[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

The amount of money needed to develop a PU I think is far more than a title sponsor can offer. Without Honda partly funding it, I don't see that happening

HPD

I don't think it's just a question of "money" for Honda.
I believe that Honda no longer wants to use its facilities and its engineers in the development of F1.
If it was a money problem I'm sure RB would have done something

adrianjordan

godlameroso wrote:
24 Dec 2020, 15:14
If you can count to 4 you can develop rhythm.

Most music is 1 2 3 snare drum.

Breaks are 1, 2, pause, 3,4.
What?

Only music in 4 4 time....and A LOT of music is not in 4 4 time.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

etusch

rogazilla wrote:
24 Dec 2020, 16:17
I can see feedback from drivability but as far as where harvesting happens and where clipping is on the straight, I agree with others that everyone could see it through GPS tracing already. Do F1 driver really get involved with mapping? This is not just ICE mapping but also torque fill with ERS, I don't see how driver really get involved in the nitty gritty. To make transition smooth in adding ERS torque fill and let it fade before harvesting maybe more of a drivability but does driver really get to know the detail on the PU mechanically to provide any useful information?
A driver can say that "I can be faster if I had deployment at x turn" but I think he would say that without calculating where he will lost that power by using it somewhere else. Of course engineers will listen them but at the end math gives better result.
Another fact is that Redbull and Mercedes are different cars, has different behaviours and there are areas Redbull is better because of it's concept and same for merc too (maybe a bit more than Redbull) I don't know if perez could bring usefull knowledge about it(mapping) but it is for sure that nothing can be directly transfered between these cars. İnclude mapping.
Last edited by etusch on 26 Dec 2020, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

etusch

HPD wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 18:22
I believe that Honda no longer wants to use its facilities and its engineers in the development of F1.
Redbull also says development of engine is too expensive to take over..

Hoffman900

etusch wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 18:35
HPD wrote:
Which is pretty incredible, as their real worth is a marketing powerhouse and leveraging ROI. If the ROI isn't there for Redbull, it surely isn't for most manufacturers.

etusch

Hoffman900 wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 19:06
etusch wrote:
HPD wrote:
Which is pretty incredible, as their real worth is a marketing powerhouse and leveraging ROI. If the ROI isn't there for Redbull, it surely isn't for most manufacturers.
Redbull is not selling cars. This makes it a bit different. But I also think there is not enough return as money but maybe just prestige

godlameroso

adrianjordan wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 18:33
godlameroso wrote:

What?

Just saying, it's a good way to start. You have to crawl before you can run.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

HPD wrote:
It's partly money, partly Honda shifting focus to more electrification. The Super GT and Super Formula engines continue being developed, and they surely use some form of pre-chamber tech. Honda is going to continue until the end of 2021, that means it's full steam ahead until then.
Saishū kōnā

Big Tea

adrianjordan wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 18:33
godlameroso wrote:

What?

But the sultans play creole
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Zynerji

etusch wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 19:56
Hoffman900 wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 19:06
etusch wrote:

Redbull is not selling cars. This makes it a bit different. But I also think there is not enough return as money but maybe just prestige
Time to build/ buy a factory and open Alpha Tauri Italian supercars with a toned down, heavier version of the 2019 Honda F1 engine?

I think they could get $1M each. Why wouldn't they? Newey has the experience, now he can do luxury supercars, not stripped down Valkyrie racecars.

godlameroso

Honda is not going out soft, they're putting the best of the best in all their cars. Honda Boss said as much, lots of improvements to be made with Honda and all 4 cars. Why would Honda put anything but the best in their last year?!

I would love to see a Red Bull technology and Honda collaboration, perhaps something to consider if they win together. Honda is rumored to be working on a next gen S2000. A man can dream.
Saishū kōnā

sn809

Agreed but if its anything like the NSX -too expensive it will be a difficult car to sell.
The Honda e-car was really good as well but again too expensive to get mass market acceptance.

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
26 Dec 2020, 04:50
Honda is not going out soft, they're putting the best of the best in all their cars. Honda Boss said as much, lots of improvements to be made with Honda and all 4 cars. Why would Honda put anything but the best in their last year?!

I would love to see a Red Bull technology and Honda collaboration, perhaps something to consider if they win together. Honda is rumored to be working on a next gen S2000. A man can dream.
What version was your s2000, first gen, ap1 or 2 ?

etusch

Zynerji wrote:
26 Dec 2020, 00:24

Time to build/ buy a factory and open Alpha Tauri Italian supercars with a toned down, heavier version of the 2019 Honda F1 engine?

I think they could get $1M each. Why wouldn't they? Newey has the experience, now he can do luxury supercars, not stripped down Valkyrie racecars.
My opinion is;
1 m$ is still too cheap for a car powered with F1 based engine. But I would like to see them to set a company joint undertaking by Redbull Racing and Honda to produce purely track oriented supercars. Fully carbon fiber car designed under management of Newey and redbull engineers with f1 style seamless gb, and v6 or v8 honda engine. Maybe 2 different spec, if you like turbo a v6 turbo option and if you like NA, v8 high revving engine. Under this collaboration they can sell it with high price.