Happy 2021

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Just_a_fan

Happy 2021

I know some have already started 2021 and the rest of us are still to get there, but hey, here's to a Happy New Year to all on here.

Here's hoping that 2021 is a better year for all.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

lio007

Re: Happy 2021

It can only get better in a lot of aspects!

Happy New Year to all of you!πŸŽ†πŸ·πŸ„πŸ€

the EDGE

lio007 wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 00:45

Is that a pictorial guide to modern diseases?

πŸŽ† - COVID
🐷 - Swine Flu
πŸ„ - Thrush
πŸ€ - Leprosy

Happy new year everyone 🍻

lio007

the EDGE wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 01:38
lio007 wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 00:45

Is that a pictorial guide to modern diseases?

πŸŽ† - COVID
🐷 - Swine Flu
πŸ„ - Thrush
πŸ€ - Leprosy

Happy new year everyone 🍻
:D :D No, not at all. These are typical symbols of good luck around New years Eve!

Scorpaguy

Not to harsh the vibe on this thread, but re 2021...

2020 began with covid infection rates MUCH lower than today's. F1 has published a rather optimistic calendar...yet some several series have already began canceling/delaying events (WRC - Sweden, FE - Santiago, maybe more). When taking into account infection rates, vaccination logistics, probable viral mutation factors, various country health regulations, etc., is it really possible to think this schedule is possible?

I am not trying to be the alarmist, it just seems we have a pandemic situation worse than last year's at this point, yet a more aggressive schedule #-o

Is F1 teeing up a "bubble" system for all of these events...or was this calendar just a wishlist/PR stunt? Will the 2021 reality in fact be another late start and a bit of a 2020 venue rehash?

hUirEYExbN

COVID is less scary now than it was last year; the number of cases is frankly skyrocketing, but for the majority of countries the death rate isn't. I'm not saying this is the right attitude, but people are used to it and not anywhere near as afraid of it as they were last year.

We will likely lose some events, but the calendar isn't likely to be as truncated as last year. I still doubt we'll see events with a large number of spectators though.

Anyway, happy new year all those who celebrate it. I hope this one brings better fortune and what not than the last one did.

Big Tea

hUirEYExbN wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2021, 08:55
COVID is less scary now than it was last year; the number of cases is frankly skyrocketing, but for the majority of countries the death rate isn't. I'm not saying this is the right attitude, but people are used to it and not anywhere near as afraid of it as they were last year.

We will likely lose some events, but the calendar isn't likely to be as truncated as last year. I still doubt we'll see events with a large number of spectators though.

Anyway, happy new year all those who celebrate it. I hope this one brings better fortune and what not than the last one did.
This is partly because the most vulnerable died in the 'first wave'. It also depends on getting the right treatment at the right time, and if there are no beds, it will not happen.
The good news is that from the trials (I think 40k in UK) world wide the oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine NO ONE who had had the single first jab was hospitalised. (after the 14 day period, 2 did when the vaccine was only 'fresh')

I hope too many people do not think there is no need to worry now and go wild, it would be like being killed on the last day of a war.

(https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... hapter-14a)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sieper

Best wishes to all, β€œfriend and foe”. Hope that indeed the vaccine will help quick ish. Until that time, please indeed use mind and keep distance.