2021 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mostlyeels

Re: 2021 Haas F1 Team

InsaneX_Badger wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 23:54
How would Mazepin be represented in F1TV? What flag would he run under, plus would he be able to have the Russian national anthem playing if he managed to get on the podium??
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2021/02/ ... ussia-ban/

He'll have a "neutral flag" colour, and the anthem won't be played on the podium.

However:
Drivers will however we able to use the colours of the Russian flag, such as on a livery or team gear, and spectators can display Russian flags to show support.

Vasconia

The drivers seem to be reasonable happy with the test. We known that the car will maybe the second worst one but least the milleage was very good and driver's conclusion were positive.

Macklaren

Williams actually looked pretty good during the test so looks like Haas may be right at the back (unless you meant Mercedes being at the back -- just kidding :lol: )

Vasconia

Macklaren wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 16:52
Williams actually looked pretty good during the test so looks like Haas may be right at the back (unless you meant Mercedes being at the back -- just kidding :lol: )
They were not far behind, who knows, maybe Mick could overtake Lewis in his first season. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Manoah2u

just a little more chin and a little more years and he's gonna look even more like his father.
a 90's period correct haircut would also help :mrgreen:

I'd say Mick's going to be the driver most looked into his performance since Bruno Senna.
Both had legendary shoes to fill. Bruno didn't make it, unfortunately - he wasn't his actual son though but he looked a lot like him too.

Mick is now the one to go into arguably still the biggest shoes to fill.

Looking at Nico, Damon and Jacques for example shows that they can definately make it.
Looking at Max also shows they can even surpass them. I'd be inclined to say Nico Rosberg also ended up being 'better' - even though i think Keke was a bit 'braver' or 'bolder' than his son.

I hope Mick actually has enough talent. Imagine him actually even being better than his dad. that would be something.

If that's the case, we're in for a treat to see him take a path to take the 'crown' back to his family after Hamilton very likely is going to take it from his father at the end of the season.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

politburo

Zynerji wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 00:07
Manoah2u wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 23:41
Big Tea wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 17:36
Haas has had some bad publicity lately, I wonder if they have been tempted to send a car out completely unfettered by things like fuel flow ERS limits or anything else that can not be seen, and set a flyer Brawn pre 200p style? Just to get their name in lights and some positive publicity.

Not the whole session, just one run to grab headlines then back to proper testing.
They can not be happy with the way they have been painted this year.
I doubt they even can, it's not as much as the teams themselves have the ability to just tweak with key engine components, all that stuff is handled by ferrari staff in their pit box. it would certainly also have unwanted wear on the engine itself, and that would bite them later in the behind if they are in a situation where they can snatch some points but have the engine blow up due to this meaningless 'trick'.
Test engines are used in the season??

I thought allocation started at race 1.
I thought that too. Maybe the OP thought Haas would to do it to cut costs?. Really weird to try and cost-cut by using a 400-lap old engine in the first race when it could actually be unreliable and your race weekend may be completely compromised as a result (Assuming they even used the same engine all weekend).
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

politburo

Vasconia wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 10:58
The drivers seem to be reasonable happy with the test. We known that the car will maybe the second worst one but least the milleage was very good and driver's conclusion were positive.
If each of them even scores 1 point it'll be a good season for them given how Haas has essentially given up on adapting throughout the season. It'll be such a tough season.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

El Scorchio

politburo wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 14:21
Vasconia wrote:
If each of them even scores 1 point it'll be a good season for them given how Haas has essentially given up on adapting throughout the season. It'll be such a tough season.
It will definitely be character building for both of them.

Manoah2u

They're going to have to focus on the start of the season more than anything else. They'll be miles behind at the end of the season.
Sure, Williams will be too though. However, Williams has a few updates - Haas has too iirc, but i got the impression williams has a bit more 'updates' compared to williams.

Perhaps we're going to see a Lil' Mick vs King George and a bit of Latifi vs Mazepin.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 15:21
They're going to have to focus on the start of the season more than anything else. They'll be miles behind at the end of the season.
Sure, Williams will be too though. However, Williams has a few updates - Haas has too iirc, but i got the impression williams has a bit more 'updates' compared to williams.

Perhaps we're going to see a Lil' Mick vs King George and a bit of Latifi vs Mazepin.
FP1 indicates something similar so you may be right. At least I hope to see Mick being competitive in comparison to his teammate and hopefully Williams.

Vasconia

El Scorchio wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 14:40
politburo wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Indeed, starting your F1 career with a super competitive car makes your life easier but doesn´t prepare you for tough times.

El Scorchio

Vasconia wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 16:18
El Scorchio wrote:
politburo wrote:

Indeed, starting your F1 career with a super competitive car makes your life easier but doesn´t prepare you for tough times.
Exactly. I think it's what Schumacher sr would want for his son. Work hard and work your way up. It's great preparation.

Vasconia

El Scorchio wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 16:52
Vasconia wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 16:18
El Scorchio wrote:

Exactly. I think it's what Schumacher sr would want for his son. Work hard and work your way up. It's great preparation.
Yeah, first day at work hasn´t been a bad one so far. =D>

ScrewCaptain27

I seriously hope they will not blame their drivers for today’s performance because the car ATM is frankly disgusting.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian