2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
the EDGE

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 21:10
the EDGE wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 18:27
Kingshark wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 18:19
Is there anything official about the engine freeze or is it only rumours?
If I am correct...?

There is due to be an engine freeze at the end of 2022, so new engine allowed for this year & again next year

RB wants to freeze after this year so no new engine for 22

Ferrari are in agreement however say there must be a form of power equalisation, probably in the form of less fuel for faster teams

Mercedes are in agreement but say there must be no form of handicap whatsoever

Renault are not in agreement and want the freeze to remain until the end of 2022

I suspect there will be no change to the current plan but who knows... F1 has been a funny old business recently
I don't think this is quite right.
RB wants an engine freeze from the start of the 2022 season,
so that everyone can improve the engine considerably during the winter break.
Renault only wants this after the end of the 2022 season.
This is what I read last.
I don’t think so, Honda leave at the end of this year. They are not developing the engine from the start of this season

This is RB want to freeze from the end of this year

Wouter

the EDGE wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 21:18
Wouter wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 18:27

If I am correct...?

There is due to be an engine freeze at the end of 2022, so new engine allowed for this year & again next year

RB wants to freeze after this year so no new engine for 22

Ferrari are in agreement however say there must be a form of power equalisation, probably in the form of less fuel for faster teams

Mercedes are in agreement but say there must be no form of handicap whatsoever

Renault are not in agreement and want the freeze to remain until the end of 2022

I suspect there will be no change to the current plan but who knows... F1 has been a funny old business recently
I don’t think so, Honda leave at the end of this year. They are not developing the engine from the start of this season

The last message I read is that Honda wants to leave RB well cared for, they now have the entire season to work on the 2022 engine, as no upgrade is allowed during this season. All those upgrades will then be incorporated into the 2022 engine, provided the FIA agrees to the engine freeze at the start of the 2022 season. Honda wants to provide SAT and RBR with the same engines for that season and beyond.
Honda Racing will leave F1 at the end of this season, but Honda Japan is willing to supply engines afterwards.
According to the latest reports, the deal is 90% closed. They have to wait for the FIA.
The Power of Dreams!

the EDGE

Wouter wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 21:45
the EDGE wrote:
Wouter wrote:

The last message I read is that Honda wants to leave RB well cared for, they now have the entire season to work on the 2022 engine, as no upgrade is allowed during this season. All those upgrades will then be incorporated into the 2022 engine, provided the FIA agrees to the engine freeze at the start of the 2022 season. Honda wants to provide SAT and RBR with the same engines for that season and beyond.
Honda Racing will leave F1 at the end of this season, but Honda Japan is willing to supply engines afterwards.
According to the latest reports, the deal is 90% closed. They have to wait for the FIA.
Honda building new F1 engine for 2021 title bid in final year https://www.racefans.net/2020/10/02/hon ... inal-year/

Ive never heard any talk of a new engine for ‘22

RedNEO

the EDGE wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 22:08
Wouter wrote:
the EDGE wrote:

Honda building new F1 engine for 2021 title bid in final year https://www.racefans.net/2020/10/02/hon ... inal-year/

What happened is Honda brought forward there 2022 engine into 2021 to go out with a bang. What Red Bull want is a freeze BEFORE 2022 so no more upgrades from here on. Renault will not allow that at all since they have there 2022 engine for next year they have been working on for years.

Mercedes probably wouldn’t mind a freeze before 2022 because they’ll likely still have the best engine this year but they don’t want equalisation like Ferrari does who wants that on top of a freeze so i doubt they can find a compromise since everyone wants different things

Kingshark

The manufacturers have far too much power in Formula 1

I would far rather have a dictatorship who’s sole interest is what is best for the sport instead of all these teams pushing their own political agendas.

Zynerji

Kingshark wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 03:10

I would far rather have a dictatorship who’s sole interest is what is best for the sport instead of all these teams pushing their own political agendas.
I miss Bernie as well! 😏😏😏

mclaren111

=D> =D>
Zynerji wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 04:02
Kingshark wrote:

Amen... =D> =D>

godlameroso

the EDGE wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 22:08
Wouter wrote:
the EDGE wrote:

Honda has gone on record several times saying they plan to accelerate the introduction of the 2022 engine.
Saishū kōnā

Manoah2u

Just a thought..........let's imagine for a moment...........what if Honda has a monstrously good engine for 2021, and actually become dominant throughout 2021 and beat Mercedes quite profoundly, and Alpha Tauri - also Honda powered - find themselves top 6 finishers too.......perhaps even seeing Tsunoda grab a win in 2021..........

could Honda decide to 'crawl back' and announce that, based upon the recent developments and results, to STAY in F1? or perhaps under ACURA or MUGEN ?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Wouter

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 15:42
Just a thought..........let's imagine for a moment...........what if Honda has a monstrously good engine for 2021, and actually become dominant throughout 2021 and beat Mercedes quite profoundly, and Alpha Tauri - also Honda powered - find themselves top 6 finishers too.......perhaps even seeing Tsunoda grab a win in 2021..........

could Honda decide to 'crawl back' and announce that, based upon the recent developments and results, to STAY in F1? or perhaps under ACURA or MUGEN ?
No, they don't. They have been very clear about that.
The Power of Dreams!

Just_a_fan

mclaren111 wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 09:49
=D> =D>
Zynerji wrote:
Kingshark wrote:

Amen... =D> =D>
Bernie's sole interest was not the sport, only what it could do for his bank balance. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Sieper

and that, is very true. At first he organized the garage teams behind him, that gave them (and him) leverage. Then he took over power and made sure it was him who always profited most. He used Zandvoort last year (in return they voted for him) and after he got they vote he dropped Zandvoort like a brick in a similar fashion. Perhaps the writing was always on the wall but this is how he worked. He certainly saw thing clear, perhaps even was a racer at heart, but the whole agenda just served one purpose, and that was never the collected garage teams.

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 15:42

I think it more likely they would work through, or even create a subsidiary to continue rather than announce they are making a u turn because of (unexpected) success.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Racer X

True it would be really easy for Honda to go but Acura comes in as Acura RedBull F1 Team Branding.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

velizare

Zynerji wrote:
Kingshark wrote:

i do not. bernie was indeed a dictator-like, but he had no clue, what impact will result any changes he forced to the grid. he's stuck in the '80-'90.