2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Ground Effect wrote:I don’t know how reliable Italian Motorsport.com, but they’re putting Mercedes PU gains at 25bhp. Does anybody know how reliable they are with such reports?

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-me ... 1/4934288/
That has been the rumor since the 3rd quarter of last year, read it in different sources (but sometimes they are just repeating themselves)... I tend to believe is true that there is a considerable increase in power from Mercedes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McL-H

I actually dreamed last night that the wintertests were ongoing and everyone was talking about how quick McLaren was and how they could really challenge Mercedes. I watched Whitmarsh doing the interviews (apparently he was team boss :roll:) lowering expectations. Media were talking about questions of other teams about the legality, since the car had changed so much compared to last year.

Oh I wished my dreams would predict the future. Although, Whitmarsh we could surely do without!

Macklaren

McL-H wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 17:44
I actually dreamed last night that the wintertests were ongoing and everyone was talking about how quick McLaren was and how they could really challenge Mercedes. I watched Whitmarsh doing the interviews (apparently he was team boss :roll:) lowering expectations. Media were talking about questions of other teams about the legality, since the car had changed so much compared to last year.

Oh I wished my dreams would predict the future. Although, Whitmarsh we could surely do without!
LOL even with the short break, we are all missing F1 in our own ways!

haza

Does anyone know roughly how much time could potentially be lost through the floor regs and weather McLaren can gain/struggle from it

diffuser

haza wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 18:23
Does anyone know roughly how much time could potentially be lost through the floor regs and weather McLaren can gain/struggle from it

The FIA idea was a 10% drop in DF. It's impossible to tell how much of that they'll be able to claw black. Until you know how they're adapting to the floor changes and how effective they are compared to other teams, we'll have no clue...why Guess?

That's why we have the season.

Ground Effect

billamend wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 16:00
This is really brilliant content, enjoyed it thoroughly. It’s pretty obvious that these guys get quite a bit of enjoyment from their jobs and the opportunity to share and talk about it, even in its limited detail is exciting for them. He seems so natural on camera. I’d love it if they can do something similar with maybe Pete Prodromou and talk a bit of aero.... one can dream
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Ground Effect

I wonder if there’ll be any addition in sponsors, a few might leave though
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

CjC
CjC

Ground Effect wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 19:06
A few already have😬
Just a fan's point of view

ScottR267

Ground Effect wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 19:06

I imagine Zak has no doubt signed up some further sponsors, he always seems too!

the EDGE

billamend wrote:
So car build starts next week, seems a little early to me with 2 months to go to testing

I wonder whether they will use an early filming day to shake the car down in the U.K before shipping out to Bahrain

Original plan was to test at the start of March so there should be plenty of time

It’s a long way to go to discover unwanted surprises and not much time between testing & first race

Emag

Macklaren wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 22:29
<Url>

~3 min mark. That is no doubt the MCL35M in the background, right?
Here is an upscaled and brightened image of the car in the background:

The car was too far out of the video frame to get any important information, so it is difficult to draw a conclusion. But I would say it's the MCL35 and not MCL35M.

SmallSoldier

the EDGE wrote:
billamend wrote:
So car build starts next week, seems a little early to me with 2 months to go to testing

I wonder whether they will use an early filming day to shake the car down in the U.K before shipping out to Bahrain

Original plan was to test at the start of March so there should be plenty of time

It’s a long way to go to discover unwanted surprises and not much time between testing & first race
Since they are very limited in regards to what can be done to the chassis, they don’t have to push initial assembly too far into the future... The aero work will probably continue until the last possible minute.

SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 22:29
<Url>

~3 min mark. That is no doubt the MCL35M in the background, right?
Here is an upscaled and brightened image of the car in the background:

The car was too far out of the video frame to get any important information, so it is difficult to draw a conclusion. But I would say it's the MCL35 and not MCL35M.
I doubt the MCL35M has any livery on it at this point, so yes, that’s the MCL35 (It would seem to still carry the Estrella Galicia stickers in the rear wing)

Emag

SmallSoldier wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 22:27
I doubt the MCL35M has any livery on it at this point, so yes, that’s the MCL35 (It would seem to still carry the Estrella Galicia stickers in the rear wing)
Yeah, plus it is extremely unlikely McLaren's social media team would release sensitive information to the public like this

haza

Emag wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 22:49
SmallSoldier wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 22:27
Yeah, plus it is extremely unlikely McLaren's social media team would release sensitive information to the public like this
Not only that chassis one isn’t even in the assembly room yet if you watch the video they explain a lot