2021 Alfa Romeo F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

2021 Alfa Romeo F1 Team

Team: Image Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen
Base: Image Hinwil, Zurich, Switzerland
Team principal: Frédric Vasseur
Technical director(s): Jan Monchaux

Race drivers:
7 Image Kimi Räikkonen
99 Image Antonio Giovinazzi

Chassis: C40
Engine: Ferrari V6 Turbo

This thread is to discuss the 2021 Alfa Romeo F1 TEAM
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Morteza

Re: 2021 Alfa Romeo F1 Team

Their new car will be unveiled on 22/02/2021 in Warsaw
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Scorpaguy

IMHO, AR had the slowest start to the season of any team in 2020. With little changing (other than possibly even tighter budgets due to covid losses), I fear 2021 could be a repeat. Even with Big Red engine gains, Sauber's poor aero record (again....likely budget related) suggests 2021 could be a "reverse grid" race to the finish with Haas. Hoping not.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Scorpaguy

IMHO, Cyril would bring some credibility and professionalism to Sauber. He seems to have at least read the rule book and knows which tyres are legal :D

I will never forget that fiasco...

Zynerji

Cyril ranks slightly above Steiner in my opinion.

Manoah2u

Zynerji wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 16:43
Cyril ranks slightly above Steiner in my opinion.
As for Steiner, absolutely rubbish?
Steiner is doing pretty good actually.

I'd rank Cyril perhaps indeed slightly above Steiner, but Cyril is such a hater that he destroys atmosphere and potential.
Knowing Sauber's past, i wouldn't be surprised to see Abiteboul end up there, unfortunately.

If Cyril were to be really signed, It would however to me be a indication that Sauber is going to part ways with Ferrari / Alfa in the future and Sauber will become a Renault B-team. Could run under the 'Alliance' moniker (Nissan-Mitsubishi-Renault) and become a 'Nissan' or perhaps 'Infinity' team.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 17 Feb 2021, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Morteza

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the EDGE

ryaan2904 wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 11:10

If Cyril were to be really signed, It would however to me be a indication that Sauber is going to part ways with Ferrari / Alfa in the future and Sauber will become a Renault B-team. Could run under the 'Alliance' moniker (Nissan-Mitsubishi-Renault) and become a 'Nissan' or perhaps 'Infinity' team.
We still have little information regarding the decision for the 2 parties to separate & who instigated it, but what I do doubt is that it was either planned or mutual

If it was it would have been announced in advance, much like when Andy Cowell stepped down

There is every chance Cyril decided to quit as he is off to Alfa, but then why has this not been announced yet? He would of course have a spell of gardening to do, but that has never stopped new signing announcements in the past

Or Renault could have decided his services were surplus to requirement and dumped him

Either way, I don’t feel there would be a good enough working relationship between the 2 parties for what you suggest to work

ryaan2904

the EDGE wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 11:54
ryaan2904 wrote:

We still have little information regarding the decision for the 2 parties to separate & who instigated it, but what I do doubt is that it was either planned or mutual

If it was it would have been announced in advance, much like when Andy Cowell stepped down

There is every chance Cyril decided to quit as he is off to Alfa, but then why has this not been announced yet? He would of course have a spell of gardening to do, but that has never stopped new signing announcements in the past

Or Renault could have decided his services were surplus to requirement and dumped him

Either way, I don’t feel there would be a good enough working relationship between the 2 parties for what you suggest to work
This was by Manoah2u, idk why its quoting me on that :wtf:
CFD Eyes of Sauron

the EDGE

ryaan2904 wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 14:34
the EDGE wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 11:54
ryaan2904 wrote:

This was by Manoah2u, idk why its quoting me on that :wtf:
Apologies, I guess I clearly either clicked on the wrong post or deleted the wrong comment in the chain 😞

mclaren111

I like Steiner as well...

Tomek1623

_cerber1