2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: 2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

Just read an article about Stroll Sr. publicly 'inviting' Hamilton to Aston Martin. I would be inclined to believe he'd ditch his son without thinking to place the probably this year 8-time WDC.
Would be interesting and it would be very strong and interesting pair, Vettel & Hamilton in 1 team. Vettel would like to get a title, and Hamilton would like to go for his 9th and 10th in that case.

I would also be inclined to believe Stroll Sr. would welcome Lewis' brands, BLM stuff, and his 'involvement', and i also think he'd be a lot less pressured to do promo stuff that Big Mercedes would ask/demand. It would be an interesting transfer and he'd still be guaranteed of a Mercedes engine. Also, the AMR F1 cars essentially are the next AMG cars, and there has been talk about how Newey could move towards AMR too.

That said, i would wonder though if the combo Vet-Ham wouldn't be cause for a Rosberg-Hamilton repeat.

Don't get me wrong, it's probably just Stroll Senior hyping up his 'brand', but it is interesting nonetheless.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NAPI10

Manoah2u wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 23:24
Just read an article about Stroll Sr. publicly 'inviting' Hamilton to Aston Martin. I would be inclined to believe he'd ditch his son without thinking to place the probably this year 8-time WDC.
Would be interesting and it would be very strong and interesting pair, Vettel & Hamilton in 1 team. Vettel would like to get a title, and Hamilton would like to go for his 9th and 10th in that case.

I would also be inclined to believe Stroll Sr. would welcome Lewis' brands, BLM stuff, and his 'involvement', and i also think he'd be a lot less pressured to do promo stuff that Big Mercedes would ask/demand. It would be an interesting transfer and he'd still be guaranteed of a Mercedes engine. Also, the AMR F1 cars essentially are the next AMG cars, and there has been talk about how Newey could move towards AMR too.

That said, i would wonder though if the combo Vet-Ham wouldn't be cause for a Rosberg-Hamilton repeat.

Don't get me wrong, it's probably just Stroll Senior hyping up his 'brand', but it is interesting nonetheless.
It could be a marketting ploy to create a big splash befaore new car launch.
In ways,imagine if he able pull Hamilton,Newey & Toto(in some capacity) to AM in 22.He is very well capable of it.

Manoah2u

NAPI10 wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 17:07
It could be a marketting ploy to create a big splash befaore new car launch.
In ways,imagine if he able pull Hamilton,Newey & Toto(in some capacity) to AM in 22.He is very well capable of it.
I definately see him capable.
Funny enough Stroll Sr reminds me of Briatore just with less 'drama'.
I feel like people like Lawrence Stroll (Sr) are people that belong in F1 and F1 needs.
'Billionaire playboy's' but also successfull businessmen.

I maintain that - and i miss the guy and dunno what's up with him nowadays - but Vijay Mallya.
Another guy that 'belongs' in F1.

People like Elon Musk imho also are the type of people F1 would 'benefit' from. F1 however is not a platform for fully electric entrepeneurs, despite Musky boy being involved in space programs. I don't think Musk is a guy that is right in running a F1 team though, but I think his 'brand' and his 'persona' would be a benefit for F1, especially in exposure.

That, imho, goes the same for Jeff Bezos. F1 needs the full monty 'jetset'. And have them involved in one way or the other. Amazon could very well sponsor Formula 1 one way or another.

What i'm liking right now about Aston Martin is that the brand itself finally 'really' is in F1 now.
Peroni is interesting to bring in, i miss Martini in F1.

I hope F1 finds a 'revival' and Domenicali and co are going to open up F1 more to big brands and manufacturers.

Lamborghini, Porsche, Bugatti, Maserati.

I think Lawrence Stroll is an absolute asset and benefit for Formula 1 and i really hope he's going to stay longer, and quite frankly, i think there are future functions for him in F1 the likes Bernie once had. I think Lawrence Stroll could bring F1 to new heights if he had more 'control'.

Stroll, Domenicali, Brawn, imho are the type of people that not only have the right experience, but also the right weight and 'feeling'.

With that in mind, indeed, I think Stroll is very capable of getting Lewis aboard Aston Martin, and include Toto Wolff in an advisory role, free of Mercedes' politics, and include Newey as part of a vast team of weighty people.
There could actually be some weight behind the reasoning on Lewis short contract deal.

Interestingly enough, I think that Lawrence Stroll for example would actually open his own wallet just to get Lewis, with a blank cheque in hand.

After all, Lewis reign with Mercedes will never be forgotten, but if Stroll gets his hands on him, he will remembered as the guy, and the team, which achieved the 9th and record 10th title. And he will be remembered in Aston Martin green. Take newey, take Wolff, take Lewis, and you seriously 'injure' AMG Mercedes along the way.

I expected Ferrari to do just that, but it didn't happen.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

MKlaus

NetApp Joins Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team to Pioneer Data-Driven Racing Strategy

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/netapp-j ... 00944.html

We are thrilled to announce that http://Crypto.com is now an Official Global Partner of the
@AstonMartinF1 Cognizant Formula One™ Team!

Nathanael F1

Another day, another sponsor!
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

PowerandtheGlory

Got excited when i saw the Aston F1 post on twitter with the union jack over the car... i was thinkibg have they gone full austin powers.. (aston powers) but then remembered that was a sh*guar not an aston.. whoops!
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Jolle

Manoah2u wrote:

Well, his son Lance spoke quite openly about his views on inequality and the urge to change the system. As for a future of Sir Lewis at Aston in any future, who knows... who would of thought ten years ago that Rossi would race for the Yamaha satellite team.

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:

It is obvious it would be Vettel going, not his son. Vettel was hired for business reasons as well as sporting reasons.

I used to drool like Homer Simpson at the thought of Vet Vs Ham, and I got my wish in 2017 and 2018. I was satisfied. And anyway, the two drivers are friends now, no more blood needs to be shed.

BTW

What time is the launch?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Zynerji

I'd be trying to poach James Allison before Newey at this point. JA has another 15 years in him, AN is probably gone in 3-5.

Zynerji

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 13:44
Manoah2u wrote:

It is obvious it would be Vettel going, not his son. Vettel was hired for business reasons as well as sporting reasons.

I used to drool like Homer Simpson at the thought of Vet Vs Ham, and I got my wish in 2017 and 2018. I was satisfied. And anyway, the two drivers are friends now, no more blood needs to be shed.

BTW

What time is the launch?
Ham/Vet together in the AMR22/23 alone would make F1 worth the price of admission. Just to see if 12x WDC experience can take a midfield team to the top of a budget-capped F1.

El Scorchio

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. Stroll jr isn't getting booted out of the team for anyone. Stroll sr clearly wants to make his son World Champion and I believe that's ben clearly stated. He's already bought him his own team, and the world's most expensive driving instructor. I don't believe Hamilton would go there unless they have a serious shout at a title, but if he did they'd jettison Vettel before Lance. Even Hamilton would only be there for a year or two, primarily so Lance and the team can learn what they can from him, before they give him a #2 team mate and a serious tilt at the title, if they've managed to make a car good enough by then. I don't think they'll ever be in a position to best the team they currently get their engines from, but should Mercedes pull out as a constructor and just become a supplier, they may be in with a real shout, if they drag team members over or 'inherit' a lot of the team, facilities, and IP.

I could see them being the second best team in the sport in the next couple of years, all things remaining equal.

Herr_Koos

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 13:44

What time is the launch?
15h00 GMT according to their site.

I must say, I'm excited to see a green car on the grid again. I definitely won't miss the pink, distinctive though it was.

charliesmithhd

It’s been leaked already, I miss the days when the first time we saw the car was when it was launched, but oh well Image

Macklaren

charliesmithhd wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 14:53
It’s been leaked already, I miss the days when the first time we saw the car was when it was launched, but oh well https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvjjCzBXYAA ... ame=medium
Is this real? there is no number on the nose and I've never seen a car launch photo with a (fake) driver in it?

Herr_Koos

Macklaren wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 14:57
charliesmithhd wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 14:53
It’s been leaked already, I miss the days when the first time we saw the car was when it was launched, but oh well https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvjjCzBXYAA ... ame=medium
Is this real? there is no number on the nose and I've never seen a car launch photo with a (fake) driver in it?
The whole thing is a render, not a photo. It's undoubtedly different from the real car in a number of ways, just like we've seen from the other teams.