RIP Murray Walker, the voice of F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
waynes

Re: RIP Murray Walker, the voice of F1

bit of an odd one but the live footage of Senna's crash and subsequent footage of the medical team working on him, Murrays voice stands out and conveyed immediately just how serious it looked. As a massive Senna fan and being 13 years old, I remember hearing Murray talk and i'm sure he said something not too polite about the TV director showing the helicopter footage from overhead and Senna having chest compressions. I left the house at that point (football match to go and play) knowing it was serious, only later when coming home from playing football did i hear the sad news.

RIP Murray, the voice of Formula One.

hugobos

Not odd-25 at that time, to my suprise I can also recall that moment and commentary vividly . 1996 I was addicted to smoking cigarettes, and Damon Hill fan . Promised my wife , to quit smoking if Damon became world champion, bit odd him being sponsored by Rothmans in retrospect. Every time I see that clip of Hill with Murray’s commentary it moves me. Also a reminder of not smoking for 25 years now.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

jjn9128

#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

F1NAC

Sabine Schmitz also died after battling with cancer. RIP :(

NathanOlder

F1NAC wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 14:15
Yeah , big loss. Great talent. Still love watching her fly around the ring in a Ford Transit.

RIP Sabine.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Ringleheim

F1NAC wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 14:15
Just found that out myself. Only 51 years old! What a loss and what a shame.

She is always going to be known as the Queen of the Nordschleife!