2021 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: 2021 Haas F1 Team

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

mclaren111

Manoah2u wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 19:22
politburo wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 12:27

The problem that you have is you have to extrapolate so it can fit whatever it is you believe,
:lol:

https://preview.redd.it/fzb61hp67al61.j ... 8254337b53

yeah extrapolating hard here :lol:

Putin is one Smart Cookie... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

adrianjordan

proteus wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 13:54
I dont see the problem about the russian flag at all. They pay the money and it is their show.
It's illegal to compete under a Russian flag though. That's the problem.

Personally I don't see the issue with it or why it should extend to F1. Has there ever been a problem with F1 drivers doping? Cars yes (looking at you Ferrari lol), but drivers?

I may not agree with the 70mph speed limit on UK motorways when most cars are designed to be safe at Autobahn speeds, but rules is rules.

(I don't like Mazapin on a personal level either because of his past behaviour, but that's by the by).
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

ME4ME

Can't help but feel Schumacher is so out of place at Haas. He doesn't need a controversial rookie team mate, a disfunctional car and Guenther Steiner. He needs someone like Vasseur and Kimi alongside him. It'll be a mental challenge, I think.

Jolle

ME4ME wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 23:04
Can't help but feel Schumacher is so out of place at Haas. He doesn't need a controversial rookie team mate, a disfunctional car and Guenther Steiner. He needs someone like Vasseur and Kimi alongside him. It'll be a mental challenge, I think.
On other hand, it’s also a bit family tradition. His dad got his first drive because someone assaulted a taxi driver and his first succes came with none other then Briatore. 😂😂

But yes, HAAS looks to much of a bad team from the seventies who bought up years old cars, running them underfunded with non exciting sponsors. I would of expect him to have a seat at Sauber if Ferrari was really serious about him. That team has an excellent track record maturing talent.

101FlyingDutchman

It’s more the association with Mazepin

InsaneX_Badger

How would Mazepin be represented in F1TV? What flag would he run under, plus would he be able to have the Russian national anthem playing if he managed to get on the podium??

Manoah2u

ME4ME wrote:
Well, Big Schumi started at jordan (now Aston Martin),
catched the attention due to his amazing driving skills,
then got in-season a seat @ Benetton (now Alpine).

In Big Schumi's case, he was Mercedes-backed (ala Hamilton style).
in Lil' Schumi's case, he is Ferrari-backed.

Despite his Merc-backing, he swiftly found glory in Ford-powered and then Renault Powered @ Benetton, then he had more glory with Ferrari, before ultimately 'coming home again' with Mercedes.

So Mick might get a start @ Haas, but that doesn't mean he won't mirror his dad's career and swiftly find him in a seat of a non-Ferrari powered team.

Likely? not at all. But, never say never. That said, it's up to him, and for him to prove his worth.

LeClerc went from Haas to Sauber/Alfa 'quickly' to Ferrari.
Jules Bianchi should have went to Ferrari, and had to do with Manor.
Russell is set to go to Mercedes, still has to do with a dog of a Williams.

Russell will get his moment to shine. Likewise Mick will get his moment to shine.
But, it's up to him.

Simply put: if Nikita beats him, forget about him.

Let Mick have a year @ Haas without pressure and taste F1,
then see him @ Alfa alongside Kimi in 2022, mature and come to grips with the format in 2022 and 2023,
then move to Ferrari or any big team in 2024.

Mick's dad, the legend himself, had a good car under his belt quite fast, but the truth is, times are different now.

If Michael Schumacher was born a decade or two, three later, and stepped in F1 right now, and arguing we have the exact same undeniable talent, then no matter what he does in the beginning, i doubt he'd be 'promoted' to a big team that fast as happened to him back in 1991. And even then, despite his talent, he 'only' finished (Michael) 14th his first season.

If Mick is really good, and Haas would not be good for him to be there,
then Ferrari would swiftly move him from Haas, but Pietro Fittipaldi in his seat,
and give him the seat of Giovanazzi or Raikkonen.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jolle

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 23:39
Gene Haas is a convicted criminal ;-) (tax dodging, witnes tampering and other of that sorts. Payed a huge fine and served some serious jail time)

Manoah2u

Jolle wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 00:25
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 23:39
Gene Haas is a convicted criminal ;-) (tax dodging, witnes tampering and other of that sorts. Payed a huge fine and served some serious jail time)
funny, that's true, i actually forgot all about that :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

101FlyingDutchman

I did not know! Wow 😳

SAEED

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 00:24
ME4ME wrote:
If Michael Schumacher was born a decade or two, three later, and stepped in F1 right now, and arguing we have the exact same undeniable talent, then no matter what he does in the beginning, i doubt he'd be 'promoted' to a big team that fast as happened to him back in 1991. And even then, despite his talent, he 'only' finished (Michael) 14th his first season.
Well, Michael only raced 6 of the 16 races in 1991 and retired from 3 of them. Although retiring was very common then. Next season he was 3rd and close to Patrese in 2nd in a Williams.

Morteza