FREE F1 TV FOR 30 DAYS

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Scorpaguy

Re: FREE F1 TV FOR 30 DAYS

...free F1TV for 30 days...no races for the next 30 days.

...after the 30-day free period you get charged for $80 bucks for a "full" season...which may also feature no races.

kptaylor

Isn't the whole point to stream classic races while we're all waiting? Cancel the service before you're charged is the way to avoid the $80 charge, right?

ENGINE TUNER

kptaylor wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 02:28
Isn't the whole point to stream classic races while we're all waiting? Cancel the service before you're charged is the way to avoid the $80 charge, right?
Yes

They claim they send a reminder but I wouldn't rely on that, but in actuality you just sign up for the monthly access which in my area is about $3, so, not so bad if I decide to keep it.

My big problem with them is the stream keeps cutting off. Also the older races aren't much more than 10 minute highlights without commentary.

browney

I've also found that the streaming video quality is much worse than youtube, mainly it looks like it has been encoded at a lower frame rate.

I'm not sure if this is just because they haven't got servers mirroring it in Australia, so the connection is worse? Do other people find the F1tv quality lower than the youtube races that they have streamed?

ENGINE TUNER

Everything about f1tv is trash, even when it's free. I don't see how they expect people to pay for this. I'd be embarrassed if anything I'd ever done worked as poorly as F1tv, I'm embarrassed just watching it, Im actually embarrassed to have started this thread. These liberty parasites are something else.

Something much better, classicgp on the mobdro app

AMG.Tzan

Last time out in February i had a 1 month subscription for F1 TV Pro...just to watch testing live! But although i cancelled my subscription before it could renew...they still charged me for the next month and didn't renew the subscription! But as i found out it was Google's Play Store messing it...so i got in touch with Google Play Store and got a refund!

Now i subscribed for the 1 month free and cancelled immediately after subscribing...let's see what happens this time around! It's good to cancel early before you get too close for comfort to the "renew" period! The subscription still stands for 1 month just like Netflix!

80$???? Where is F1 TV Access charged 80$??? God this is ridiculous...here in Greece it's only 3$ monthly or 27$ yearly! And F1TV Pro is 6$ monthly or 50$ yearly!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Just_a_fan

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 09:58
Everything about f1tv is trash, even when it's free. I don't see how they expect people to pay for this. I'd be embarrassed if anything I'd ever done worked as poorly as F1tv, I'm embarrassed just watching it, Im actually embarrassed to have started this thread. These liberty parasites are something else.

Something much better, classicgp on the mobdro app
Makes me glad that, being in the UK, I'm not allowed to sign up for it. =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Steven
Owner

BTW Racing Point wrote:With full race replays stretching back to 1981, not to mention over 50 exclusive documentaries and features, now is the perfect time to get your teeth into the F1 TV archive for the ultimate racing fix – without having to pay a penny for a whole month.

Relive classic races, rediscover long lost stories, and follow BWT Racing Point F1 Team’s journey from the very beginning – the perfect remedy for those off-season blues!

To sign up and get started, just head to www.F1.com/F1TVRacingPoint and enjoy!

Wouter

I don't know if it works, but from today 25% off for a year.

Code: EARLYBIRD25
The Power of Dreams!

ENGINE TUNER

Is it still trash?

kptaylor

Have they done anything new for '21? Made it an app on Roku, Amazon, Apple? Still hard to watch on a real TV?

Zynerji

kptaylor wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 19:44
Have they done anything new for '21? Made it an app on Roku, Amazon, Apple? Still hard to watch on a real TV?
I would love if the app would load on Amazon TV...

proteus

You know something is fishy when they offer discounts and free trials. Overall, i am not interested into being my own video editor of a F1 broadcast, like i dont want to know where Mclaren is the whole race and onboard for every lap. The point of watching a race is, how the producers make the magic happen when broadcasting. Im only 28 and jet i feel i am older than planet Earth...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Wouter

kptaylor wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 19:44
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... MMkRH.html

Formula 1 has announced it will be launching an updated version of their OTT subscription video platform F1 TV for the 2021 FIA Formula 1 World Championship, with new and improved features made available to more fans on more platforms than ever before. F1 TV Pro is already available in 82 countries around the world but is also launching in Brazil (from March 9th), along with Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

The new version is available on F1TV.com today, March 8, and upgrades will be rolled out on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire tablet devices and Roku in the first half of the season.
F1 TV for Apple TV, Android TV devices and Amazon Fire TV are currently in development and will also be launched later this year.

Improvements to the F1 TV service include:

Enhanced technology: The new version focuses on performance and quality; users will now be able to enjoy streaming video at 1080p at 50fps for the first time – ideal for watching fast moving action.

Cast to TVs: – Users will be able to cast F1 TV using Chromecast and AirPlay (iOS) - enjoying live and on-demand F1 content on their TV.

Improved user experience:

Improved player controls – Users now have full control over the live stream; play, pause or rewind to watch that overtake again, across every channel, including On-board Cameras.

Improved channel switching – An improved interface allows users to easily switch between F1 TV’s multiple additional streams: Pit Lane Channel, Data Channel, Driver Tracker and On-board Cameras.

Improved user interface – A new, modern interface will allow users to easily browse and search F1 TV’s archive content, as well as F1’s exclusive series and documentaries.
The Power of Dreams!