Toro Rosso STR4

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
vyselegend

Toro Rosso STR4

Torro Rosso choose to publish all by themselves a spy shot of the new car, a few day before official launch. Nice move. 8)

See on their website:

http://www.scuderiatororosso.com/Car/Ne ... -STR4-Car/

Ian P.

Re: Torro Rosso STR4

I am sure that paint scheme will generate a HUGH amount of comment. I can't see me comming round to appreciating it.
Maybe from a distance it will look better.

As for "building on last years success..." what are they planning, to win two races.?? Would be nice.
Personal motto... "Were it not for the bad.... I would have no luck at all."

j4kwan

i'm not an Engineer, but thinking...

as much as STR4's car is built upon the RB5, the STR4's uses the Ferrari engine right? So... would RB5's pull rod rear suspension setup work on the STR4?

i'm guessing that depends on engine, gearbox, and diffuser positions?

blobslosak

Am I missing something?

modbaraban

vyselegend wrote:Torro Rosso choose to publish all by themselves a spy shot of the new car, a few day before official launch. Nice move. 8)

See on their website:

Now that's a great looking thing! =D>

Stephen Luckins

If you go to the Torro Rosso page, the VW symbol is on the bottom!

Could this be a hint for the future???

ESPImperium

Stephen Luckins wrote:If you go to the Torro Rosso page, the VW symbol is on the bottom!

Could this be a hint for the future???
Probably not as VW supply all RB and STR lorries and transporters, so id think not.

I think there would be more posibility of VW starting their own team, at a later date when balance sheets are more in their favour.

megz

j4kwan wrote:i'm not an Engineer, but thinking...

as much as STR4's car is built upon the RB5, the STR4's uses the Ferrari engine right? So... would RB5's pull rod rear suspension setup work on the STR4?

i'm guessing that depends on engine, gearbox, and diffuser positions?
Red Bull AFAIK design and run their own gearbox - I had this same thought and then remembered they run their own custom gearbox so the suspension should not be a problem.

ESPImperium

In this months F1 Racing there is a article on STR before they tell you about the new car and driver (Altho its a STR3 they have in the pic) they tell you that STR actually have a design office and their own fully working autoclave plant and such.

They tell you that partts of the car are designed in Faenza, the parts arround the engine as they Ferarri has much diffrent mounting points to the Renaults for the RB cars. They make their own gearbox casings as well.

Os i think that they will be using a diffrent rear end to the RB5, altho it may use simmilar parts, i think it will be diffrent in a simmilar way, as the gearbox will have diffrent mouting poitns on it and such.

I feel from the air box forward it will be much the same as the RB5, but from the air box backward it will be simmilar, but in a diffrent way to suit the Ferari engine and KERS package they will be using.

shir0

vyselegend wrote:Torro Rosso choose to publish all by themselves a spy shot of the new car, a few day before official launch. Nice move. 8)

See on their website:

Hey, no fair! My eyes don't have the resolution capability of KH-13 onboard imagers... But I've got to admit, though... That's really a nice looking car... :lol: :mrgreen:
"Fortunately I've got a bag with dry ice in [my suit], which I put next to my balls, so at least they stay nice and cool!"- Sebastian Vettel, 2009 Malaysian GP Friday Practice.

andartop

Maybe that's not a very far shot but a very CLOSE one! Maybe Google Earth is their main 2009 sponsor and the car will be covered by images of the earth! Does this remind you of anything???
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Scania

will they use same kers with RB5?

hulmerist

they'll use the same as Ferrari surely?

timbo

Both Ferrari and Renault use Magnetti-Marelli designed system, so I think there won't be much problem changing them.

hulmerist

have the other teams had someone else design their for them?