2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

For what it's worth, I had a particularly nasty version of it last year. I could barely walk up the 7 flights of stairs to my apartment for almost a month. I'm back to doing 60 per day, and I haven't had so much as a sniffle since then, not everyone may have the same positive outcome, but at least there's some anecdotal evidence getting it, and recovering, protects you to some extent.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :)

Also I hope Pierre will get well soon!!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... BwKr4.html

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Image ..... Image
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

AlphaTauri organizes six private tests for F1 newcomer Yuki Tsunoda.

Last week Tsunoda completed two test days in Imola, this week it is Misano's turn. Next week we're going to Imola again. "When Yuki got the super license after finishing third in Formula 2 last year, it was clear that we had to find an appropriate winter test program for him," said Tost.

Honda challenge for AlphaTauri tests

It wasn't that easy to get the car ready for use. The problem is the engine, which has to be run by Honda engineers and mechanics who are not part of the team in Italy. "It was a huge effort," says Tost. "We brought the mechanics here three weeks ago. They were then in quarantine for two weeks, otherwise it won't work."

The effort should be worth it, as the Austrian team boss calculates: "With this he [Yuki] should have covered around 3,000 kilometers in a Formula 1 car by the start of the season and at least roughly understand what it's about." That corresponds to around ten race distances on six test days.
https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/form ... a-f1-2021/
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Can you describe the best and the worst moments in your career?

YT – The worst was in 2016, when I was doing the Honda Junior Driver Test and I came third. Normally Honda takes the first two drivers to move to Formula 4. I had discussed the test with my father and had decided that if I did not get through, I would give up racing. But the person in charge was former F1 driver Satoru Nakajima. He was watching from the outside of the chicane and he recommended me to Honda and that’s why I got a Formula 4 drive with Honda. So, it was down to him. The best moment was Monza in Formula 3 in 2019. I think I would not have been in F2 the following year without that win. It was my first win in Europe so I have many happy memories from that day.
Good call Nakajima-san!
https://www.scuderiaalphatauri.com/en/a-chat-with-yuki/

Wouter

AlphaTauri gets new parts from Red Bull 'for free' due to loophole.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/77604/al ... phole.html

AlphaTauri gets a new nose in 2021

In terms of aerodynamics, however, no stone remains unturned with the AT02. The aerodynamicists in Bicester, England, have overhauled the front wing, underbody, side pods, rear wing and engine cover.

There is also a new nose. The racing team issued the two development tokens for this. Because it's not just an aerodynamic element. The nose acts as a front crash structure. An adjustment costs just two tokens.

From this it can be concluded that AlphaTauri is also converting to a narrow nose.
https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/form ... ent-token/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

adrianjordan

godlameroso wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 23:09
For what it's worth, I had a particularly nasty version of it last year. I could barely walk up the 7 flights of stairs to my apartment for almost a month. I'm back to doing 60 per day, and I haven't had so much as a sniffle since then, not everyone may have the same positive outcome, but at least there's some anecdotal evidence getting it, and recovering, protects you to some extent.
More than anecdotal. The number of actual confirmed repeat infections - that is a confirmed initial infection followed by a confirmed full recovery and then a confirmed second infection - worldwide is still less than 100.

The prevailing theory amongst the medical articles I'm reading is that the majority of people who are "catching it again" actually have Long Covid and the infection was just at a lower, undetectable, level in their system in the interim period.

There is also a well regarded theory going around that for healthcare staff who have had Covid and tested positive for antibodies, the repeat low level exposures convey a lasting immunity. Certainly I still had detectable levels of antibodies 9 months post recovery. (Can't test again now as I've had the vaccine so it would be meaningless).
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

nzjrs

adrianjordan wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 18:22
godlameroso wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 23:09
More than anecdotal. The number of actual confirmed repeat infections - that is a confirmed initial infection followed by a confirmed full recovery and then a confirmed second infection - worldwide is still less than 100.

The prevailing theory amongst the medical articles I'm reading is that the majority of people who are "catching it again" actually have Long Covid and the infection was just at a lower, undetectable, level in their system in the interim period.

There is also a well regarded theory going around that for healthcare staff who have had Covid and tested positive for antibodies, the repeat low level exposures convey a lasting immunity. Certainly I still had detectable levels of antibodies 9 months post recovery. (Can't test again now as I've had the vaccine so it would be meaningless).
Are you making two points or are you conflating antibody and PCR testing here?

At least my molecular biologist PhD friend who has had it twice was PCR tested, which as you know doesn't have a (under) sensitivity problem. I doub't he could be one of the 100, so it's not plausible to me that it's so rare as people say.

Wouter

Pierre and his trainer Pyry Salmela have finally been able to train together again.
Looks like their training camp is over now.

The Power of Dreams!

Manoah2u

Whoa, Pyry does not skip leg day! Good to see Pierre in good health.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Wouter

Yuki was a few days at South Garda Karting training for the F1 season begins.
Yesterday he was trained by the great Davide Forè.

davide_fore
Thanks Yuki. A nice experience and good drive for you today.
Next time we do again and we will go a bit faster.💪👌.
Focus in your season. Good luck mate. I am available every time you need. 🔝

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Well, Daniil Kvyat is no longer a member of AlphaTauri and this morning he is leaving Monaco for a long journey.
Does anyone know where he is going to? Racing in the US?
Now finally Kelly lives in Monaco with his daughter, he is or has to be leaving. :(
Translated from Italian: The suitcase on the bed is that of a long journey.

The Power of Dreams!

Manoah2u

Max stole his seat, stole his GF, stole his job as daddy, and now stole his hometown?
I've always felt a bit for Daniil. I have no idea on what he's going to do either to be fair.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"