering from those thinking outside the box (ala blown diffuser)
  • incredibly hard work from a professional, focused, aptly staffed and cohesive team
Of course we cannot get that due to politics, suffocating regulations, and Teams chasing pay drivers to fund poorly performing copies of the W10/W11.

Manoah2u

Wouter wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 18:29
lio007 wrote:
Ah, now I know who you are @lio007! Your other nickname is Callum.
Now we know what you look like. :)

or, you know, this twitter member noticed the post here and thought he'd copy that,
or vise versa, Lio007 thought hey thats a fun quote and post it here........

Manoah2u

anyway, some news outlets are reporting that HAAS is supposedly looking for a replacement for Mazepin even before the first GP, after sponsors are threatening to step out of their deals as they dont want to be associated with Mazepin as it is damaging for their image. It's reported Mazepin has also now removed any links with HAAS on his bio.

That would mean Hulkenberg/Iliott/Shwartzman could end up having that seat instead. I believe Magnussen has found another category to race in, or is he still their reserve driver? If so, that would be funny if he actually gets to drive another season after this debacle.

raymondu999

Sevach wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 13:51
lio007 wrote:
Ex-Red Bull driver gets replaced by ex-Red Bull driver at Ferrari, who is also replaced by ex-Red Bull driver, while the original ex-Red Bull driver replaces a
It's been a long, he got out of the program to go to Mclaren, but Sérgio is a Ferrari academy driver.
Hence... Sergio is the “ non-Red Bull driver, who then becomes a Red Bull driver.” — nothing in your statement contradicts that lol
失败者找理由,成功者找方法