2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Seanspeed

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

f1rules wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 22:02
Rumor of binotto out
There's very little less credible in the F1 world than rumors about Ferrari.

I feel like if they were gonna let Binotto go, that would have been done a while ago, not on the eve of a new season.

Scorpaguy

Seanspeed wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 02:26
f1rules wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 22:02
Rumor of binotto out
There's very little less credible in the F1 world than rumors about Ferrari.

I feel like if they were gonna let Binotto go, that would have been done a while ago, not on the eve of a new season.
Likely just going for a short stint in jail for stealing Vet's hair.

jumpingfish

MachineCo. wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 22:12
from where did these rumors come from?

I think from here.

Schippke

Whilst I understand a lot of frustration those have towards Binotto, the constant calling for his head to roll is quite frankly... stupid. We've yet to see what his structure can deliver since he has been working on getting the team setup in the background. 2019 Arguably was a year of what was inherited from those previous, give or take... and 2020 was a handicap due to the engine being significantly restricted (regardless of legalities). 2021 itself will still be a year of struggle with that they can do with the car, though it may pave the way forward to a recovery season with better processes, the hope for more consistent performances and better strategy calls.

The true fruits of his work most likely won't be felt until 2022, but hopefully this year they'll gel better as a team, regardless of how fast (or slow) the car is. Personally, I think they'll score more points having Sainz paired with Leclerc, due to Vettel's lacking of points scoring finishes (debate the reasoning as you see fit).

Getting rid of him now on the eve of a season... will just further drive the stake into the coffin of Ferrari not changing their habits when it comes to swinging the axe. I truly hope that they prove the Tifosi (and themselves) wrong.

raymondu999

Schippke I agree with your points —> but let’s not forget they have little to no patience in waiting for such long term plans to play out, either. Mattiaci came in mid-2014 and was reportedly working on a good restructuring— and lest we forget he was fired before the year was out
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Scorpaguy

Schippke wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 09:07
Whilst I understand a lot of frustration those have towards Binotto, the constant calling for his head to roll is quite frankly... stupid. We've yet to see what his structure can deliver since he has been working on getting the team setup in the background. 2019 Arguably was a year of what was inherited from those previous, give or take... and 2020 was a handicap due to the engine being significantly restricted (regardless of legalities). 2021 itself will still be a year of struggle with that they can do with the car, though it may pave the way forward to a recovery season with better processes, the hope for more consistent performances and better strategy calls.

The true fruits of his work most likely won't be felt until 2022, but hopefully this year they'll gel better as a team, regardless of how fast (or slow) the car is. Personally, I think they'll score more points having Sainz paired with Leclerc, due to Vettel's lacking of points scoring finishes (debate the reasoning as you see fit).

Getting rid of him now on the eve of a season... will just further drive the stake into the coffin of Ferrari not changing their habits when it comes to swinging the axe. I truly hope that they prove the Tifosi (and themselves) wrong.
Of course none of us are on the inside, but I believe the Tifosi's frustration stems from an outside view that depicts chaos and inanity. The latest example being the firing of Arrivabene...a proven winner taking the team on an upward trajectory...then summarily fired. Enter Bino...an engine guy who to date has begat one illegal engine and one anemic engine ( let us not mention the aero abortions).

Maybe the Big Red Brass is far smarter than us, and we are on the verge of a new Ferrari dominance. However, I do not see it...and that is just from observance of race strategy and pit stop performance (let alone the the Renault LeCar clones of the last 2 years). IMHO.

ryaan2904

Scorpaguy wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 16:26
Schippke wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 09:07

Of course none of us are on the inside, but I believe the Tifosi's frustration stems from an outside view that depicts chaos and inanity. The latest example being the firing of Arrivabene...a proven winner taking the team on an upward trajectory...then summarily fired. Enter Bino...an engine guy who to date has begat one illegal engine and one anemic engine ( let us not mention the aero abortions).

Maybe the Big Red Brass is far smarter than us, and we are on the verge of a new Ferrari dominance. However, I do not see it...and that is just from observance of race strategy and pit stop performance (let alone the the Renault LeCar clones of the last 2 years). IMHO.
Its this kind of gas-lighting that makes the tifosi and even the big brass say/do stupid things. Not one, not two, but a few hundred people doing this tends to get noticed, sponsorship business runs on public opinion afterall.

Adding an iMhO in the end is a funny way to cover it i suppose
CFD Eyes of Sauron

Scorpaguy

ryaan2904 wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 16:59
Its this kind of gas-lighting that makes the tifosi and even the big brass say/do stupid things. Not one, not two, but a few hundred people doing this tends to get noticed, sponsorship business runs on public opinion afterall.
Whilst I doubt Big Red's Brass is even minutely influenced by forum speak...in case they do:

Arri was a TP with 3 wins in 2015, 5 wins in 2017, and 6 wins in 2018. But yes, winless in 2016. However, 14 wins in 4 seasons is something that his predecessors did not manage in all of 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, and part of 2009. His successor managed 3 wins in 2019 (with an illegal engine)...none in 2020. 2009-2014 average Ferrari WCC finish was 3.16...average under Arri was 2.25. Bino's average is 4th.

If pointing out simple facts is "gas lighting...so be it.

MKlaus

Scorpaguy wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 03:13
ryaan2904 wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 16:59
Whilst I doubt Big Red's Brass is even minutely influenced by forum speak...in case they do:

Arri was a TP with 3 wins in 2015, 5 wins in 2017, and 6 wins in 2018. But yes, winless in 2016. However, 14 wins in 4 seasons is something that his predecessors did not manage in all of 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, and part of 2009. His successor managed 3 wins in 2019 (with an illegal engine)...none in 2020. 2009-2014 average Ferrari WCC finish was 3.16...average under Arri was 2.25. Bino's average is 4th.

If pointing out simple facts is "gas lighting...so be it.
in all those successes you have pointed of arrivabene, binotto was the engine head and then chief tech officer. arrivabene was just the manager of the group as team principal. its a fact too.

Scorpaguy

MKlaus wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 04:22
in all those successes you have pointed of arrivabene, binotto was the engine head and then chief tech officer. arrivabene was just the manager of the group as team principal. its a fact too.
MK...most certainly agreed. Which is sort of my point; the current team mgmt. seems to be going backwards in terms of performance/results. I am not in the Boardroom...why they fired Arri (the TP that had delivered the best results since RB) was chalked up to "politics"...the real reason, if different, may only ever be known to the suits. Current team performance is not at the level of previous mgmt. Given time...will Bino excel? Maybe. I as an "armchair F1T forum person"...I predict (guess if you will) not.

ryaan2904

We'll see it all in 2021 I suppose
CFD Eyes of Sauron

godlameroso

The 2020 debacle was caused by the Marlboro man cheating in 2018 and 19.

That's why they sacked him in the 1st place.

Ferrari builds the car not the Tifosi, let's keep it that way.

Sacking Binotto is a bad move at this time.

*edit
Apparently if they do sack him, he'll be representing Ferrari in the WMSC. So other teams can't poach him.
Saishū kōnā

Zynerji

godlameroso wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 14:02
The 2020 debacle was caused by the Marlboro man cheating in 2018 and 19.

That's why they sacked him in the 1st place.

Ferrari builds the car not the Tifosi, let's keep it that way.

Sacking Binotto is a bad move at this time.

*edit
Apparently if they do sack him, he'll be representing Ferrari in the WMSC. So other teams can't poach him.
I see it as the other way around.

I think Arrivabene was sacked because he called out Binotto for engine cheating at Ferrari, and 2020 was the retribution from the FIA. Almost like Arrivabene told them where to look.

We will never know for sure.

Scorpaguy

Zynerji wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 14:06
I think Arrivabene was sacked because he called out Binotto for engine cheating at Ferrari, and 2020 was the retribution from the FIA. Almost like Arrivabene told them where to look.

We will never know for sure.
The plot for the best racing movie ever! But who would we cast :-k

Arri - Samuel L Jackson

Bino - Howard Stern

Vet cameos as himself.