2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Racer X

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

etusch wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 19:23
there is nothing important but if you want to read...
WHAT WILL RED BULL’S ‘NOT A HONDA’ F1 ENGINE BE CALLED?

Red Bull’s takeover of the Honda Formula 1 engine means it will manage its own engine project for the first time – but what will it be called?

F1 history has plenty of examples of engines not being called what they really are, and the-engine-formerly-known-as-Honda will join that list in 2022.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/what-wil ... rPjqOmrdAw
Mugen?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Ground Effect

The Red Bull guys are something else, like they’re from a different planet!
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Racer X

Ground Effect wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 13:11
The Red Bull guys are something else, like they’re from a different planet!
Like they have wings?

Anyways

On a different note but speaking of wings:
It seems Max and Checó have private jets so does Christian and Marko..... I wonder if they will
"Jet-pool" or each fly in their own private Jets to the same locations....

Take turns flying on each other's jets?
(What a nice problem to have)

Wouter

Racer X wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 13:17
On a different note but speaking of wings:
It seems Max and Checó have private jets so does Christian and Marko..... I wonder if they will
"Jet-pool" or each fly in their own private Jets to the same locations....

Take turns flying on each other's jets?
(What a nice problem to have)
I thought Perez lives in Switzerland during the racing season. Can anyone confirm that?
The Power of Dreams!

Racer X

Wouter wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 13:44
I thought Perez lives in Switzerland during the racing season. Can anyone confirm that?
He said he was willing to relocate to where ever RedBull needed him. So I assumed he moved somewhere convenient to RedBull.

Wouter

Honda’s Ayumu Iwasa set to be revealed as a Red Bull junior
written by Elliot Wood 12 January 2021

Red Bull has signed Honda-backed Ayumu Iwasa, the 2020 French Formula 4 champion, to its Formula 1 junior team.

The 19-year-old Japanese racer has been in single-seaters since 2017, and was first linked to Red Bull late last year, just as compatriot Yuki Tsunoda was signed to race for AlphaTauri in F1.

Red Bull’s website has listed Iwasa for several weeks despite no official announcement, and Formula Scout has learned that the teenager has officially been signed.

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/juniorte ... yumu-iwasa

After Ayumu Iwasa the next driver in the RB Junior Formula Series is announced.
Arvid Lindblad, Date of birth 2007-08-08 London
Resides in Virginia Water (Surrey) - UK, Height & Weight 1m 65cm & 52kg

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/juniorte ... d-lindblad

“My dad has always been very involved in my racing; in the early stages he was my mechanic in England but once I started racing nationally we moved to one of the more established teams.”
“My dad has always done things his way and not been influenced by what others are doing. He always encourages me to do the same. This approach has been central to my karting path. From the start, my dad emphasised the need for me to develop good driving skills and I worked with some of the best driver coaches in the UK to develop these.”

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Racer X wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 14:16
Wouter wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 13:44
He said he was willing to relocate to where ever RedBull needed him. So I assumed he moved somewhere convenient to RedBull.
Yes, I read that, but I like to know where he now lives besides Mexico.
The Power of Dreams!

Racer X

Wouter wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 14:32
Honda’s Ayumu Iwasa set to be revealed as a Red Bull junior
written by Elliot Wood 12 January 2021

That's wonderful for the driver! Good for him!
I hope he gets to be properly developed! With a fair opportunity!

Lock2nl

If you cut off a piece of the floor, the amount of downforce will be reduced given all other factors remain equal. Creating more volume underneath the floor with a higher rake could compensate for this loss. Ergo, RB could have an advantage. However, there is no such thing as all other factors remain equal. The dimensions of the diffuser will change. If Mercedes highly depended on much more sophisticated holes to seal of the airflow, losing these holes could affect Mercedes more than Red Bull. But we do not know that, do we? On the other hand, the new floor will be further away from the rear wheels. I expect turbulence from the wheels to be less destructive for the sealing of airflow underneath the floor. So how bad is to lose the effect of these aero components? I do not know.
PW said a large part of this years' Red Bull problems came from the narrower front part of the car. Something Max hinted at as well. Who is to say what happens if they fix that on the 2021 car? I certainly cannot.
So, we will just have to wait.

I do believe rake will become less important once the 2022 cars are introduced. Personally, I would have loved to see those ground effect cars in 2021. But we all know that isn't going to happen....

etusch

Racer X wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 13:10

Mugen?
I think it will not be only Redbull's decision and will be one of items of agreement between Honda & Redbull to keep going with the engine

Zynerji

etusch wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 18:13
Racer X wrote:

Mugen?
I think it will not be only Redbull's decision and will be one of items of agreement between Honda & Redbull to keep going with the engine
If RBR are close/ahead of Merc this year, I don't see them fully pulling out (2009 still haunts, I'm sure).

They can't let RBR win with an un-branded Honda engine after taking years of abuse over its shortcomings.

It will be like Honda North America or something that picks up the IP, not RBR IMHO.

nzjrs

Zynerji wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 23:41
etusch wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 18:13
Racer X wrote:

Mugen?
If RBR are close/ahead of Merc this year, I don't see them fully pulling out (2009 still haunts, I'm sure).

They can't let RBR win with an un-branded Honda engine after taking years of abuse over its shortcomings.

It will be like Honda North America or something that picks up the IP, not RBR IMHO.
I think the RB Honda relationship has be practically free of abuse, no?

Or do you mean the McLaren years too?

Racer X

I think he means the past failure of 2009 and then returning to fail with McLaren.

So leaving with some RedBull success would be ideal.

Wouter

Perez has been working with the people from RBR all last week and Max has picked up the thread again in Monaco
after his vacation and has started training again with his trainer Bradley Scanes.
These are images from a fan account.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Because there is no topic for the RB16B yet and this does not belong in the RB16 topic,
I have posted it here for this moment. From the Japanese Autosport Web.

https://www.as-web.jp/f1/662282?all

Google Translated English: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 2282%3Fall

Red Bull F1, 2021 model machine is named "RB16B", but plans a big change from the previous year model

"Most of the chassis remains the same, the suspension elements are the same, and the gearbox is the same as last year. Basically, what changes is the clothes you wear, the aerodynamics."

The new rear suspension geometry, used late in the 2020 season, is intended to more efficiently manage the flow of air to the diffuser as the ride height changes, sources said. Red Bull uses a high rake concept that stands out compared to other teams, so the rear ride height changes significantly over its rivals' machines. If the air flow becomes more consistent even if the rear ride height changes, the behavior of the machine will be more predictable and nervousness will be suppressed. Therefore, it will be easier for drivers to always push without facing a situation where the rear downforce level suddenly changes.

To achieve this, Newey is also hoping to change the casing of the gearbox, which will regain the downforce lost under the 2021 regulations.

Red Bull is also expected to change the rear wing pillars from double to single, which also means improving the air flow to the rear of the machine. The team has already tested the design late in the 2020 season.

With so many changes, the rear of the RB16B is likely to be significantly different from the previous year's model, but the front area is also expected to undergo important modifications. Following Mercedes, Newey found that moving to the concept of a thin nose cone wasn't as easy as it first thought, and redened the underside of the machine front to improve air flow under the floor and to the diffuser.
2020 Abu Dhabi nose.
The Power of Dreams!