General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Helmut Marko on Servus TV.

''The preparation for this season is the best we have had in the last seven years. Our goal is the world title and even as outsiders we can take it. The all-new engine from Honda is a beautiful piece of work. Honda has found more performance for 2021, and taken out the weaknesses,'' Marko told Servus TV.

''All in all, this improvement in the engine should ensure that we are on the level of Mercedes. However, we know they don't sleep, so I hope their leap is not so big now that their engine is already in its eighth year. That development curve has to start levelling off somewhere. I am confident about the Honda engine. There were some problems in the preparation, but that was due to sloppiness. It was nothing that would indicate serious mechanical or electronic problems.''

''We don't need to take any legal steps to prevent Mercedes from luring Verstappen away from us. We just have to give Max a car he can win with, and compete for the world title with. If we manage to do that, there will be nothing to stop us working together for a long time'', the Austrian concludes.
The Power of Dreams!

Type-Rem

Wouter wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 10:30

''The preparation for this season is the best we have had in the last seven years. Our goal is the world title and even as outsiders we can take it. The all-new engine from Honda is a beautiful piece of work. Honda has found more performance for 2021, and taken out the weaknesses,'' Marko told Servus TV.

''All in all, this improvement in the engine should ensure that we are on the level of Mercedes. However, we know they don't sleep, so I hope their leap is not so big now that their engine is already in its eighth year. That development curve has to start levelling off somewhere. I am confident about the Honda engine. There were some problems in the preparation, but that was due to sloppiness. It was nothing that would indicate serious mechanical or electronic problems.''

''We don't need to take any legal steps to prevent Mercedes from luring Verstappen away from us. We just have to give Max a car he can win with, and compete for the world title with. If we manage to do that, there will be nothing to stop us working together for a long time'', the Austrian concludes.
Wow, did he really say sloppiness coming from Honda?? That is quite shocking!

Wouter

Type-Rem wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 10:41
Wouter wrote:

No, he didn't say sloppiness. Thats what the author made of it. It is difficult to translate.
Marko said: ""Es gab in der Vorbereitung kleinere Probleme, die aber auf Schlampereien zurückzuführen waren.
Es war nichts, was vom Mechanischen oder Elektronischen her gravierende Probleme geben sollte."

I don't know the English word for it. It is an expression from Austria.

The original article:

https://www.formel1.de/news/news/2021-0 ... len-die-wm
Last edited by Wouter on 09 Mar 2021, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

Wouter wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 10:58
Type-Rem wrote:
Wouter wrote:

No, he didn't say sloppiness. Thats what the author made of it. It is difficult to translate.
Marko said: ""Es gab in der Vorbereitung kleinere Probleme, die aber auf Schlampereien zurückzuführen waren.
Es war nichts, was vom Mechanischen oder Elektronischen her gravierende Probleme geben sollte."

Google also translated it as 'sloppiness' in the context of the sentence. Amusingly if you just enter 'Schlampereien' on it's own, it says 'sluts'. Damn those sluts, ruining the preparation. I wonder if they were accounted for within the budget cap... ;)

lio007

El Scorchio wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 11:28
Wouter wrote:
Type-Rem wrote:

Google also translated it as 'sloppiness' in the context of the sentence. Amusingly if you just enter 'Schlampereien' on it's own, it says 'sluts'. Damn those sluts, ruining the preparation. I wonder if they were accounted for within the budget cap... ;)
I saw it live yesterday and I don't get it why this "Schlampereien" is linked to Honda. It could also be on RBR's side. It's not entirely clear from what Helmut Marko said. Here in Austria the "Schlampereien" is not always in a negativ / serious context. You can understand it the way that they had some "loose cable ties and therefore something got loose that souldn't"-kind of problems. This kind of things we call "Schlampereien" here in Austria :)

PlatinumZealot

He basically means just the usual human errors. Nothing to burst any brains about.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

lio007

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 15:15
He basically means just the usual human errors. Nothing to burst any brains about.
Exactly!

HPD

El Scorchio wrote:
Amusingly if you just enter 'Schlampereien' on it's own, it says 'sluts'. Damn those sluts, ruining the preparation. I wonder if they were accounted for within the budget cap... ;)
How do we send 'Schlampereien' to the Mercedes field? hahaha :lol:

El Scorchio

HPD wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 19:21
El Scorchio wrote:
Amusingly if you just enter 'Schlampereien' on it's own, it says 'sluts'. Damn those sluts, ruining the preparation. I wonder if they were accounted for within the budget cap... ;)
How do we send 'Schlampereien' to the Mercedes field? hahaha :lol:
It's a shame Briatore isn't around. he'd be in his element! (possibly, allegedly jokingly etc. etc.)

ispano6

lio007 wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 13:49
El Scorchio wrote:
Wouter wrote:

I saw it live yesterday and I don't get it why this "Schlampereien" is linked to Honda. It could also be on RBR's side. It's not entirely clear from what Helmut Marko said. Here in Austria the "Schlampereien" is not always in a negativ / serious context. You can understand it the way that they had some "loose cable ties and therefore something got loose that souldn't"-kind of problems. This kind of things we call "Schlampereien" here in Austria :)
Was this in regard to the shakedown of the Rb16b? I thought there was a comment regarding the RB16b shakedown didn't go smooth. If it's installation and harness issues they better triple check it and follow the instruction manuals if you know what I mean. I would be irate if the glitches of last year are present this year. No excuses.

velizare

El Scorchio wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Type-Rem wrote:

"schlamperei", or "schlamp sein" is some kind of laziness. like being bad-dressed just out of neglect. so its something looking bad, but can change in no time, provided there is pure will to do so. it also gets used to mocking someone, on a very friendship way, like old friends used to do.

lio007

ispano6 wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 09:41
lio007 wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 13:49
El Scorchio wrote:

Was this in regard to the shakedown of the Rb16b? I thought there was a comment regarding the RB16b shakedown didn't go smooth. If it's installation and harness issues they better triple check it and follow the instruction manuals if you know what I mean. I would be irate if the glitches of last year are present this year. No excuses.
I got the impression, he somehow referred to the shakedown, although he didn't mention the shakedown specifically.

Wouter

I'm curious how the Honda engine will perform here. However, varying temperatures!
Friday 32 degrees Celsius
Saturday 22 degrees Celsius
Sunday 21 degrees Celsius

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!