2021 FIM MotoGP WC

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Cuky

2021 FIM MotoGP WC

Soon new season will start so I decided to open a new topic.

MotoGP Entry List

Moto2 Entry List

Moto3 Entry List

Calendar

It should be noted that since calendar was published 2nd and 3rd round of the championship were postponed for later in the season. Because of that Qatar will host 2 rounds with Portugal coming in as round 3 (if pandemic allows it though).

Original calendar can be found HERE

Esponsorama Racing was the first team to reveal their bikes for 2021. Yesterday they have presented their two riders, Luca Marini and Enea Bastianini, who will ride 2020 Ducati machines. Marini will continue with his #10 and will be riding in Sky VR46 colors, while Bastianini will now use #23 and will compete in Avintia colors
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/02/ ... nes/360773

Other confirmed presentation days are as follows:
Mission Winnow Ducati - 9th February @ 16:00 CET
Red Bull KTM Factory Racing and Tech3 KTM Factory Racing - 12th February @ 10:00 CET
Monster Energy Yamaha Team - 15th February @ 10:30 CET
LCR Honda Castrol - 19th February @ 12:00 CET
LCR Honda Idemitsu - 20th February @ 10:00 CET
Repsol Honda Team - 22nd February

etusch

Re: 2021 FIM MotoGP WC

NathanOlder

Will Marc be ready, and if he is, will he be the same ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Starscreamer

Moto2
+
N#64 Bo Bendsneyder :D
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Cuky

NathanOlder wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 23:45
Will Marc be ready, and if he is, will he be the same ?
Well, according to rumors he is going to be ready for pre-season testing in Qatar and according to others he might not be ready before June/July. So it remains to be seen.

Looking at his social media, Instagram to be exact, he's started working out again, though he's keeping his right arm at bay for now.

And he still hast to go through treatments as well

Ringleheim

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

Ducati to be unveiled tomorrow!

I am currently working on the Tamiya 1/12 kit of the Repsol Honda RC213V '14 to help ramp up for the new season.

Ryar

https://the-race.com/motogp/the-four-th ... e-in-2021/

THE FOUR THINGS THAT DUCATI NEEDS TO CHANGE IN 2021

Good article.
Hakuna Matata!

Cuky

That is a nice Honda model there. I was looking at doing one like that myself (though I'm more interested in Yamaha myself) but I just can't find the will to start on with a project like that :D

Anyways, here is a new Ducati GP21 bike in all new "more red" livery with Lenovo as a new title sponsor. Mission Winnow is still listed as sponsor, but I can't find it anywhere on the bikes.

etusch

etusch

Andres125sx

Painting any part of a carbon fiber piece in black should be punished with some days of jail. Carbon fiber is BEAUTIFUL, covering with a monotone and boring black paint adds nothing but weight and makes it standard, when it´s special

Cuky

isn't carbon fiber unpainted under the numbers and on the rear? Only painted black parts are Lenovo logos

Cuky

Not much has changed for KTM Factory team in regards with livery. A tiny bit more of orange, but that is all as far as I can see

Tech3 KTM Factory team is no longer sponsored by Red Bull so they've lost their blue-silver-red Red Bull Cola livery. New livery is great combination of orange and black, kinda reminding me of early '00s Arrows cars. One glaring issue though is a lack of sponsors on their bikes.

I also like their leathers

Cuky

The team with the least changes to the looks of their bikes and leathers so far: Monster Energy Yamaha. Basically the same livery and the same leathers as last two years with only difference being that on one bike instead of yellow #46 is now a red #20 and that rider of the said bike has red flashes on his leathers instead of yellow

etusch

Oh Boy!
Vinales: Yamaha can be “one complete MotoGP team” post-Rossi
We were not all as one, and I think with Esteban [Garcia, crew chief], also Lin [Jarvis, managing director] and Maio [Meregalli, team manager] what we are trying to do is take the 20 or 24 guys that are working inside the team to make it one team.

“And for me I think this is more important to keep the good mood, the good feeling.

“After the previous years, it’s been difficult because it was Valentino’s team, my team.

“Now I think we have the opportunity to be one complete team and to go forward in the same direction with both riders and I think to accomplish what we are able to do, because you can see in one race we are super good and the next race we are bad.

“For me it’s difficult to believe the bike can change so much from one track to the next.

“So, first we have to up step all these problems we have, and for sure the results will come alone because we have the speed, we have good qualifying, we have good races, good rhythm.
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... n=widget-6