[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NathanOlder

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Albon was behind him. They celebrated when Max crossed the line, and then Albon. Theres no way anyone celebrates a mini sector like that. Otherwise they would be celebrating every Q3 session :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

godlameroso

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 01:03
Albon was behind him. They celebrated when Max crossed the line, and then Albon. Theres no way anyone celebrates a mini sector like that. Otherwise they would be celebrating every Q3 session :lol:
I just checked, Verstappen did cross the line last, so they saw what Hamilton and Bottas did. In fact Verstappen finished his lap some ~15 seconds after Hamilton. But if I'm wrong I'm wrong.
Saishū kōnā

NathanOlder

godlameroso wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 01:11
NathanOlder wrote:
I just checked, Verstappen did cross the line last, so they saw what Hamilton and Bottas did.
No, Albon was behind him, as was Stroll I believe.

They first celebrated when Max went quicker than Bot and Ham
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

godlameroso

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 01:15
godlameroso wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
I just checked, Verstappen did cross the line last, so they saw what Hamilton and Bottas did.

Crossed the line behind Hamilton and Bottas, sorry if I gave the impression he was racing anyone else. Those were Verstappen's mechanics cheering him on after Hamilton and Bottas had finished their laps, and they were watching Max through the mini sectors comparing his run to the Mercedes who had already finished theirs.
Saishū kōnā

NathanOlder

godlameroso wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 07:34
NathanOlder wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Crossed the line behind Hamilton and Bottas, sorry if I gave the impression he was racing anyone else. Those were Verstappen's mechanics cheering him on after Hamilton and Bottas had finished their laps, and they were watching Max through the mini sectors comparing his run to the Mercedes who had already finished theirs.
Of course they were racing others. Norris was 2 tenths off Max, thats close enough to be racing. Plus Stroll was still on a lap, and only a few weeks before this, Stroll took pole off Max when Max thought he had it. So RedBull would know more than most, dont celebrate until its finished.

It makes no sense to celebrate like that when you were behind by the end of the second sector, even if every mini sector after that was purple, they still dont randomly celebrate half way through a sector.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wouter

A few words from a very happy man, Sergio Perez:

This was my 2020 professionally ...
The more adversity, the harder you work!
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 10:13
godlameroso wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Of course they were racing others. Norris was 2 tenths off Max, thats close enough to be racing. Plus Stroll was still on a lap, and only a few weeks before this, Stroll took pole off Max when Max thought he had it. So RedBull would know more than most, dont celebrate until its finished.

It makes no sense to celebrate like that when you were behind by the end of the second sector, even if every mini sector after that was purple, they still dont randomly celebrate half way through a sector.
"Do not believe your lying eyes".
Saishū kōnā

NathanOlder

godlameroso wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 15:07
NathanOlder wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

I think its your eyes doing the lying. Or actually the video redbull posted is out of sync, so maybe its them doing the lying, but its you believing their lies.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wouter

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 00:25
Wouter wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 12:00

What am I missing here ? Why the double celebration ?
RBR has posted those two videos to indicate that everyone has to wait a while and that something will be announced that will make everyone very happy / cheering ( Perez's announcement). No more and nothing less. There is no other message behind it.
The Power of Dreams!

NathanOlder

@Wouter
Yeah that makes sense. Although why play the onboard footage? doesn't matter though. Thanks for the reply.

Just like to add, to clear up the double cheer. The giveaway is the screens in the background. The first cheer is when a redbull crosses the line. (that will be Max) the second cheer is when Albon crosses the line.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Jaisonas

godlameroso wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 00:35
NathanOlder wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 00:25
Wouter wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 12:00

What am I missing here ? Why the double celebration ?
They're watching the mini sectors, and they saw Verstappen gain under braking by the hotel/turn 17.
Its not the mini sectors, It was Verstappen going across the finish line on p1 which you can see on the screen behind them and then confirming he's p1 after albon crossed it. The video is not well timed.

Wouter

Max Verstappen is on vacation in Maranhão with his Dutch friend Mark Cox, Kelly Piquet, Nelson Piquet Jr. and friends.

But sadly his dog Sparky died last night. :cry:

The Power of Dreams!

ryaan2904

Max's messing with the wrong Russian here...
CFD Eyes of Sauron

diffuser

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 16:19
godlameroso wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 15:07
NathanOlder wrote:

I think its your eyes doing the lying. Or actually the video redbull posted is out of sync, so maybe its them doing the lying, but its you believing their lies.
He is older.... :mrgreen: