2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

They'll likely agree to a freeze, if the engines are close enough, they can allow development for teams that are behind then lock in performance for the next 3 years.
Saishū kōnā

_cerber1

the EDGE wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 20:37
Sadly I only see this going 1 way, engine freeze with performance balance

FIA 10 - want level playing field
F1 10 - want level playing field
RB 1 - want engine freeze
At - 1 want engine freest
Honda 1 - will side with RB/AT
Ferrari 2 - want to be on par with MB
HASS 1 - will side with Ferrari
AT 1 - will side with Ferrari

Total 27 - vote passed
Can Honda vote on a 2022 regulation that they won't participate in?

toraabe

Wouter wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 10:18
For the Spanish speakers among us. :-)

Being part of the Red Bull family is a dream, the opportunity of a lifetime!

I am sure that Perez will prove quicker than anticipated,
If he also proves quicker than Verstappen in qualifying it will be interesting ;)

Big Tea

toraabe wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 11:56
Wouter wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 10:18
For the Spanish speakers among us. :-)

Being part of the Red Bull family is a dream, the opportunity of a lifetime!

I am sure that Perez will prove quicker than anticipated,
If he also proves quicker than Verstappen in qualifying it will be interesting ;)
I think he is being somewhat over rated. He is solid no doubt, but so are most F1 drivers.
I am open to him proving me wrong, and look forward to seeing him battle Max, and maybe some fireworks
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ME4ME

He'll get his fair chance at Red Bull, so I guess we'll find out. Will be interesting to see how he'll perform. I rate him as a very solid racer, unspectacular but effective. It's in Red Bulls interest to make it work. Both from a WCC perspective and also from a development perspective - to keep the pressure on Mercedes so they can't flick the switch and turn all resources towards 22 after the first race.

djones

I suspect Perez will lose quite badly in the qualifying battle.

But I would not be surprised at all if his consistency meant he had more points in the championship at the end.

JordanMugen

the EDGE wrote:
Snorked wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 20:01
Development freeze vote to take place on Jan 25th

34 voters, including all teams, engine manufacturers, FIA and commercial rights holders.

https://racingnews365.com/formula-1-tea ... january-25

Majority of 27 required to secure an engine freeze.

FIA - 10 votes
Liberty - 10 votes
Teams - 1 vote
Engine M - 1 vote

Total 27 - vote passed
Why sadly? That's good, that's excellent news! =D> =D>

Great for the engine manufacturers to no longer be throwing money into a bottomless pit, all the manufacturers including RB-Honda, Renault, Ferrari and Mercedes-HPP should be well pleased with that outcome. :)

It would not be unwelcome to have similar mandated targets for aero drag and aero downforce too, like in LMHypercar. ;) That would allow the constructors to stop throwing money into a bottomless aero money pit too.

There would still be scope to tune things away from the homologation reference points, but it should create a closer field and better racing. :)

JordanMugen

Juzh wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 23:50
Even if this vote passes, what happens when new engine regs kick in? Back to renault? So all of this is just delaying it for a few years?
The new power units will have a capped development budget under the regulations of $50m, so Red Bull Racing will be able to afford to build their own without issue. :)

El Scorchio

djones wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 14:00
I suspect Perez will lose quite badly in the qualifying battle.

But I would not be surprised at all if his consistency meant he had more points in the championship at the end.
I agree. I suspect qualifying will be in Verstappen's favour, but Perez's real value will come through in the races.

I just hope they do give a level playing field and equal backing to both drivers.

JordanMugen

Wouter wrote:
19 Jan 2021, 14:35
Nice read, an interview with Max.
Well of course, but all too often Albon was driving the car as if he was afraid he was going to crash -- because all too often he did crash!

Not that Alex is afraid of crashing, but all too often the car seems too unpredictable for him and he wasn't able to hustle it with confidence it would stick. When he could hustle the car, like in Abu Dhabi, he wasn't too bad (still too slow, but not so far off the pace). :)

For those hyping up Perez and presuming Perez would outscore Verstappen over a season, it would be amusing if Perez indeed turns out to be on the level of Ocon -- as past evidence suggests -- and therefore even a notch slower than Ricciardo who was slightly slower than Max, and therefore Perez would be far from defeating Max... ;)
Last edited by JordanMugen on 22 Jan 2021, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

JordanMugen

El Scorchio wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 18:38
I just hope they do give a level playing field and equal backing to both drivers.
Of course they will, they always have. :) Perez will need to drive with a similar setup to Verstappen of course, as resources can't be wasted on wildly diverging settings, and Perez may find himself testing out alternate tyres in the races from time to time as Albon did, but Red Bull always provide good engineering support and quick pit stops to support Perez's and Albon's races.

the EDGE

JordanMugen wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 18:23
the EDGE wrote:
Snorked wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 20:01
Development freeze vote to take place on Jan 25th

34 voters, including all teams, engine manufacturers, FIA and commercial rights holders.

https://racingnews365.com/formula-1-tea ... january-25

Majority of 27 required to secure an engine freeze.

FIA - 10 votes
Liberty - 10 votes
Teams - 1 vote
Engine M - 1 vote

Total 27 - vote passed

Great for the engine manufacturers to no longer be throwing money into a bottomless pit, all the manufacturers including RB-Honda, Renault, Ferrari and Mercedes-HPP should be well pleased with that outcome. :)

It would not be unwelcome to have similar mandated targets for aero drag and aero downforce too, like in LMHypercar. ;) That would allow the constructors to stop throwing money into a bottomless aero money pit too.

There would still be scope to tune things away from the homologation reference points, but it should create a closer field and better racing. :)
This is F1, not a spec series, however as you say, it is 1 step closer to it

Seeing as this website is entitled F1Technical & not F1fandom I would have thought everyone here would not be in favour of moving to a spec series

50% of my enjoyment from F1 comes from the teams competing to make the best car or the best PU, BOP is not a route I want the sport to go down on either PU or aero

And as for Mercedes or Renault being happy? Are you serious? They spend millions on making their PU and are told well done lads, your reward is Ferrari can use more fuel/hour than you as they didn’t do a very good job. They will be furious not elated

lio007

I've got the RBR newsletter 2 hours ago (for the first time) which also included their partners and sponsors.

And I've noticed Heineken in the list:

As it was my first newsletter, I'd like to know if Heineken was there before or if it's new.

CjC
CjC

the EDGE wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 19:53
JordanMugen wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 18:23
the EDGE wrote:

Total 27 - vote passed

This is F1, not a spec series, however as you say, it is 1 step closer to it

Seeing as this website is entitled F1Technical & not F1fandom I would have thought everyone here would not be in favour of moving to a spec series

50% of my enjoyment from F1 comes from the teams competing to make the best car or the best PU, BOP is not a route I want the sport to go down on either PU or aero

And as for Mercedes or Renault being happy? Are you serious? They spend millions on making their PU and are told well done lads, your reward is Ferrari can use more fuel/hour than you as they didn’t do a very good job. They will be furious not elated
Totally agree.
F1 has always been a case of the ‘haves’ and the ‘have nots’ which go around in a big circle.
Also F1 doesn’t have a shortage of fans as it is so why do we need to ‘fix it’ to Red Bulls favour?
Just a fan's point of view

the EDGE

CjC wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 20:28

Totally agree.
F1 has always been a case of the ‘haves’ and the ‘have nots’ which go around in a big circle.
Also F1 doesn’t have a shortage of fans as it is so why do we need to ‘fix it’ to Red Bulls favour?
Very good point indeed. I tell you what else really irks me too...

Ferrari get caught cheating by most probably breaking the 100kg/per hour fuel limit rule, get away with it punishment free, then a year later the FIA pulls a master stroke and say don’t worry Ferrari, we’ll change the rules so you can basically do within the rules what you got caught cheating for