2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Mateo

Alonso has 2 teeth broken. He’s lucky. It could be worst.

Mateo

Esteban Ocon has taken the wheel today at Paul Ricard track’s.
because there’s only few days of test in Bahreïn, it’s good to see Alpine seeking compensate for the lack of driving days of their pilots.

What’s a pity that Alonso is not there. Because of his accident (?).

J-34 Before Bahreïn’s GP !

PowerandtheGlory

Mateo wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 18:45
because there’s only few days of test in Bahreïn, it’s good to see Alpine seeking compensate for the lack of driving days of their pilots.

I dont understand why they are running an R.S. Car.. last years? Its just a testing livery... is any of this car part of the new Alpine..? is this just for promotional footage? I hope the new car/engine is ready this year because other teams will have moved forwards with their engine.. and without Renault engine customers.. we will never hear a 3rd party opinion on the engine.. we also dont have another reference point in testing.. its going to be sketchy...
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

adrianjordan

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 20:45
Mateo wrote:

I dont understand why they are running an R.S. Car.. last years? Its just a testing livery... is any of this car part of the new Alpine..? is this just for promotional footage? I hope the new car/engine is ready this year because other teams will have moved forwards with their engine.. and without Renault engine customers.. we will never hear a 3rd party opinion on the engine.. we also dont have another reference point in testing.. its going to be sketchy...
I think it's to give Esteban some time behind the wheel and they'll be able to practice trackside procedures, pit stops etc.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

diffuser

adrianjordan wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 22:34
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 20:45
Mateo wrote:

I think it's to give Esteban some time behind the wheel and they'll be able to practice trackside procedures, pit stops etc.

Those look like 18" Rims ?

diffuser

Looked at the upclose pictures and they're not. So I'm not sure why they did that test.

At any rate, they can run the old car as long as they like.

PowerandtheGlory

diffuser wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 23:20
Looked at the upclose pictures and they're not. So I'm not sure why they did that test.

Ocon had a whole season of driving, surely he doesnt need to practice procedures..??
Has to be promotional....
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Mateo

According to an Alpine engineer, there won’t be a new P.U. this year for the “fran-glish team“. Just an evolution of last year’s one.
Also the 2022 P.U. will be freezed from the first race. That’s an FIA decision. Voted by all the teams.
The Viry-Châtillon factory is non officially working on a “split turbo“ for 2022. So Viry-Châtillon is working all the 2021 year for developing this motor and fiabilize it.

JPower

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 23:38
diffuser wrote:

Ocon had a whole season of driving, surely he doesnt need to practice procedures..??
The more seat time the better in my opinion. The RS18 is still enough to keep Ocon sharp.

Ferrari did the same last month.

adrianjordan

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
diffuser wrote:

It's F1, every millisecond counts and it never hurts to practice more.

Won't be promotional as the car is in the winter testing livery.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

PowerandtheGlory

adrianjordan wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 06:09
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
diffuser wrote:

It's F1, every millisecond counts and it never hurts to practice more.

Won't be promotional as the car is in the winter testing livery.
I wonder is the test in the rs18 was for alonso.. who could use the miles... but at the last minute he wasnt fit enough- so Ocon had first refusal.. and thought ‘yea i’ll take a bit of practice’..
i understand why youd want to give your academy guys a lot of practice., because if either driver tests positve they need somebody warmed up...

Shame they cant bring the new engine this year- but with such limited changes that was always a risk. Hopefully cooling and rear end changes to this years car.. but i feel as though the team are looking to ‘22 already...

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

diffuser

Mateo wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 00:53
According to an Alpine engineer, there won’t be a new P.U. this year for the “fran-glish team“. Just an evolution of last year’s one.
Also the 2022 P.U. will be freezed from the first race. That’s an FIA decision. Voted by all the teams.
The Viry-Châtillon factory is non officially working on a “split turbo“ for 2022. So Viry-Châtillon is working all the 2021 year for developing this motor and fiabilize it.
They've been working on it for a while.

toraabe

I just assume that some of the guys thst came back from Brixworth had enough knowledge about it...