2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

Chinese company reportedly interested in acquiring Aston Martin

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/77215/ch ... troll.html

Maybe Stroll or Seb won't be around for too Long? Guangyou Zhou might be in the cards if this happens...

Question is, should I buy this stock...

Manoah2u

ispano6 wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 18:08
Chinese company reportedly interested in acquiring Aston Martin

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/77215/ch ... troll.html

Maybe Stroll or Seb won't be around for too Long? Guangyou Zhou might be in the cards if this happens...

I would say this is just a case of 'investment' and AM using money where it is offered, and IF worthwile to persue.
Compare it to Mclaren being owned -in part- by Arab investors.

There aren't any Bahraini Arab or Middle Eastern drivers in a Mclaren either.

I think it does make sense for it to happen, BYD investing.
Not a bad thing though, it's a bit pompeous to claim Stroll's career wil end soon, no way at all.
Stroll will remain part of the team, and for the time being, Lance won't go anywhere either.

It was announced that there is a vision/path that AM(R) is taking, and this doesn't surprise me one bit.

If this deal comes through, then expect BYD to be futured on f.e. front wing end plates, airbox, rear wing end plates, mirrors. That would be enough to gain that extra 'exposure' they'd be interested in, and as for the rest, well, then Aston Martin will be part of BYD anyway, and as mentioned, Daimler is also in the mix.

It makes sense as a business platform investment. Won't have much influence to the race team, nor will it do MUCH in the automotive industry either.

What it will do is both gain more exposure for BYD itself and all it's marques and future models that are in the pipeline, both in Europe as in the entire globe (specifically electric vehicles), and I'm sure it makes it also 'easier' to 'introduce' Aston Martin itself more to the Chinese/Asian market.

Remember for example Lotus. Which used to be - and perhaps still is, as i haven't been keeping tabs - owned by Proton and Geely in the past. Not that in that case, there was an 'agressive expension' plan, which does currently exist with Aston Martin, but it's an example of how a 'business' can invest/own a brand.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Scorpaguy

ispano6 wrote:
....well, on a lark I bought $500 bucks worth when it "crashed" to $5/share (thinking that it could not go lower than that and the Stroll cash infusion had just been announced). Since then it sank to as low as $0.35/share. I think it was in December that it underwent an 20-1 reverse stock split...so I now awn about 5 shares rather than 100 (and lost about $400 in the process). Still, I guess I can say I am a partial owner of AM.

Big Tea

Scorpaguy wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 20:23
ispano6 wrote:
....well, on a lark I bought $500 bucks worth when it "crashed" to $5/share (thinking that it could not go lower than that and the Stroll cash infusion had just been announced). Since then it sank to as low as $0.35/share. I think it was in December that it underwent an 20-1 reverse stock split...so I now awn about 5 shares rather than 100 (and lost about $400 in the process). Still, I guess I can say I am a partial owner of AM.
Even dead cats bounce :evil:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Starscreamer

Hope that the livery looks like this =D>
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

NAPI10

Starscreamer wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 13:47
Hope that the livery looks like this =D>
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsMhrTCXIAI ... name=large
Looks amazing =D> =D> =D>
There will be few stripes of 'Blue' as well; courtesy 'Cognizant'.

fritticaldi

If the Chinese buy Aston Martin the cars will be red with a fire breathing dragon.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

NAPI10

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1-ne ... ambitions/

Are there any key personnel moved to AM?

the EDGE

The 2021 Aston Martin Formula 1 car will feature a new monocoque design, with the ex-Racing Point team opting to spend its development tokens on a modified survival cell.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/aston-ma ... ival-cell/

Could this be to fit the Mercedes 2020 front suspension?

ispano6

the EDGE wrote:
05 Feb 2021, 23:32
The 2021 Aston Martin Formula 1 car will feature a new monocoque design, with the ex-Racing Point team opting to spend its development tokens on a modified survival cell.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/aston-ma ... ival-cell/

Could this be to fit the Mercedes 2020 front suspension?
Did the 2020 Mercedes front suspension differ much when they used and didn't use DAS?

senja

I think they changed side impact for high sidepod inlets.

fritticaldi

Early reports indicate that the similator tests done by Sebastian Vettel have concluded that the new car isnt suited to his driving style. Apparently the rear of the car dances in cornering. Vettel has struggled with cars that arent tailored to the way he drives. We will get the full picture in the upcoming pre-season tests.

jumpingfish

fritticaldi wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 11:32
... the new car isnt suited to his driving style. Apparently the rear of the car dances in cornering. ...
Again?? Or is it a joke?

Manoah2u

How can you take that serious, there hasn't been driven a single mile with the new cars.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"