Aston Martin DBR6 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: McLaren MCL35M

Nbain66 wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 21:05
MtthsMlw wrote:I think their new merch gives a good impression of what the livery will be.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuC2jLRXEAY ... =4096x4096
The signature Aston green with the Neon yellow around the nose would be great.

Sent from my SNE-LX3 using Tapatalk
The jerseys and race suit willbe like a "dragon green" it seems. Cant think of a proper name.
Verdant green?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Raleigh

Re: Aston Martin DBR6 speculation thread

Was very much expecting that Aston Martin would successfully update their car to incorporate more of the W11 and continue their impressive form from the end of last season but this news exceeds the wildest expectations.

The new tub allows a full copy of the W11 sidepods and the use of the W11 front suspension, completing the package of upgrades that started with the W11 gearbox/rear suspension last year.

Racing Point last year did a phenomenal job of not just taking the W10 concept and making it work but also updating the car during the season with a hybrid interpretation of the W10 and W11 so even though they will have to update the W11 aero for 2021 rules I'm expecting the car to be very quick right out of the box, and then the team is perfectly positioned to share updates with the W11B.

the EDGE

Raleigh wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 04:59
Was very much expecting that Aston Martin would successfully update their car to incorporate more of the W11 and continue their impressive form from the end of last season but this news exceeds the wildest expectations.

The new tub allows a full copy of the W11 sidepods and the use of the W11 front suspension, completing the package of upgrades that started with the W11 gearbox/rear suspension last year.

Racing Point last year did a phenomenal job of not just taking the W10 concept and making it work but also updating the car during the season with a hybrid interpretation of the W10 and W11 so even though they will have to update the W11 aero for 2021 rules I'm expecting the car to be very quick right out of the box, and then the team is perfectly positioned to share updates with the W11B.
It will be interesting to see how the 2 teams differ in adjusting the aero to deal with the this years regs

This is something AM will have to do by themselves as they won’t have the benefit of copying Merc, at least not for some time anyway

With the W10, AM had already started to go their own way to some extent, I wonder if they will revert to the W11 changes or continue their own direction

Raleigh

Racing Point did take their own direction with development but only as far as aspects that could not be directly borrowed from the W11, direct copies of the W11 brake ducts for example (to replace the infamous W10 style brake ducts) but developing their own side pods because the side crash structure was different.

Even then the updated sidepods were clearly an effort to achieve W11-style aero and I'm expecting the team to take this chance to fully update the car to W11 spec.

We don't yet know how Mercedes has spent their tokens, will this make a big difference in ways Aston Martin cannot copy directly, however it's very likely the cars will converge in design as the season progresses and any big early season differences will start to disappear.

senja

Images from new sponsor.

Morteza

The new car will be called AMR21
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Just_a_fan

AMR for Aston Martin Racing. Makes sense and doesn't try to step on Aston's historic naming. Nicely done AM. =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dodds_turbo

Morteza wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 17:06
The new car will be called AMR21
https://twitter.com/AstonMartinF1/statu ... 47907?s=19
Came here to post the same tweet. AMR21 has a nice ring to it. Can’t wait to see the livery.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

senja

MtthsMlw

I think that's last year's car

Morteza

This also is their 2020 car, right?

NAPI10

AM is simply revealing livery or its 21 challenger reveal?

Manoah2u

NAPI10 wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 17:08
AM is simply revealing livery or its 21 challenger reveal?
Depending on what they're up to, I'm expecting the 2020 RP car with the Aston Martin Livery,
and the floor cut according to the 'correct' size.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GTO99

Have they retained BWT?