2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Schuttelberg

Re: 2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

The branding so far has been outstanding. Very minimal. Very classy. Just hope they stick to this green and a simple white instead of adding all sorts of neon and a whole heap of other colours. I can unfortunately already see a neon underline but I hope it's limited to just that.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

JordanMugen

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 02:42
DBR1 driven by the likes of Moss, Shelby, Brooks, Salvadori, Brabham, Clark. Won Le Mans in '59.

Looks like the F1 Cars will be "Almond Green" like the above DBR1 and not "British Racing Green". :)

Almond Green race car & DB5:

British Racing Green DB5 & Vanquish:

So hopefully remiss commentators (ahem, Crofty) do not refer to the cars as being in "British Racing Green" when that is another shade entirely in the Aston Martin colour palette. :)

The difference between the colours appears to be that Almond Green is perhaps BRG mixed with metallic silver, to give it a lighter metallic shade. This would have been quite trendy in the early days of metallic paint in the 50's when the above Almond DBR1 and Almond DB5 were rolled out of the Aston Martin paint shop. :)

diffuser wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 23:55
Kind of miss leading in that lost RP and they gained Cognizant, Mercedes and Austin Martin. Those 3 really big sponcers.
Yes, Aston Martin branding can be expected on both sides of the rear wing just like the Red Bull, one suspects. :)

JordanMugen

Schuttelberg wrote:
09 Jan 2021, 00:08
Just hope they stick to this green and a simple white instead of adding all sorts of neon and a whole heap of other colours. I can unfortunately already see a neon underline but I hope it's limited to just that.
But Aston Martin race cars always have neon on them!? :?: :D

Given BWT is still a minor sponsor, some fluorescent pink would accent the BWT decals nicely.

Classy! :shock: :lol:

Schuttelberg

The last picture posted by JordanMugen is the livery I am hoping for with a matte gold to brand. No neon.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Manoah2u

Schuttelberg wrote:
09 Jan 2021, 00:08
The branding so far has been outstanding. Very minimal. Very classy. Just hope they stick to this green and a simple white instead of adding all sorts of neon and a whole heap of other colours. I can unfortunately already see a neon underline but I hope it's limited to just that.
in one of the twitter 'announcement' shorts, specifically the 'vid' where you see the Aston Martin name etc announced with an ongoing curve representing a race circuit, and then two dots on it that represent two race cars on the track, you'll notice the two dots are the same yellowgreenish neon that is in the AMR racing livery, so i'm pretty confident that the livery will be similar to that of the AMR cars.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

fritticaldi

I expect Hackett to come onboard as they are always Aston martin supplier

PlatinumZealot

Rumours say the car will be mostly white /silver with green areas on it. Still have the green look though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

diffuser

PlatinumZealot wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 17:18
Rumours say the car will be mostly white /silver with green areas on it. Still have the green look though.
Not sure why but the recent history of white cars in F1 haven't exactly been eye candy.

nzjrs

diffuser wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 22:42
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Not sure why but the recent history of white cars in F1 haven't exactly been eye candy.
Alpha Tauri is stunning though

diffuser

nzjrs wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 14:42
diffuser wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Forgot about that one. Tru dat. Sauber and Willaims have ruined white F1 cars for me :D .

Schuttelberg

nzjrs wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 14:42
diffuser wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Stunning livery. Stunning overalls. Reminded me a lot of BMW Sauber.

jjn9128

There was never a specific colour - "British racing green" - it's a name which can apply to any British race car painted any shade of green :lol:

It's like "Ferrari red" changing with the times.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Racer X

I am loving everything I see at Aston Martin.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

JordanMugen

jjn9128 wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 12:31
There was never a specific colour - "British racing green" - it's a name which can apply to any British race car painted any shade of green :lol:
I must disagree on this, as above you can order your order your Aston Martin in British Racing Green or Almond Green, and they are very different colours in Aston Martin terminology, which is surely the relevant terminology :wink: . DBR9 Racing Green and Aston Racing Green are other variations on Almond Green used over the years, but they are all much lighter shades than BRG.

Interesting, other British manufacturers seem to use similar definitions. This Almond Green MG TD, looks rather different to this British Racing Green example, wouldn't you say? :D

jjn9128 wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 12:31
It's like "Ferrari red" changing with the times.
I must disagree on this, Rosso Corsa as the traditional Ferrari colour the F1 cars were painted until '96, is a specific colour you can order your late model Ferrari in. :) Here's a 458 Speciale in Rosso Corsa for the Ferrari buyer wanting to match their colour perfectly to the iconic 312T4 or 641.

The darker metallic Rosso Magma as used on the F1 cars in 2008 is another colour entirely, the more fluorescent Marlboro-like red of Rosso Scuderia [the left 360] is a third colour [note how it is much more orange than the Rosso Corsa example on the right], and the 12 other Ferrari red colour options are all specifically named too: https://rossoautomobili.com/blogs/magaz ... errari-red

Just as at McLaren, McLaren Orange (the original, yellowish orange single-coat orange), Papaya Spark, Venutra Orange (a darker metallic orange) and Tarocca Orange (a much darker metallic orange as the F1 cars were painted in '17) are all different colours. The '18 onwards liveries are Papaya Spark and not McLaren Orange which is an important distinction. Perhaps Zak Brown felt the traditional McLaren orange, as per this 1998 test car, would look too yellow on television. :)

Just as at Renault-Gordini and Alpine, there is a heritage to the slightly different French Racing Blues they use (Malta Blue for Renault, a single-stage light blue for Gordini, a darker blue for Alpine), which are comparatively lighter colours to other French constructors.

All this stuff has important meaning... For example the Red H badge on Honda F1 cars and Type R models is the slightly darker, pinkish Milano Red just as it was in the 60's. Nowadays the actual red colour option for the Civic Type R changed to the more tomato-like Rallye Red but the badge is still Milano Red because that is an important piece of history. :)

Wouter

Q&A with Otmar Szafnauer, CEO & Team Principal

--- Otmar, what does it mean to you and the team to race under the Aston Martin name?

--- What makes this new era different from that of the previous iterations of the team?

https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/art ... a-top-team
The Power of Dreams!