[ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
User avatar
Big Tea
165
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Raleigh wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:57 am
Scorpaguy wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:21 pm
Aston Martin announced today they were concluding their WEC GT-pro class participation in an effort to support the F1 project. They of course made a similar announcement re their WEC Hypercar class plans months ago. Aston did state their would be a partnership with ProDrive to continue major support of their WEC GT-am class customers.
Prodrive builds and supports all existing Aston Martin GT cars anyway so that's business as usual.

Prodrive were also very involved with the Valkyrie although they were not going to run the WEC hypercar program, I believe that was going to be through a RBR linkup instead.
Is dave richards still at prodrive? a very useful man to have on your team
I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it-
Voltaire, or several other claimants.

Raleigh
Raleigh
75
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Big Tea wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:17 pm
Raleigh wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:57 am
Scorpaguy wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:21 pm
Aston Martin announced today they were concluding their WEC GT-pro class participation in an effort to support the F1 project. They of course made a similar announcement re their WEC Hypercar class plans months ago. Aston did state their would be a partnership with ProDrive to continue major support of their WEC GT-am class customers.
Prodrive builds and supports all existing Aston Martin GT cars anyway so that's business as usual.

Prodrive were also very involved with the Valkyrie although they were not going to run the WEC hypercar program, I believe that was going to be through a RBR linkup instead.
Is dave richards still at prodrive? a very useful man to have on your team
DR is still the big boss at Prodrive and both Prodrive/David Richards have a long history with Aston Martin, but DR himself isn't directly involved with the separate Aston Martin F1 team (ex-Racing Point).

I wouldn't expect Prodrive or David Richards to step up and run the Aston Martin F1 like they did with BAR Honda but the link exists and more involvement between Prodrive and Aston Martin F1 could happen.

User avatar
Morteza
2612
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

NAPI10
NAPI10
37
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Excited for new chapter of this team =D> =D> =D> =D>

User avatar
Big Tea
165
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

I hope it is not an omen, but I can not help thinking that looks like a headstone waiting for the dates to be added
I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it-
Voltaire, or several other claimants.

User avatar
NathanOlder
166
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

User avatar
PlatinumZealot
531
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Time to open the Aston Martin thread!
. . . . . .. .... ..

User avatar
Zynerji
136
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Big Tea wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:08 pm
I hope it is not an omen, but I can not help thinking that looks like a headstone waiting for the dates to be added
At first, I thought it was made from old pallets...🤣🤣

User avatar
diffuser
237
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

NathanOlder wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:51 pm
https://youtu.be/Hb-jPNFdAHk
No more pink car?

User avatar
Racer X
13
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

diffuser wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:32 am
NathanOlder wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:51 pm
https://youtu.be/Hb-jPNFdAHk
No more pink car?

I predict they won't even bother painting the silver car green and just leave it Silver since Mercedes is black anyways.
RedBull Racing MAX//PEREZ

User avatar
NathanOlder
166
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

diffuser wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:32 am
NathanOlder wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:51 pm
https://youtu.be/Hb-jPNFdAHk
No more pink car?
Nope, I read there will be no pink at all
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

User avatar
raymondu999
151
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Pink was BWT’s corporate color. Aston has previously stated their car will sport British Racing Green — and given BWT is gone I don’t see a source of pink
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

User avatar
Zynerji
136
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

raymondu999 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:19 pm
Pink was BWT’s corporate color. Aston has previously stated their car will sport British Racing Green — and given BWT is gone I don’t see a source of pink
Too bad. British Racing Green and Rose Pink look phenomenal together...

User avatar
Big Tea
165
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

They could do behind the panels pink, like with (white) people
I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it-
Voltaire, or several other claimants.

Macklaren
Macklaren
38
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

raymondu999 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:19 pm
Pink was BWT’s corporate color. Aston has previously stated their car will sport British Racing Green — and given BWT is gone I don’t see a source of pink
Do we know this for sure? Some sources say that BWT is gone...other say that BWT will remain as a smaller sponsor. We may yet see a pink rear wing!