Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Morteza

Re: Livery thread again!

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

JordanMugen

Alfa Romeo above McLaren? Well that's not right!

Let's see:
Mercedes 10/10 -- perfect brand image
Red Bull 10/10 -- perfect brand image
BWT Racing Point 10/10 -- perfect brand image
Ferrari 9/10 -- very good brand image, would be better in gloss Rosso Corsa with black wings
AlphaTauri 9/10 -- very good brand image
McLaren 9/10 -- very good brand image
HAAS 6/10 -- boring but clear
Williams 6/10 -- clear brand image, especially with "WIlliams" branding on the rear wing. The baby blue to white gradient version however was more distinctive, and Frank Williams' traditional navy blue (ala 2006-2013) would be better for building consistent team identity.
Alfa Romeo 5/10 -- what's with the white front end with black stripes, it looks dreadful. The rear of the car in Competizionie Red is nice, but the front end is typical no-creativity Sauber.
Renault 4/10 -- it's dreadful. It's not the modern RenaultSport colour scheme (of liquid yellow and metallic grey), it's not consistent with classic Renault liveries (of white, yellow and black). It's a plain, ugly nothingness with a silly fluro yellow colour that doesn't even match the team garage or uniforms.

Ringleheim

I wish someone with the skill and software to do it would mock up a Ferrari from the last few years, going with the "pure" look of the 1980s.

All bodywork a simple, dark, rosso corsa, with all black, raw, front and rear wings.

Even throw some AGIP sponsorship on there! That era is the best looking in modern Ferrari history IMO.

Also, the Renaults posted here with the classic late '70s/early '80s yellow, white, and black scheme are utterly fantastic!

Cars from that era are distinctive, good looking , immediately identifiable as Renaults, and impossible to confuse with any other team.

I have been following F1 closely since the mid '80s and I have always said that MOST color schemes are pretty bad actually.

Ringleheim

Nothing wrong with this mock-up per se, but this Petronas era of Mercedes is dead in the water before the painter puts the paint in the gun. That teal green color is terrible, and it just doesn't work with a classic silver color scheme IMO.

The Sauber C-11 is the best looking Mercedes branded racing car of the modern era IMO.

All silver, black wing, fluorescent orange or yellow rear view mirrors depending on car. What a look!

Great flowing lines; great car full stop.

Ringleheim

The 1994 Minardi was a color scheme that I always loved; one of my all time favorites, and such a good looking car too.

Scorpaguy

2021 Mcl:

My verdict...Meh!

adrianjordan

I'm sure I'm not alone in disliking the matte finished cars.... I want shiny metallic finishes!!! 😝
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Morteza

adrianjordan wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 05:16
I'm sure I'm not alone in disliking the matte finished cars.... I want shiny metallic finishes!!! 😝
RB and AT do not look that bad in matte, but Ferrari and McLaren, in particular, look awful IMHO. Matte orange certainly is not a color of beauty :mrgreen: Ferrari's matte red is washed-up in my eyes :D
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Scorpaguy

...in the States we call these sherbet treats "push ups". Who at Mcl has the sweet tooth?

Starscreamer

HAAS & BWT =D>
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Manoah2u

that looks pretty cool but i can't imagine it not being far more pink.
i'd love to see Haas end up with BWT, and then let's see how Nicky Mazepin is going to react and be portrayed :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Scorpaguy

2021 AT:

My verdict...Meh!

Scorpaguy

2021 AR...another disappointing and unimaginative livery...IMHO. Will all the teams be this conservative?

adrianjordan

Scorpaguy wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 04:50
2021 AR...another disappointing and unimaginative livery...IMHO. Will all the teams be this conservative?
In a word. Yes. Unfortunately so.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ispano6

Launch livery maybe?